Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Discussion Forums > Potomac hR Political Air Out

Old 10-28-2010, 04:07 PM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
Really? What has he said that is so bad that would have run him off?

What in this post constitutes grounds for being run out of this forum (other than you don't agree with it)?

Can you please stop the Liberal Conspiracy crapola. It does not exist here, and the only time it came close to existing here (and it didn't even then), was when a certain former admin was running this forum.

No conservatives have been censored here. 1 Religious bigot was kicked out of these forums after getting repeated warnings to tone down his anti-muslim rhetoric. Another liberal was run out of here for being a dishonest douche. Please, put away the cross. (Am I allowed to say that to a Catholic? Apparently it was borderline anti-semetic to say this to a Jew).
Thanks for proving my point. Carry on Justin and congrats again.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
Thanks for proving my point. Carry on Justin and congrats again.
Thanks for being unable to discuss the issue like an adult. What did Justin say that was worthy of being run out of the forum? Nobody is running you out for calling him a POS. What am I missing here Dave.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckahoeskin View Post
This place is somewhat of a liberal echo chamber. Toss out the term "Teabagger" and nothing is thought of it. Point out someone is a liberal hack or that they follow their leader like Larry and Curly and you "get a talkin' to."

Police it evenly. If you can.
Feel free to provide an example.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Thanks for being unable to discuss the issue like an adult. What did Justin say that was worthy of being run out of the forum? Nobody is running you out for calling him a POS. What am I missing here Dave.
A lot it seems.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:51 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
While I do remember her constantly picking at Bush for Z grade scandals at best, I don't recall her ever equating him to Hitler/Stalin/Dan Snyder or pushing massive conspiracy theories like Beck has been doing. Not defending her and what she's done in the past, but unless you have her saying that "No Child Left Behind" will lead to your children being murdered if they fail that english test next friday or "The Part D prescription drug plan" will allow the government to render your elderly relatives' body parts at the behest of the Heritage Foundation, comparing to two is unfair.
I say again...

"Is she as inflammatory and angry filled as Beck? No and probably never was, but she was and is just as much a disingenuous extremist nonetheless."

She is not the firebrand that she used to be when she was on the right, but she is still ideologically hollow, capitalizing on the political fringe to make a name for herself and to make money, promoting the stories she wants while ignoring the ones that contradict her interests. That, at the core, is what Beck is doing, as well.
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:56 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Yes it is.

Which is why it cracks me up to no end that people on the Right get so angry about Stewart and Colbert. What is there to be angry about?
I don't particularly care for Stewart. If he was half as funny as he thinks he is, he'd still be doing standup like a real comedian. He has his moments, but his arrogance makes him unwatchable after about 5-7 minutes.

I do like Colbert. Like Stewart, Colbert is a smarmy douche. Unlike Stewart, Colbert actually does so as part of the character he plays.
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:59 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyNGold View Post
I say again...

"Is she as inflammatory and angry filled as Beck? No and probably never was, but she was and is just as much a disingenuous extremist nonetheless."

She is not the firebrand that she used to be when she was on the right, but she is still ideologically hollow, capitalizing on the political fringe to make a name for herself and to make money, promoting the stories she wants while ignoring the ones that contradict her interests. That, at the core, is what Beck is doing, as well.
Maybe in that extremely narrow comparison, they are two expressions of leeches on the body politic, but Beck takes it to such an extreme level of douchery that Huffington looks clean compared to him(I strain to think of many who don't look clean compared to Beck though).

Old 10-28-2010, 05:08 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Maybe in that extremely narrow comparison, they are two expressions of leeches on the body politic, but Beck takes it to such an extreme level of douchery that Huffington looks clean compared to him(I strain to think of many who don't look clean compared to Beck though).
Beck is the worst I've seen on the right. He limboed the bar set by Limbaugh with room to spare. And Limbaugh limboed the bar set by the likes of Morton Downey Jr. before him. Each incarnation of a political antichrist must be more outrageous than the one before. Othewise, he doesn't get the pub. That's just how that works lol.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:27 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyNGold View Post
Beck is the worst I've seen on the right. He limboed the bar set by Limbaugh with room to spare. And Limbaugh limboed the bar set by the likes of Morton Downey Jr. before him. Each incarnation of a political antichrist must be more outrageous than the one before. Othewise, he doesn't get the pub. That's just how that works lol.
Yeah, and Limbaugh is trying to reclaim the mantle from Beck now also lol. Its like watching two hogs fight for scraps from the body of a member of the Nepalese royal family.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Shaman

Beck freaking out about his book not being #1 on amazon is hilarity.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
A lot it seems.
And for the 3rd time, tell me what it is that I am missing. Act like an adult and discuss the issue instead of retreating to one-liners that make it seem like the world is conspiring against you.

I have asked you pointedly 3 or 4 times now, what was wrong with Justin's post. Instead of answering, you continue with the "woe is anyone on the right in this forum mantra" which is quite played out and not remotely true.

Tell me how you calling him a POS is not a "run outta of this forum" Offense, but his reasoned argument in which the worst thing he said on a personal level was "Get over yourself" is. I am interested in how you reconcile this.

At this point, I will ask everyone in this forum:

What is wrong with this post?

Quote:
Stewart and Colbert are left-of-center and both have said as much in interviews. As cal has said, they do make fun of the two sides differently in accordance with their viewpoints (conservatives for their idiocy, liberals for their weakness, and both for their hypocrisy).

Their rally (which I think is silly) is a counter to Beck's. It's clearly going to attract a left-of-center audience and have a largely left-of-center message. What Cal has been saying is that the rally won't be overtly political, in that Stewart and Colbert won't be selling particular candidates or making speeches that take sides on particular political issues. Instead they will get their views across by poking fun, which is what they do.

Basically I don't understand your whining about the rally. Everyone knows they are liberal. Get over yourself.
Is there anything in the above post that would merit someone being run out of the forum? Not even close to a rule being broken. No bigotry presented. No personal attacks.

Sounds like his advice about getting over yourself is 100% appropriate.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:47 PM

You're right, Sean. You win. You guys can have this forum to yourselves.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
You're right, Sean. You win. You guys can have this forum to yourselves.
Dave grow up dude. I was asking because I really wanted to know what was wrong because I didn't and still don't see it.

Obviously what was wrong with the post, as evidenced by your continued avoidance of discussion on the matter, was that it was in opposition to your view.

I ain't gonna beg you to stay. You can take your ball and go home just like Tom did.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:56 PM

No Sean, I will leave the Potomac to you guys just like the rest of the conservatives have. Enjoy.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:01 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead View Post
Beck freaking out about his book not being #1 on amazon is hilarity.
I can't wait for when he threatens to club a baby seal live on the air unless people go and order his book.