Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Scalper

I don't see how Grossman starts this season unless RG3 is hurt. How is he supposed to explain that one to Snyder? I can see the conversation now.

Snyder: "Why haven't you coached this kid up enough to play?"
Shanahan: "We're doing everything we can. He's just not ready."
Snyder: "Oh. So you're telling me that you did a poor job of evaluating his talent and now we don't have another first round pick until 2015."
Shanny: .......
We don't do anything to put our guys in position to succeed. Up tempo gets us a 14 point lead. So we stop doing it. I would literally prefer someone have ask Madden up on an Xbox on the sideline to call our plays.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
would you feel better if Orton was one injury away from playing ? not me..
Yes.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:26 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
the time to fire him, if it was going to happen after this past year was BEFORE free agency and the draft trade..

at this point in time, that is simply ridiculous.. what ? we are supposed to now bring in another head coach and force RGIII down his throat ?? or perhaps we could deal the pick to Clevland now ?

by virtue of the fact that we are going to draft RGIII, Shanahan has bought himself at least this season and next to get things right..

deal with it ! move on !!
all i did was point out that for supposedly the best coach in years he has a worse record then a couple of clowns....why do you suppose that is? Specially considering those clowns had Vinny C getting their personnel?

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 03-18-2012, 11:27 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
would you feel better if Orton was one injury away from playing ? not me..
not only would I feel better but so dd the bears when they benched grossman for Orton, so would just about any franchise...except rat face and rat face jr

Old 03-19-2012, 02:24 AM
Spirit

The Shannihans went all in for RGIII to play him. I mean what can RGIII learn by watching Rex throw 3 INT? Rex has already shown that when he's the QB we're a team that can win 5 or 6 games. I know there's a learning curve for QB, but RGIII is good enough to win at least 5-6 wins.

I think that even with RGIII, Shannihan has to start showing that he can win games. I think that the team has to win 8 games or so to show that he's "on track". I think that Shanny can blame the disaster that was the Redskins franchise for the last two seasons on Zorn, Snyderrato. But no more. He's got the players he wants on the team. The old guys are gone. The loser's Culture guys are gone. We have a franchise QB. Snyder has stayed out of the personnel business. So unless this team can go at least .500, THIS YEAR, then the question seriously has to be asked as to whether Shanahan has lost a step or three.
Season 3 - .500 or above
Season 4 - wildcard playoff
Season 5 - serious playoff contender

Old 03-19-2012, 02:27 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkurtz View Post
The Shannihans went all in for RGIII to play him. I mean what can RGIII learn by watching Rex throw 3 INT? Rex has already shown that when he's the QB we're a team that can win 5 or 6 games. I know there's a learning curve for QB, but RGIII is good enough to win at least 5-6 wins.

I think that even with RGIII, Shannihan has to start showing that he can win games. I think that the team has to win 8 games or so to show that he's "on track". I think that Shanny can blame the disaster that was the Redskins franchise for the last two seasons on Zorn, Snyderrato. But no more. He's got the players he wants on the team. The old guys are gone. The loser's Culture guys are gone. We have a franchise QB. Snyder has stayed out of the personnel business. So unless this team can go at least .500, THIS YEAR, then the question seriously has to be asked as to whether Shanahan has lost a step or three.
Season 3 - .500 or above
Season 4 - wildcard playoff
Season 5 - serious playoff contender
I don't know about this. I agree that, in general, the expectation for a coach would be that he could break even by year 3. However, QBs often just take a while to develop. I'd love for us to break .500, but not sure we can do it with Griffin.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinskins View Post
I don't know about this. I agree that, in general, the expectation for a coach would be that he could break even by year 3. However, QBs often just take a while to develop. I'd love for us to break .500, but not sure we can do it with Griffin.
Are you doubting Griffins ability or Shanny's?

Old 03-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinskins View Post
Is this because Griffin is a rookie, or you think he's all hype?

Old 03-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
all i did was point out that for supposedly the best coach in years he has a worse record then a couple of clowns....why do you suppose that is? Specially considering those clowns had Vinny C getting their personnel?
Borrowing a comment from another forum...
Quote:
Talk about a raw deal.

Year 1: Restricted Free Agents were no longer restricted due to the rules in the CBA and lengthening that time from 3 to 5 years, diminishing the FA pool. (Try to fast track recovery of Snyder/Vinny years)

Year 2: Due to the CBA, the offseason was cut short, less OTA's, etc. Free Agency was also much later and limited.

Year 3: 18 Million Cap "Penalty" for unwritten "warnings" and rules not broken. (punished for trying to fast track recovery of Snyder/Vinny years)

Will this regime ever get just a normal off-season to rebuild this *****ing team?
They made mistakes with McNabb, obviously. Kyle as a whole is a mistake, I get the father/son thing, but at some point he needs to help the son get a college job. Rex as a is a mistake as a player getting paid in American dollars. 1st year = wash, tried shortcuts with McNabb and fixing $/player problems, failed. 2nd year put focus on fixing age and defense problem. 3rd year starting off badly, but focus is on fixing Offense and QB problems.

I'm not upset with the crap they've had thrown at them and what they are trying to do with it. They deserve time, give Shanny and Allen time. This better be the Kyle does something or gets help moving on year. The alternative is another decade (likely longer) of Snyder firing Coaches and GM's repeatedly. This combo deserves the shot of their contract lengths, new concept for Snyder, seems he agrees.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Spirit

Quote:
In your opinion is our roster better off now or when Cerrato and Snyder were running the show?

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 03-19-2012, 05:00 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar703 View Post
In your opinion is our roster better off now or when Cerrato and Snyder were running the show?
I know our record isn't I actually think our roster in year 1 of Zorn was pretty talented just horribly mismanaged. I don't think our roster now is all that much better and every metric, stat, and my own eyes seems to agree with that. On Defense we have a bunch of 4-3 players trying to play 3-4, still. And on onffense we have some talent, that is dragged down by a horrible line.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Healer

Quote:
I know our record isn't I actually think our roster in year 1 of Zorn was pretty talented just horribly mismanaged. I don't think our roster now is all that much better and every metric, stat, and my own eyes seems to agree with that. On Defense we have a bunch of 4-3 players trying to play 3-4, still. And on onffense we have some talent, that is dragged down by a horrible line.
This has traditionally been the case, but I think last year our offensive talent was being dragged down by poor QB play more than the line. Not saying our Oline was great, but Helu seemed to be running fairly well when he finally started and our receivers were getting open windows.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Warrior

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess88 View Post
This has traditionally been the case, but I think last year our offensive talent was being dragged down by poor QB play more than the line. Not saying our Oline was great, but Helu seemed to be running fairly well when he finally started and our receivers were getting open windows.
The weakest link on the Skins has always (I am referring to the last decade or so) the O-line & the Qb play....

Old 03-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Venom View Post
The weakest link on the Skins has always (I am referring to the last decade or so) the O-line & the Qb play....
Agreed, though I think last year they traded places as cause #1 and #2. Really though, it could be argued either way.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Warrior

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess88 View Post
Agreed, though I think last year they traded places as cause #1 and #2. Really though, it could be argued either way.
I would argue that cause #3 would have to be the play-calling.