Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Scuttlebutt????
Old 04-17-2010, 08:01 AM

Default Scuttlebutt????

So last night my father calls me and he says he heard the following on the John Thompson show on 980 yesterday:

The Eagles are hot for Eric Berry and would like to move up to #4 so that they can take him. They would trade us their 17th overall plus their 2nd rounder and return to us the 2nd rounder we gave up for McNabb.

Essentially, The Eagles would be, in two trades giving us McNabb for a swap of firsts and their 2nd plus the condtional pick from next year we gave up as a part of the McNabb trade.

Would be a dream come true for many, including myself. My question is why the hell would the Eagles do this?

I'd love for it to happen, as we could address 2 O line positions and either LB/NT/FS with picks high enough to be immediate contributors.

Anyone else hear this?
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
So last night my father calls me and he says he heard the following on the John Thompson show on 980 yesterday:

The Eagles are hot for Eric Berry and would like to move up to #4 so that they can take him. They would trade us their 17th overall plus their 2nd rounder and return to us the 2nd rounder we gave up for McNabb.

Essentially, The Eagles would be, in two trades giving us McNabb for a swap of firsts and their 2nd plus the condtional pick from next year we gave up as a part of the McNabb trade.

Would be a dream come true for many, including myself. My question is why the hell would the Eagles do this?

I'd love for it to happen, as we could address 2 O line positions and either LB/NT/FS with picks high enough to be immediate contributors.

Anyone else hear this?
Keino get on the phone with Andy Reid immediately and start broker that deal!

Old 04-17-2010, 08:08 AM
Healer

No, and most drafts show Berry available up to 8, so another partner may be cheaper for Filthy. But the McNabb trade was a shocker, and it would not surprise me if other options on a broader range hadn't been discussed. That said, I wonder at Thompson's football source, and tend to discount this on that basis.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hr fan View Post
No, and most drafts show Berry available up to 8, so another partner may be cheaper for Filthy.
I'd be stunned if Berry made it past Cleveland at 7.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Chief

i hope they do exactly that!basically they are giving us 3 players for barry?that sounds great to me.

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 04-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Is cleveland going to be 7 or 1? If they are 7 I agree. But KC at 5, if BPA, could take Berry so maybe there is some reasoning - wearing burgundy glasses.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:27 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:

Anyone else hear this?
Peter King confirms a lot of that rumor. If they would be willing to give up their 1st+the 2 2nds, I'd do that deal. As much as I like Williams and Bulaga, turning that pick into Anthony Davis or Iupati+an OT with our old 2nd+a defensive player with the other 2nd would be much better for the skins.

As for why the Eagles would do it, they don't want to draft or shell out for a starting Cb, so they would just move newly signed Marlin Jackson to CB and draft his replacement at FS.

For the record, I'm more in favor of:
#4 to New Orleans(so that they can take Berry) for Jamal Brown+32+future first.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Great Spirit

I would do this deal in a heartbeat, but I haven't heard anything about it.

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist. Football is only two things - blocking and tackling." - Vince Lombardi

Old 04-17-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
I'd be stunned if he made it past the Chiefs at #5.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:38 AM

By the way, the name of the thread comes from the name of the segment on the JT show.

I looked for the audio archive at espn980.com but had no luck.

I think I would much rather have 1.17, 2.5 & 2.17 than Jamal Brown 1.32 and a future 1st. Either would make me happy though.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Chief

The 49ers have the 17th overall. Philly has the 24th I believe unless something happened that I am not aware of.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
The 49ers have the 17th overall. Philly has the 24th I believe unless something happened that I am not aware of.
Okay well 24th then.....

Old 04-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Code Talker

Quote:

Anyone else hear this?

I am for accumulating picks by moving down but the problem can be that you moved yourself so far down that you no long get an impact player. I think Okung is the real deal and would start immediately. At pick 17, we're left with less of a sure thing. If it is a tackle we want it would be Bruce Campbell from Maryland or USC's Charles Brown.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimike View Post
I am for accumulating picks by moving down but the problem can be that you moved yourself so far down that you no long get an impact player. I think Okung is the real deal and would start immediately. At pick 17, we're left with less of a sure thing. If it is a tackle we want it would be Bruce Campbell from Maryland or USC's Charles Brown.
I am pretty much okay if that's who we land at Tackle. But I don't share your belief in Okung as the real deal, so that's really why I would like to trade down....besides the obvious multiple holes to fill angle.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
I am pretty much okay if that's who we land at Tackle. But I don't share your belief in Okung as the real deal, so that's really why I would like to trade down....besides the obvious multiple holes to fill angle.
+1 on all you say

i think philly has come to realize just how important dawkins was to their overall defense. they simply havent been the same without him.. whether berry is the same quality of player is open to discussion, but the need is clearly there

i dont know that Okung is better than Trent Williams, Bulaga right now.. who knows whether he will be better than them, plus a couple of others in 1 year ???