Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Discussion Forums > Potomac hR Political Air Out

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #76  
Old 10-29-2010, 07:39 AM
BurgundyNGold's Avatar
BurgundyNGold BurgundyNGold is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 31,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
No Sean, I will leave the Potomac to you guys just like the rest of the conservatives have. Enjoy.
I hope you mean only for the day or something. If you weren't here, I would be far less interested in this forum.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins7ny
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.
Reply With Quote

  #77  
Old 10-29-2010, 08:36 AM
tuckahoeskin tuckahoeskin is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Glen Allen, VA
Posts: 2,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyNGold View Post
I hope you mean only for the day or something. If you weren't here, I would be far less interested in this forum.
BnG,

You know how the members on the left side of things are like on here. Few handle things like you do -- being able to discuss things without the vitriol. (Except for your irrational Beck Hatred! ) It is a liberal echo chamber. If you don't agree with that you're called a 'tard, teabagger, loon, or whatever. So be it. That sort of thing makes it very tempting to say "Have it to yourselves, boys. Enjoy your surprise on Tuesday."

You and I have discussed it before on threads and PM's. These boys should follow your example.
Reply With Quote

  #78  
Old 10-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Keino's Avatar
Keino Keino is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckahoeskin View Post
BnG,

You know how the members on the left side of things are like on here. Few handle things like you do -- being able to discuss things without the vitriol. (Except for your irrational Beck Hatred! ) It is a liberal echo chamber. If you don't agree with that you're called a 'tard, teabagger, loon, or whatever. So be it. That sort of thing makes it very tempting to say "Have it to yourselves, boys. Enjoy your surprise on Tuesday."

You and I have discussed it before on threads and PM's. These boys should follow your example.
Please provide an example outside of Beck discussions where that is the case.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsSwag2 View Post
Long will never start for us and neither will the kid from stanford. We fot fleecsd .....moses wont start either there is a reason he fell so far. Sosorry this draft has disaster written all over it
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.
Reply With Quote

  #79  
Old 10-29-2010, 09:29 AM
CNYSkinFan's Avatar
CNYSkinFan CNYSkinFan is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 27,392
Default

oh woe is me the oppression of conservatives wah wah wah.

its just bunk. Too many times the conservatives on this board equate the attacks of their views as personal attacks. Thats fine if they want to but this thread is the perfect example of how a liberal posts something a conservative doesnt agree with and they they claim oppression when a second supposed liberal calls out the consrvative for not debating the issue and only debating the tone.

I have less arguments with my wife and daughter about tone of posts then I do here on the Potomac, which is the real reason why this part of Hr has all but died. I have seen way more liberal posters attacked personally for their views then conservatives, and that is the fact.

As for the break down of liberal posters vs conservative the numbers dont really bear your contentions out. I guess IBBand amyself are probably the most liberal with Keino a close third. Then you have B&G and Akh in the moderate though both tend to lean a little to the right for my tastes () and then tuck and Dave on the conservative side of things with Taylor thrown in there from time to time. Lately Justin and Cal have done a couple of posts and I think they are probably liberal but the volume or lack there of in which they post will not allow you to clam your being oppressed.

Of course unfortunately that is what the conservative movement has become. Bill Mahar has got it right when he calls the right the biggest bunch of babies out there, You throw bomb after bomb after bomb and then when someone stands up you whine more then any special interest group that you claim to be so despised by.

I still dont see where tuck and/or Dave has responded to Keinos tempered and reasoned questions on what Justin said that was so offensive. I doubt we ever will.
__________________
Yeah...it sucks to be right sometimes

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan
Reply With Quote

  #80  
Old 10-29-2010, 09:53 AM
dj_stouty's Avatar
dj_stouty dj_stouty is offline
Chief Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,737
Default

Politics is all ebb and flow. One side gets power...and tends to STFU, put up the blinders, and pretend their "guy" isn't making mistakes. The other side calls the bluff, and accuses them of the same stuff their party was doing when they were in power. Rinse and repeat. The only constant is that the hypocritical BS meter is firmly planted on one side or the other...

I've lost touch with politics because of this.
Reply With Quote

  #81  
Old 10-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Keino's Avatar
Keino Keino is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,236
Default

Justin and Cal are probably more liberal than I am, if their recent posts are any indication. Maybe not though. I am left on social issues, but probably closer to center on fiscal issues. The rub is that Fiscal policy often shapes and impacts social policy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsSwag2 View Post
Long will never start for us and neither will the kid from stanford. We fot fleecsd .....moses wont start either there is a reason he fell so far. Sosorry this draft has disaster written all over it
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.
Reply With Quote

  #82  
Old 10-29-2010, 10:37 AM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
Justin and Cal are probably more liberal than I am, if their recent posts are any indication. Maybe not though. I am left on social issues, but probably closer to center on fiscal issues. The rub is that Fiscal policy often shapes and impacts social policy.
I'm just about as far left-of-center as it gets when it comes to social issues (gun control, abortion, gay marriage, etc.). Those are the issues I'm most passionate about.

I find things to like about both parties when it comes to fiscal debate.
Reply With Quote

  #83  
Old 10-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Keino's Avatar
Keino Keino is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,236
Default

The only social issue for which I am not left of Center is gun control. I think it is a fundamental right guaranteed by the Founders. Having said that, I am for reasonable limitations. There is no reason why the general public should have access to armor piercing bullets, or any reason why a Hunter would need a high powered assault rifle like an AK-47. That said, They will have to take my gun out of my cold dead hand.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsSwag2 View Post
Long will never start for us and neither will the kid from stanford. We fot fleecsd .....moses wont start either there is a reason he fell so far. Sosorry this draft has disaster written all over it
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.
Reply With Quote

  #84  
Old 10-29-2010, 11:23 AM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
There is no reason why the general public should have access to armor piercing bullets, or any reason why a Hunter would need a high powered assault rifle like an AK-47.
Sounds like like some lily-livered Lefty BS right there. The founders clearly intended for every American to have an arsenal of fully automatic implements of awesome so we can most thoroughly spray hot death when the Redcoats return.
Reply With Quote

  #85  
Old 10-29-2010, 11:24 AM
akhhorus's Avatar
akhhorus akhhorus is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Monty Burns County
Posts: 61,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
The only social issue for which I am not left of Center is gun control. I think it is a fundamental right guaranteed by the Founders. Having said that, I am for reasonable limitations. There is no reason why the general public should have access to armor piercing bullets, or any reason why a Hunter would need a high powered assault rifle like an AK-47. That said, They will have to take my gun out of my cold dead hand.
You, me and Antonin Scalia all agree.
__________________
Thanks for everything Johnny White Guy.
Reply With Quote

  #86  
Old 10-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Keino's Avatar
Keino Keino is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
You, me and Antonin Scalia all agree.
Which means Clarence agrees as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsSwag2 View Post
Long will never start for us and neither will the kid from stanford. We fot fleecsd .....moses wont start either there is a reason he fell so far. Sosorry this draft has disaster written all over it
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.
Reply With Quote

  #87  
Old 10-29-2010, 11:33 AM
akhhorus's Avatar
akhhorus akhhorus is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Monty Burns County
Posts: 61,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
Which means Clarence agrees as well.
I can get you an autograph anytime lol
__________________
Thanks for everything Johnny White Guy.
Reply With Quote

  #88  
Old 10-29-2010, 01:20 PM
justinskins justinskins is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
The only social issue for which I am not left of Center is gun control. I think it is a fundamental right guaranteed by the Founders.
I actually agree with this. To be honest I wish that more liberals were interested in pursuing their second amendment rights (if only because a lot of gun shops seem to have strong right-wing or evangelical affiliations). That's one of the things that's turned me off to learning more about purchasing & owning a gun (although it is also because guns were not part of my upbringing--my mother has pretty much said she wouldn't approve of me owning one, although she wouldn't have to know). However, I see owning a gun as a lot like owning a car--it is reasonable for the state to require individuals to be educated about them & licensed, and keep track of who owns what.

As for the discussion above... I do feel a little bad about accusing RD of whining. Maybe that was over the line? I'm willing to offer an apology if it will help patch things up around here. I know I'm new to the forum... hopefully I am not causing more problems than I am worth.
Reply With Quote

  #89  
Old 10-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Keino's Avatar
Keino Keino is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
I can get you an autograph anytime lol
Awesome. I will take a picture of my hind parts and instead of him signing it, tell him to kiss it for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsSwag2 View Post
Long will never start for us and neither will the kid from stanford. We fot fleecsd .....moses wont start either there is a reason he fell so far. Sosorry this draft has disaster written all over it
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.
Reply With Quote

  #90  
Old 10-29-2010, 01:31 PM
akhhorus's Avatar
akhhorus akhhorus is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Monty Burns County
Posts: 61,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
Awesome. I will take a picture of my hind parts and instead of him signing it, tell him to kiss it for me.
Racist lol.
__________________
Thanks for everything Johnny White Guy.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
| Home | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Today's Posts | Search | New Posts |