Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 03-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Venom View Post
I would argue that cause #3 would have to be the play-calling.
Or the D not being able to stop runs up the gut.

Or a lackluster secondary (regressed Hall, injured Landry, ghost Atogwe, healing Wilson, Doughty on the roster)

But yeah.. play calling deserves its own negative merits on offense and defense.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Warrior

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess88 View Post
Or the D not being able to stop runs up the gut.

Or a lackluster secondary (regressed Hall, injured Landry, ghost Atogwe, healing Wilson, Doughty on the roster)

But yeah.. play calling deserves its own negative merits on offense and defense.
I think the play-calling on the offensive side of the takes #3-followed closely by the lack-luster play-calling on the Defensive side of the ball.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Venom View Post
I think the play-calling on the offensive side of the takes #3-followed closely by the lack-luster play-calling on the Defensive side of the ball.
I think that'll work for #3. Defensive play calling wasn't bad as a whole, but was always ruined by 2-3 bone head calls that led to big plays each game. Not being able to stop runs up the middle really bother me more for some reason though.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Sentinel

Quote:
I think that'll work for #3. Defensive play calling wasn't bad as a whole, but was always ruined by 2-3 bone head calls that led to big plays each game. Not being able to stop runs up the middle really bother me more for some reason though.
I would love to see Dave Butts reincarnate. As Hank Stram once opined when some team was failing miserably at trying to run against the Redskins. " Like throwing popcorn at a battleship".

Old 03-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Warrior

Exclamation

Quote:
The lack of depth, and the injury train kept the D from doing any real damage, and I am not that convinced Haslett is as good as advertised.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Sentinel

Yeah I'm bumping this thread...Mike Shanahan put this team, players and coaches, together...and we should be better than this by now.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Shaman

shanny must go plain and simple this is a result oriented business and he's not getting it done at all.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Sachem

Hear is the problem. If we fire Crapahan. I dont see any decent coach wanting to come here. With out 2 first round picks in the next two years.

I am not saying Crapahan should stay or go. Getting RG3 was smart and worth it. But that trade sure does hand cuff any new coach comming in.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Chief

Shanny has to go! he's been the conductor of this train wreck three years and things are just as bad or worse since he has gotten here!this is an undisciplined roster and undisciplined coaches too! Haslett should be canned tommorow,but shanny will not do it cause he is stubborn enough to think he does not need a new DC!

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Last edited by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 : 11-04-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcmr View Post
Hear is the problem. If we fire Crapahan. I dont see any decent coach wanting to come here. With out 2 first round picks in the next two years.

I am not saying Crapahan should stay or go. Getting RG3 was smart and worth it. But that trade sure does hand cuff any new coach comming in.
Yeah, that was my main issue with letting Shanahan trade away the future picks: it pretty much meant that if the Skins sucked this year, there was no way to hire a decent replacement, because no coach wants to take over a godawful team that doesn't have a 1st round pick in his first 2 years. Now that RGIII is looking like the real deal, maybe someone reasonable would want the job, but given the Skins' track record during the Snyder era, I can see only total crap re-treads like Dennis Green wanting the job, or maybe lower level assistants who would soon be way in over their head. The Skins' head coaching job is basically about as desirable as Buffalo's. At this point, Shanahan is making me miss Zorn. It was a lot more fun making fun of that guy than it is making fun of Shanny with his buck teeth and fake tan.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
Shanny has to go! he's been the conductor of this train wreck three years and things are just as bad or worse since he has gotten here!this is an undisciplined roster and undisciplined coaches too! Haslett should be canned tommorow,but shanny will not do it cause he is stubborn enough to think he does not need a new DC!
Vince Lombardi can't do much with this roster. They are generally bad from top to bottom. Haslett definitely should be packing his bags and ready to go anyday. We were able to move the ball and score TDs when we still have Davis. Now, a one man show is too easy to stop.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:31 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribeinca View Post
Vince Lombardi can't do much with this roster. They are generally bad from top to bottom. Haslett definitely should be packing his bags and ready to go anyday. We were able to move the ball and score TDs when we still have Davis. Now, a one man show is too easy to stop.
Mike Shanahan picked this roster.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Ghost Dancer

Hurray for CNY! Our hero.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted View Post
At this point, Shanahan is making me miss Zorn. It was a lot more fun making fun of that guy than it is making fun of Shanny with his buck teeth and fake tan.
Really, you are missing Zorn as a headcoah or as your friend? Be real.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Mike Shanahan picked this roster.
Partially agreed. I think our offense was above average before the injuries. Our defense is miserable from day 1 of the season. Shanahan inherited a terrible situation but wasted time with McNabb. And he has to be somewhat responsible for ignoring the defense through the draft or free agencies. This is almost like the first season of rebuilding. Anyway, I don't see him being fired, but I don't think he will be here once his contract is up.