Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Discussion Forums > Choctaw hR Gaming Forum

Old 05-17-2010, 10:07 PM
2007/2008 hR Pick'em Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsKY View Post
That did make me nervous. It's part of the reason I never really got into the GTA games too much. Hopefully these are better.
I only have gripes with the next gen version and the DLC for it. It's pretty annoying when you can pull off flips in a car at will in one version, and then struggle to turn left in the next. Or walk in a straight line, even.

Let's hope this is good. They kept their employees away from their families for a few months. Let's see if it was worth destroying said families and then being sued over it.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:27 AM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMike View Post
You can't imagine how long I've been waiting to use that site. lmao For that, I thank you.
wow, I pray to god that site is not blocked at work. Great find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroGenic View Post
I only have gripes with the next gen version and the DLC for it. It's pretty annoying when you can pull off flips in a car at will in one version, and then struggle to turn left in the next. Or walk in a straight line, even.

Let's hope this is good. They kept their employees away from their families for a few months. Let's see if it was worth destroying said families and then being sued over it.
I didn't like the driving at all in GTA 4. I never actually finished the game. I got to a point where the only 4 missions I could do involved chasing or being chased in a car or motorcycle. It was so frustrating that I just stopped playing.

I'm buying Red Dead Redemption though. I don't know if I'm going to get it tonight or wait til the weekend.

Last edited by tbfoster1 : 05-18-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Ghost Dancer

Pyro im running out to get it here when Best Buy opens. So we can roll around in a posse at some point.

Just a heads up for everyone...
Exclusive content for Best Buy is a "War Horse". Supposed to be a horse thats stronger and faster.

Exclusive for Gamestop is a "Deadly Assassin outfit". I believe it has better aiming ability.

And amazon gives you a Golden gun pack.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquared View Post
Pyro im running out to get it here when Best Buy opens. So we can roll around in a posse at some point.

Just a heads up for everyone...
Exclusive content for Best Buy is a "War Horse". Supposed to be a horse thats stronger and faster.

Exclusive for Gamestop is a "Deadly Assassin outfit". I believe it has better aiming ability.

And amazon gives you a Golden gun pack.

Ugh. I was gonna wait for gamefly, but I guess I can plop down the cash to get in on the action. Battlefield and this in the same week. Yeesh.

Edit: This just looks like unbridled fun. Definitely gonna buy it. No mor griping

Last edited by PyroGenic : 05-18-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Shaman

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=468_1274045745&c=1

This is pretty funny

Old 05-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Warrior

This game starts off slooooow but is pretty fantastic once it gets going. I thought the "dead eye" shooting was pretty generic looking in the previews, but it's actually remarkably fun, especially when you use it to, completely unnecessarily, put 6 holes in one poor guy.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbfoster1 View Post
I spent 2 hours trying to do that. The reasons why I couldn't complete it was because I got side-tracked by all the stuff to do, the train sucks to get to, and apparently the achievement is gender-biased... can't do it to a dude. I had some prostitute that I abducted on the back of my horse from armadillo, and the Sheriffs ended up shooting her dead while they were in pursuit. Hah. When I finally lost the cops, I ran into a guy limping through the desert near gaptooth ridge, roped him, dragged him around for a bit, and then saw the train. To end this quickly, it didn't work out. He gibbed, but I didn't hear that bo-dip sound

Old 05-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroGenic View Post
I spent 2 hours trying to do that. The reasons why I couldn't complete it was because I got side-tracked by all the stuff to do, the train sucks to get to, and apparently the achievement is gender-biased... can't do it to a dude. I had some prostitute that I abducted on the back of my horse from armadillo, and the Sheriffs ended up shooting her dead while they were in pursuit. Hah. When I finally lost the cops, I ran into a guy limping through the desert near gaptooth ridge, roped him, dragged him around for a bit, and then saw the train. To end this quickly, it didn't work out. He gibbed, but I didn't hear that bo-dip sound
I got a guy with it yesterday. I roped him in Armadillo and took him west. I screwed around and missed the train so I put him back on the horse and got myself far enough ahead of the train to drop him in the tracks. No acheivement but it was funny as hell to me.

I've got alot of hours in this game now. I enjoy all the things you can do and I'm taking my time through the game and not doing the missions all at once. I've found a 3 treasures. Killed and skinned tons of animals. Broke in some horses, done a bunch of nightwatch missions. Cleared a couple hideouts. I've done 5 or 6 wanted poster missions. Just having a good time with it. I haven't crossed the water yet into the new areas.

I was in thieves landing tonight and a whore says to me as I walk by "I hate to see a man with a dry pecker, can I help?" lol

Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Spirit

I haven't tried that one yet. I'm killing tons of animals. There's a spot south of armadillo that usually has 7+ Bucks in it. You just need to spring em, dead eye them all and collect some good money back in town. The commentary is pretty funny and I'm usually in no hurry to complete missions because I keep finding stuff to do along the way.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:12 PM

Is anybody interested in making a possee and running around? I have to say, I'm pretty satisfied with how this game is shaping out. It's really fun, lots of stuff to do... I guess the only real bad thing is that it sucks away time like nobody's business.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:33 PM
hR Owner

My 13 year old beat the game in one week. I bought it for him the Tuesday it came out, and the following Tuesday he had beat it. Now he's going back through and doing all of the other stuff.

I've watched him play but I have no desire to start it. Looks too addictive.