Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Sports Fan Forums > Sioux General Sports Tribe

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Chief

Anyone want a regulation EPL ball one just landed on my balcony?

Seriously though Liverpool were very unlucky. The call to disallow Carrol's goal was pretty soft by EPL standards and perhaps if he was 5'9 as opposed to 6'4 it would have been allowed.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Chief

http://www.express.co.uk/football/vi...-Mario-Goetze?

Always said express.co.uk was a quality publication. Never heard of it but they sure make up some good news. I'd take him over Sneijder in the blink of an eye.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
Anyone want a regulation EPL ball one just landed on my balcony?
Ouch. lol. I love Suarez, but he should not have taken that penalty kick. That is why we brought in Charlie Adam. King Kenny won't make that mistake again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
Seriously though Liverpool were very unlucky. The call to disallow Carrol's goal was pretty soft by EPL standards and perhaps if he was 5'9 as opposed to 6'4 it would have been allowed.
The disallowed goal sucked, but Liverpool has no one but themselves to blame for the tie. Suarez missing the PK...Carroll having 7 shots go off target...missed chances...etc. They had the opportunity to win 4-0 but decided to take off the 2nd half.

Downing looks to be the real deal. He played left wing...right wing...and virtually everywhere....and his crosses are deadly. he also showed amazing ball handling skills when he advanced the ball from the right, evaded several Sunderland defenders and blistered a rocket off the cross bar.

Enrique had a great debut. He will pair nicely with Downing on the left side. Should be a nice combination.

Henderson looked REALLY nervous. Not only was he playing in front of the Kop for the first time, but he was facing his old club. I hope he shakes those nerves and makes better decisions on the ball rather than simply passing backwards. We still got Poulson on the roster for that....

I love Dirk Kuyt. He will likely come off the bench most of the year, but you will never hear him gripe about it. He is a top character guy on and off the field and i hope he stays with the team a long time. I'll bet he will score several game winning goals off the bench this year. Such a luxury to have...

Well, I would have liked 3 points, but Chelsea also tied. Torres continued to look like crap and Villas-Boas looks lost in the EPL. United struggled as well (but got the win on an OG), DeGea seems to be mistake prone and they lost Rio/Vidic for some time. And I'm delighted to see Arsenal lose two of their best players. Looks like it will be a fight between the Manchester clubs with a handful of teams just watching in the wings...

Old 08-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Spirit

We couldn't even pick up a point this weekend. Harry out.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Chief Moderator

Aguerro scores 8 minutes after he subs in.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
Aguerro scores 8 minutes after he subs in.
WOW....make that two.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Healer

Quote:
WOW....make that two.
In 32 minutes he had a nice tap in, a very heady assist to Silva and a cannon shot for this second score. Who needs Tevez? They'll be an entertaining team to watch, in every regard.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:24 PM
hR Staff Writer

Interesting: If Barca decides to sell Cesc, Arsenal has an option to buy him back.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:01 PM
hR Staff Writer

THanks Madrid, for such a classless and disgusting end to what was a great Super Cup. Marcelo, Ozil and Mourinho need to be suspended for awhile.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Chief Moderator

Looks like Liverpool is trying to bolster their center-back depth by going after Gary Cahill and Ryan Shawcross. Both are under 26...and both are British...which fits Kenny's recent requirements for new talent these days.

I'd prefer Cahill...who struck this scorcher of a goal against QPR last weekend.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Spirit

Great, maybe the last thing we need is to trounce a team 5-0 to convince Harry we don't need Modric or new strikers.

But we did play some sexy football out there. Passing looked fantastic, even against an entirely outclassed Hearts side. Now we get to start the grind out at Old Trafford, and perhaps Adebayor can drive across town to meet us for kick off.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Chief Moderator

I wonder how Arsenal are going to field a full lineup this weekend against Liverpool. Fabregas is gone, Nasri is on his way out to City, 4-5 players are injured including Wilshire, and Song & Gervinho are both suspended. All of this, including a pissed off Emirates crowd that is pissed with Arsene sittng on all this cash.

This is Liverpool's chance to go in and get 3 points.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Spirit

Quote:
I wonder how Arsenal are going to field a full lineup this weekend against Liverpool. Fabregas is gone, Nasri is on his way out to City, 4-5 players are injured including Wilshire, and Song & Gervinho are both suspended. All of this, including a pissed off Emirates crowd that is pissed with Arsene sittng on all this cash.

This is Liverpool's chance to go in and get 3 points.
The way things are going over at the Arse, they may have a tougher time finishing top 4 than us. Which is fine with me.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsKY View Post
The way things are going over at the Arse, they may have a tougher time finishing top 4 than us. Which is fine with me.
All I know is that City scares the crap out of me right now. Aguero couldn't have had a better first game. If they can all play friendly together and not allow the likes of Balotelli to make a rift, then I see them as the favorite.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Chief

Quote:
All I know is that City scares the crap out of me right now. Aguero couldn't have had a better first game. If they can all play friendly together and not allow the likes of Balotelli to make a rift, then I see them as the favorite.
Their problem is on the touchline. Without the bribing scandal to inflate his reputation Mancini would probably be at a mid table club in Italy which IMO is what he's best suited for. Also if Silva is out for any extended period of time they're done. They have all the talent in the world but until they get rid of Mancini I don't see them winning the league.