Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 01-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinmayhem View Post
LOL!!! Might be the best thing to come out of this thread!
So who's Grady?

Old 01-09-2011, 02:44 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinskins View Post
So who's Grady?
Haslett

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 01-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Ghost Dancer

granted i am coming into this way late, and i just skimmed through most of the posts, i know what my opinion is of Mike and it probably isnt popular.

i am excited. A guy who says my way or the highway. Wont let the in-mates run the asylum. Also, i understand he made a tremendous mistake in the trade for McNabb but at least he didn't compound the problem by forcing it to work. if McNabb isnt right he took the steps to move on (tho with little class).

I think all in all, it is more good then bad. I like the new offense as i think we stretch the field, and show more creativity then normal. Defense obviously needs work, but i think personnel decisions is what will make or break Mike here.

At least if Mike goes down, he goes down his way with nobody to blame but himself, and i feel like that is better then what we have had in the recent past. at least in my opinion

Old 01-10-2011, 01:55 AM
Sagamore

I agree with Greatest2. I think I went back & forth all season, but Shanny should get 3 or 4 yrs. He's got the rings, not me. I have to take a leap of faith and trust that he knows wtf he's doing more often than not.

Now if he called a timeout when the Jets are out there flopping around and wasting time with a young QB, then I'll change my mind...

Old 01-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
Haslett
Who's Elizabeth???

Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Who's Elizabeth???
Elway.

lol can I answer my own post?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Elway.

lol can I answer my own post?
And Terrell Davis as Aunt Esther?

Old 01-10-2011, 10:47 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Who's Elizabeth???
Zorn.

Shanny, clutching his headset: "It's the big one! I'm comin' to join you!"
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Runner

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2011010700588

Quote:
The organizations that I've been in that have been in trouble over the years is when they don't admit their mistakes. They make a mistake, and they keep on trying to cover for it for three or four years, telling people how smart they were for doing it. Well, if it's not working out, it's not working out.
Yes let's get rid of Shanahan for a weak coach that will continue to play Bruce Smith err I mean McNabb well past his prime and not admit to mistakes. An consistency never provides success in the nfl

Old 01-11-2011, 05:53 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
The point is, I believe it likely that the decisions Shanahan makes this off season will be judged as bad before they are ever tested on the field, because they will have been inconsistent with what the forum experts believe should have been the proper decisions.

At that point, it will get nuclear pretty fast.
So you have an issue with fans being fans? That's what I get from your post.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins View Post
So you have an issue with fans being fans? That's what I get from your post.

Not sure what you mean by 'fans being fans.'

If you mean fans having critical opinions of the head coach, calling for his firing, of course they have a right to that opinion, and often fans come to feel that way about the coach of their team.

I happen to strongly disagree with that opinion at this time. I am also just being a fan voicing my opinion about what's best for the team.

I think that the team needs continuity at the coaching position and the front office to succeed and it would be a shame to make yet another change there so quickly.

I agree that some mistakes were made this year, most specifically the decision to get McNabb for what we gave up for him. But in balance I think that Shanahan and his staff are likely to know a great deal more about player personnel and how to assemble and mold a winning team than anyone who has not done that for a living and probably most other coaches active in the league at this time. I am just making the case that we should give him a reasonable chance to succeed before demanding that he be dumped.
"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to realize their mistakes. The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average, much higher than it actually is." (Hat tip to 44 goes 50 gut)

Old 01-12-2011, 06:31 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by 'fans being fans.'

If you mean fans having critical opinions of the head coach, calling for his firing, of course they have a right to that opinion, and often fans come to feel that way about the coach of their team.

I happen to strongly disagree with that opinion at this time. I am also just being a fan voicing my opinion about what's best for the team.

I think that the team needs continuity at the coaching position and the front office to succeed and it would be a shame to make yet another change there so quickly.

I agree that some mistakes were made this year, most specifically the decision to get McNabb for what we gave up for him. But in balance I think that Shanahan and his staff are likely to know a great deal more about player personnel and how to assemble and mold a winning team than anyone who has not done that for a living and probably most other coaches active in the league at this time. I am just making the case that we should give him a reasonable chance to succeed before demanding that he be dumped.
Then there's no need for you to refer to members as "experts" simply because their opinion is different than yours.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins View Post
Then there's no need for you to refer to members as "experts" simply because their opinion is different than yours.
I did not use that term simply because someone's opinion was different than mine.

Everyone posts here because they have an interest in the team, an opinion, and enjoy to debate their opinion. That seems to be the point of this forum. If everyone who posted here was respectful of the opinions of others and courteous in their interactions I would be all for it. I will certainly strive to do so.
"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to realize their mistakes. The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average, much higher than it actually is." (Hat tip to 44 goes 50 gut)

Old 01-12-2011, 05:10 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
I did not use that term simply because someone's opinion was different than mine.

Everyone posts here because they have an interest in the team, an opinion, and enjoy to debate their opinion. That seems to be the point of this forum. If everyone who posted here was respectful of the opinions of others and courteous in their interactions I would be all for it. I will certainly strive to do so.
So, why was the term'experts' used?

Old 01-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Just asking..

for those who are anti-Shanahan, would any of you prefer Ron Rivera or Shurmur as the Redskin Head Coach, right now ???

How about Jon Fox, McDaniel or Mangenious ?? or perhaps Charlie Weis ??