Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Discussion Forums > Potomac hR Political Air Out

Old 10-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Chief Moderator

Obama went on The Daily Show? For what...to drum up votes? Isn't the Daily Show only seen by 1.5 million people? Teen Mom on MTV gets twice that many eyeballs. If he wanted visibility, an appearance on a show like...Mythbusters would probably garner him a larger audience. Oh wait...

Old 10-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
I wouldn't call it interesting, some of the Q&A was pretty bland, I think they had some good back and forth on Obama the candidate versus Obama the president.
I guess I mean you don't often find a POTUS interview where the subject is given a few legitimately tough questions (Stewart basically called him a Nancy when it came to pushing his agenda through Congress) but is also allowed to show his personality.

Obama was almost simultaneously funny, contrite and optimistic.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:41 PM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinskins View Post
Stewart and Colbert are left-of-center and both have said as much in interviews. As cal has said, they do make fun of the two sides differently in accordance with their viewpoints (conservatives for their idiocy, liberals for their weakness, and both for their hypocrisy).

Their rally (which I think is silly) is a counter to Beck's. It's clearly going to attract a left-of-center audience and have a largely left-of-center message. What Cal has been saying is that the rally won't be overtly political, in that Stewart and Colbert won't be selling particular candidates or making speeches that take sides on particular political issues. Instead they will get their views across by poking fun, which is what they do.

Basically I don't understand your whining about the rally. Everyone knows they are liberal. Get over yourself.
No one is whining, you worthless POS. Again, you're lucky you're a liberal. A conservative who commented like you would have been run off a while ago. Congrats on that.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
Obama went on The Daily Show? For what...to drum up votes? Isn't the Daily Show only seen by 1.5 million people? Teen Mom on MTV gets twice that many eyeballs. If he wanted visibility, an appearance on a show like...Mythbusters would probably garner him a larger audience. Oh wait...
I just watched it and it was the expected campaign stop.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
Again, you're lucky you're a liberal. A conservative who commented like you would have been run off a while ago.
I'm sorry you are so oppressed. In fact, I apologize on behalf of all liberals for the way we've systematically excluded white conservatives from positions of authority and Redskins fan forums. Would you like a tissue?

Old 10-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
First sitting president to appear on TDS

Old 10-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinskins View Post
I'm sorry you are so oppressed. In fact, I apologize on behalf of all liberals for the way we've systematically excluded white conservatives from positions of authority and Redskins fan forums. Would you like a tissue?
You're an idiot. Would you like some government handouts?

Old 10-28-2010, 12:52 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
If you factor in how many people watch it on the web, I bet the audience is much bigger than 1.5 mil.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
If you factor in how many people watch it on the web, I bet the audience is much bigger than 1.5 mil.
TV numbers listed in August had TDS at about 2.3 million, with 1.5 million adults 18-49. I'm guessing you could safely say 3 million when you count the growing percentage of folks who only watch TV via websites or torrents.

Not to mention that unlike most comedy shows you can safely say almost everybody watching that show is an active voter.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Banned

Obama heading to TDS isn't exactly like one of us heading to the 700 level at the Linc. It was easy street for him.

Even with that, he let something slip. He acknowledged that Obamacare was as much a foot in the door as Social Security originally had been. It put into place framework to expand later. This is something proponents of Obamacare vehemently denied in the run up to passage.

As far as this weekend's rally, I think it'll largely be a flop especially in comparison to Beck's Rally. For those of you who've made comments regarding Beck's Rally, what points in particular do you find fault with? Just curious.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Chief

Quote:
Actually the Daily show is seen by more like 3.5 million people when you count the replays at various times during the day and webcasts. That is higher than any cable news show except maybe O'Reilly.

It's not as if Obama is the first politician to go on the daily show. Given the legions of politicos who have come before him, there must be something to it.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
No one is whining, you worthless POS. Again, you're lucky you're a liberal. A conservative who commented like you would have been run off a while ago. Congrats on that.
Really? What has he said that is so bad that would have run him off?

What in this post constitutes grounds for being run out of this forum (other than you don't agree with it)?

Quote:
Stewart and Colbert are left-of-center and both have said as much in interviews. As cal has said, they do make fun of the two sides differently in accordance with their viewpoints (conservatives for their idiocy, liberals for their weakness, and both for their hypocrisy).

Their rally (which I think is silly) is a counter to Beck's. It's clearly going to attract a left-of-center audience and have a largely left-of-center message. What Cal has been saying is that the rally won't be overtly political, in that Stewart and Colbert won't be selling particular candidates or making speeches that take sides on particular political issues. Instead they will get their views across by poking fun, which is what they do.

Basically I don't understand your whining about the rally. Everyone knows they are liberal. Get over yourself.
Can you please stop the Liberal Conspiracy crapola. It does not exist here, and the only time it came close to existing here (and it didn't even then), was when a certain former admin was running this forum.

No conservatives have been censored here. 1 Religious bigot was kicked out of these forums after getting repeated warnings to tone down his anti-muslim rhetoric. Another liberal was run out of here for being a dishonest douche. Please, put away the cross. (Am I allowed to say that to a Catholic? Apparently it was borderline anti-semetic to say this to a Jew).
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

This place is somewhat of a liberal echo chamber. Toss out the term "Teabagger" and nothing is thought of it. Point out someone is a liberal hack or that they follow their leader like Larry and Curly and you "get a talkin' to."

Police it evenly. If you can.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:32 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
No conservatives have been censored here. 1 Religious bigot was kicked out of these forums after getting repeated warnings to tone down his anti-muslim rhetoric. Another liberal was run out of here for being a dishonest douche. Please, put away the cross. (Am I allowed to say that to a Catholic? Apparently it was borderline anti-semetic to say this to a Jew).
A conservative was run out of here, but not for his views, he was run out for trolling.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Chief

Quote:
Whoa!

The fact that you are one of the most inflammatory Republicans on the board and they still made you a Moderator kind of undermines your point. Just a lil' bit.

Last edited by Ibleedburgundy : 10-28-2010 at 03:35 PM.