Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Sports Fan Forums > Sioux General Sports Tribe

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
No Marvin Martin, Yann M'Villa or Gorcuff? I also noticed no Marseille players on your list but that's understandable.
Let martin confirm this year or see what he does at a bigger stage when he'll move (next year), Mvila is debatable (I'm partial to top 4 clubs - or wanabee top 4 clubs - who tries to play several competition in the same year), Gourcuff of 2 years ago yes gourcuff from last year is not even in the top 20.

Marseille's Remy will be in the top 5 if can repeat what he did in his last 6 months. Otherwise they don't have game changers for me even if Mandanda had an almost monster year.

Bastos in the early stages of this season seems to come back to a top level game.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Healer

Lloris is having a 10 billion stars game against rubin kazan to ensure Lyon 12th consecutive CL qualification...

Old 08-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seebs View Post
Lloris is having a 10 billion stars game against rubin kazan to ensure Lyon 12th consecutive CL qualification...
Good. Those Russian sugar daddy teams get on my nerves, and non of them will ever come near the Dinamo Kiev team that should have reached the 1999 CL final, although they would have lost.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:06 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Who's everyone top 5 players in each of the big 3 leagues (Sorry France and Germany)

EPL:
1. David Silva
2. Wayne Rooney
3. Steven Gerrard
4. Luca Modric
5. Alex Song

La Liga
1. can't think of anyone
2. Xavi
3. Cristiano Ronaldo
4. Andres Iniesta
5. Gerrard Pique

Serie A
1. Wesley Sneijder
2. Thiago Silva
3. Marek Hamsik
4. Pato
5. Esteban Cambiasso

I purposely didn't include transfers that are entering their first year in their respective leagues, but in a couple of years I fully expect Arturo Vidal to very high on the Serie A list. Maybe Lamela and Ricky Alvarez too.
I'll just comment on the Serie A:
1. Edison Cavani
2. Ibra
3. KPB
4. G Inler
5. Sneijder

Vidal is going to be a stud though.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
1. Edison Cavani
2. Ibra
3. KPB
4. G Inler
5. Sneijder

Ibrahimovic really? All by himself he's the Dallas Cowboys of the soccer world.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:27 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Its easy to point at all the firepower Milan has and discount him, but his impact is undeniable imo. Looking back at the list, I might put KPB ahead of him.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Chief

Quote:
Its easy to point at all the firepower Milan has and discount him, but his impact is undeniable imo. Looking back at the list, I might put KPB ahead of him.
I saw Milan's firepower in the Copa America. Pato is passable but Robinho is nothing close to top class, and will probably be back in Brazil or possibly Russia in about 2 seasons.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Spirit

Quote:
1. Edison Cavani
2. Ibra
3. KPB
4. G Inler
5. Sneijder

I still hate that we gave up on him when we did. He was still raw for us, but I liked him.

I think the England list is good, but I agree with DJ about Stevie. I haven't seen Song, but heard good things. As long as Tevez is still at City, I would include him over Gerrard.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsKY View Post
I still hate that we gave up on him when we did. He was still raw for us, but I liked him.

I think the England list is good, but I agree with DJ about Stevie. I haven't seen Song, but heard good things. As long as Tevez is still at City, I would include him over Gerrard.
Not really a Tevez fan. His decision making while he was at United would frustrate the hell out of me and I just can't rate him as highly as others do.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Ibrahimovic, if I'm not mistaken, has won the scudetto every single year he has played in Serie A.

So apparently now Aquilani is going to Milan for a bag of chips. Either Galliani is some sortof genius or he systematically throws around tons of money under the table.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Milan's most important player, outside of Ibra, is Thiago Silva. Without a doubt.
Boateng has been great though (it was clear in the last world cup that he was going to be a very good player).

Old 08-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
Ibrahimovic, if I'm not mistaken, has won the scudetto every single year he has played in Serie A.

So apparently now Aquilani is going to Milan for a bag of chips. Either Galliani is some sortof genius or he systematically throws around tons of money under the table.
That's very impressive but misleading at the same time. He was his best at Juve, but they were also a lot better then everyone else, and the league was horrificaly inbalanced when he was at Inter. (Not only did they befefit greatly from the scandal but Roma were going through ownership issues that I probably don't have to tell you about) It's understandable that some players have a small dip in form between their domestic league and the champions league, but if it's at such an extreme there's a reason for that. He's immensely tallented, but it tends to express itself more when he's playing Bari and Cagliari, and can disapear against the stronger teams. Something that you can let go but not for a player as good as he's supposed to be.

Good lord I butchered that post.

Last edited by BigCountry : 08-24-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
He's won the league title the 8 years in a row I believe(Ajax, Ajax, Juve, Juve, inter, Inter, Barca, Milan). Amazing.

Quote:
I'm guessing the latter. I have a feeling that Italian football is going to have another major scandal just on Genoa/Milan's odd relationship.

Quote:
Milan's most important player, outside of Ibra, is Thiago Silva. Without a doubt.
Boateng has been great though (it was clear in the last world cup that he was going to be a very good player).
I agree that Silva is their most vital player, on talent/play I'll take KPB and Ibra over him. If we were doing an MVP list, Silva would be ahead of both of them.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Chief Moderator

Official: Aquillani on 1-year loan to Milan with option to buy. (Have you heard that deal before? lol)

I'm fine with this...and I'll feel even better once we loan out Joe Cole. Between the two of them, they are getting paid about $200,000 a week. So offloading on loans will save the club millions in the long run...

Old 08-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Chief Moderator

They are doing the CL draw right now. Looks like some tough groups with Bayern/City/Villareal/Napoli the strongest right now.

I'll post the final results shortly.
Closed Thread