Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 07-29-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Another positive from Shanny. Good solid quote here:

"Albert was first class all the way."

Maybe this means he's moving to put this behind him.

FYI: Shanahan said AH was the only player who had to complete the test. So how does he know if the other players are in shape?
That's easy. They all participated in the off-season program.

I, for one, am completely okay with him having to take a test designed to not let him pass, and I don't care that it is punitive. Haynesworth brought this on himself.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJacksonTaylor28 View Post
Who cares if he is "skinny"? That doesn't mean he has the required conditioning for professional football. If there was only a test to measure that... oh, wait...
I was merely responding to someone who called him fat. In no way do I think thinner = in shape. As far as NFL interior defensive lineman go, AH is no longer heavy

Old 07-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolla Bill View Post
I can't believe people are divided over this. We have been clamouring for a no nonsense coach for years, and we finally get one; yet people bitch about how he does this? I guarantee that Belicheat, Cowher, and Dungy would handle this the same way.

This is management 101. Imagine you are a new boss of a fortune 500 company that used to be a Fortune 100 company. People have been doing whatever they have done. You come in and set what rules need to be followed. One employee takes exception to this; and continues to do things their way. You have several options of how to deal with this.

1) Let it continue: Result? Instead of having team harmony, you now have other employees thinking "Well if he can get away with it, so can I?".

2) Repremand employee: This is my way. You don't like it? Get the hell out, and stop wasting my time and the rest of your co-worker's time.

Its a slam-dunk, no brainer what to do in this situation. If this was Zorn, there wouldn't be any test, and thus allowed AH to continue being his lazy, manipulative self. Shanahan is not only doing this for the team, himself, and the front office; he's doing this to push AH to be a better player/person. Can you imagine him actually in shape? If he wasn't in shape during his all-pro/pro bowl years, then the rest of the NFC East doesn't want to see it either. He will be dominating, but Shanahan HAS to do this for him to realize his untapped potential.
Hell yes, well said!

We have a real football coach now folks!!!

Old 07-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Hunter

I think Albert trained for the wrong position this off season. He used a wide receiver training regimen...corners, posts, buttonhooks.

He CORNERS a tripple stacked Turkey sandwich ....then POSTS up at the buffet until his Buttonhooksare snapping off his shirt.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Uh, he's a defensive tackle. You want him at 300?

And here's a quote from Rick Maese, for the folks tying to make a case this was a legit test AH got today:
No he didn't... just post a quote from D.Hall to defend Haynesworth. Lmfao that's like Bin lAden defending Sadam. Tell Hall to work on his tackling and not worry about assessing conditioning tests. He doesn't have the credentials to question a head coach in this league or any level. Lmfao...

Old 07-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalDefense View Post
We have a real football coach now folks!!!
Sometimes I forget what's happened to this once-proud franchise over the past 15 or so years. Snyder and Vinny have reduced us to celebrating a selfish lineman being made to run extra laps.

Shanahan has two rings. That's how you know "we have a real football coach now folks."

Old 07-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Sometimes I forget what's happened to this once-proud franchise over the past 15 or so years. Snyder and Vinny have reduced us to celebrating a selfish lineman being made to run extra laps.

Shanahan has two rings. That's how you know "we have a real football coach now folks."
The ''folks" have expressed approval of several managerial items that Shanahan has been a part of in this thread. I don't see the ''folks'' repeatedly falling back to the rings on Shanahan's fingers, although it is a relevent credential you'd like to discredit but I don't see how that alone isn't enough to side with the coach over a problem player.

But you like to paint the picture that the "folks" are narrow minded and blind. You want this topic to go away, yet you continue to reply to pro-Shanahan post the same excuses for Haynesworth over and over again. Why don't you boycott the thread then, your position is clear and hasn't changed.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Shaman

I don't care about no nonsense coach we had Marty ball and we see how a petty old grudge holding coach basically derailed a season with his own stubborness. I just want a good coach.

Lets be clear here Fat Albert is our best defensive player and when he's not tired he's a helluva force I can still remember all the timeson short yardage plays he just collapsed the line of scrimmage. I'd hate to think we're gonna hold this grudge and have to withstand the Warrick Holdman like situation again. Thats my worst case scenario. Media asking every week why isn't Albert in there more why is Albert sitting for long stretches.

Last edited by jaylen : 07-29-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
I don't care about no nonsense coach we had Marty ball and we see how a petty old grudge holding coach basically derailed a season with his own stubborness. I just want a good coach.

Lets be clear here Fat Albert is our best defensive player and when he's not tired he's a helluva force I can still remember all the timeson short yardage plays he just collapsed the line of scrimmage. I'd hate to think we're gonna hold this grudge and have to withstand the Warrick Holdman like situation again. Thats my worst case scenario. Media asking every week why isn't Albert in there more why is Albert sitting for long stretches.
It was the first day! Let's wait until, I don't know, the start of September before we start worrying about whether or not Fat Albert cost himself a starting DL spot.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Chief

This is what happens when you don't follow the rules...no player is bigger than the team. Shanny has every right to do what he's doing. When Albert took that check, it created a pure mess. All he had to do was to show up for minicamps. And IMO this proves my theory that he was not in shape during mincamps. Good for Shanny. Setting the tone from the beginning. I have no problem with handling the jackass of the classroom and showing that he;s not scared of big al.

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....
May his peace be with you till we meet again my friend.

Amen

-Eric

Always count your blessings.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...1.jpg&newest=1

Old 07-30-2010, 06:18 AM
Great Spirit

Haynesworth should have never shown up lol. Shannahan is going to kick his behind in training camp.

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist. Football is only two things - blocking and tackling." - Vince Lombardi

Old 07-30-2010, 06:29 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post

Hmmm, Marty had that team playing well towards the end of the season to end up at 8-8. I don't understand your comment in that regards.

Yes, Albert is a beast when he's on the field but he should be on the field more often. Imagine what he could do if he was. He was the one that said he wanted to get back to the shape and conditioning he had when he was with the Titans. Yeah, he lost the weight. Good for him. Is he in football shape? That's the question.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Ghost Dancer

http://twitter.com/Mitch_Tischler/status/19902596840

Quote:
Haynesworth test: 1st part 10-25 yard sprints #Redskins ... And that's it, they're walking off the field, no real reaction from anyone

Old 07-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Chief Moderator

In hindsight...upon AH's arrival to camp yesterday, Shanny should have given him three loud Hip, Hip Hoorays, slapped him on the ass and said; "Welcome back you big lug!" What Shanny did yesterday was pure amateur hour.

Albert is a human being, folks. He has feelings. Its not nice to make him run. Its not like his is a wide receiver or anything. How about a test that makes sense for his position? Maybe pit him against Kobayashi in a hot dog eating contest? Get your head in the game, Mike. Your coaching rust is showing.

Someone should have reminded Albert that the best way for superstars to get their way is to have closed-door meetings with Danny and get special permissions behind the coach's back. Had he done so, things would have never escalated to these levels. That is Albert's only fault here.

Having looked at the pictures of him, I'm started to get concerned for his well being. He looks gaunt. A bit jaundice around the eyes, too. I know Dr. Andrews specializes in knees, but maybe he can help treat Albert's anorexia, also?

I'll be glad when this Shanny-induced circus is finally over. Multi-Super-Bowl-Winning-Coaches are overated and a dime a dozen. I haven't heard him say; "aw shucks" once since he was hired. How can the highest paid players in this sport see eye-to-eye with a coach who can't even say that? C'mon, Man!

Old 07-30-2010, 07:50 AM

Albert backhanded the organization when he took the money and refuse to take part in any voluntary training programs.
Shanahan counters with the events that occurred yesterday and I honestly believe AH had no chance of passing that test regardless on his condition. AND actually, him NOT passing could be consider a "test" in itself.
Today or tomorrow he'll eventually pass but Shanahan has to show who's in charge of this team AND that no one player (regardless of how much he makes) is bigger than the team.
Got my respect Coach .....