Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR Archives and Help Desk > Archive Forum

Old 10-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned

Everyone knows we need a young qb, and we needed one las year. I'd rather shanny get a guy he 100% believed in then settle on one. I was really hoping we'd trade up for dalton last year, but we still got Jenkins and that will eventually help. So it's not a zero sum game.

But there is no way we don't take a QB early next year.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
again if this year flames out its another year of seeing it they aren't total morons they'll draft a guy they haven't rewarded Beck with any longterm security.

Shanny will get a qb next offseason. who knows who they will evaluate I want RGIII I think he could be special. they may ot think so a bunch of teams will pass on him are they all gonna be stupid as well.

you seem to have a beef with some skins fans. Not sure I understand your beef here.
I have a beef with fans who think its wrong to question what Shanahan and Allen are doing. They were brought in to make good decisions yet they have spent one significant draft choice on what has been our Achilles heel for years now, the OL. Neglecting the OL to select 4 wide receivers and two RB's in there first two seasons makes no sense to me.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 10-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_awake View Post
Everyone knows we need a young qb, and we needed one las year. I'd rather shanny get a guy he 100% believed in then settle on one. I was really hoping we'd trade up for dalton last year, but we still got Jenkins and that will eventually help. So it's not a zero sum game.

But there is no way we don't take a QB early next year.
Why do you believe he will all of a sudden find a guy he is 100% on? I would actually expect him to go out and sign Alex Smith before I see him drafting a QB.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 10-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribeinca View Post
I do agree that without a solid OL, it is difficult for any QB to succeed. And I am not convince Trent will be a stud. But the team needs to start building on somewhere. It's like if you are going to pick a player to start a team, do you want Aaron Rogers or you want a monster left tackle?
I agree but we already have our franchise LT, Gabbert to go along with him would have been nice.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 10-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar703 View Post
Why do you believe he will all of a sudden find a guy he is 100% on? I would actually expect him to go out and sign Alex Smith before I see him drafting a QB.
Because he wanted certain QBs in the past drafts and this year is suppose to be a strong QB class. I find it highly doubtful he won't draft a QB by year 3, we will see. If he doesn't I'd lose all faith.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Shaman

Quote:
I have a beef with fans who think its wrong to question what Shanahan and Allen are doing. They were brought in to make good decisions yet they have spent one significant draft choice on what has been our Achilles heel for years now, the OL. Neglecting the OL to select 4 wide receivers and two RB's in there first two seasons makes no sense to me.
I question the heck out of them. They dumped rabach put Monty in there, Chester in, Brown,and a bunch of fodder they think they have rebuilt the thing.

To me the qb decisions, the lack of playmakers and his son at OC are all big questions I have.

Plus the hiring of Haslett.

Its all we do as Skins fans now moan about the coaches letting the gutless players off the hook too much.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Shaman

Quote:
I agree but we already have our franchise LT, Gabbert to go along with him would have been nice.
I don't like gabbert glad we stayed away from him.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Spirit

Quote:
I don't like gabbert glad we stayed away from him.
I didn't care much for Gabbert but it was more so due to the fact that he was a cocky douche bag. Talent-wise he was off the charts but I would much rather have had Locker. I'll be honest though, I would feel much more comfortable about this rebuild had we selected Gabbert and Wisnewski with our first two picks.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 10-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Spirit

Quote:
I know this is a bad thing to say but I hope Beck bombs otherwise it gives Shanny just another excuse to overlook the position in the draft. We need a difference maker at QB so badly that passing on the position again we'll just set us back another 2-3 years.
I really don't see any way they can avoid drafting a QB at #1 THIS YEAR. The team was 31st in defense last year. They passed up on Gaffert to get players for the defense. I think the lose of Jenkins [injury] really hurt this defense.

When Kerrigan strips a ball and gets a TD, Shannihan/Allen are geniuses in drafting. When we play Cam Newton the #2 draft pick - who we couldn't draft anyway, and our #1 FA pick is hurt - he and Steve Smith burn Reed Doughty for a couple long ones - the Shannihan & Allen are morons.

The team had a GOOD Draft, dumped lots of old guys, and picked up a couple good FA. They are rebuilding a team of over-paid, over the hill vets and draft picks picked by the Napoleonic owner and his pet bootlicker - numbnut draft picks who didn't even last a year or two. This was not a one or two year rebuilding project. We'll have a new QB draft-pick next year. Let's see if Beck is worth keeping as a #2.

Last edited by colkurtz : 10-23-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Shaman

Quote:
I didn't care much for Gabbert but it was more so due to the fact that he was a cocky douche bag. Talent-wise he was off the charts but I would much rather have had Locker. I'll be honest though, I would feel much more comfortable about this rebuild had we selected Gabbert and Wisnewski with our first two picks.
I could get with Locker I'd buy in for that. gabbert again glad we stayed away.

Wisnewski maybe then again I still think its possible Hankerson can play if they ever let him play.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkurtz View Post
I really don't see any way they can avoid drafting a QB at #1 THIS YEAR. The team was 31st in defense last year. They passed up on Gaffert to get players for the defense. I think the lose of Jenkins [injury] really hurt this defense.

When Kerrigan strips a ball and gets a TD, Shannihan/Allen are geniuses in drafting. When we play Cam Newton the #2 draft pick - who we couldn't draft anyway, and our #1 FA pick is hurt - he and Steve Smith burn Reed Doughty for a couple long ones - the Shannihan & Allen are morons.

The team had a GOOD Draft, dumped lots of old guys, and picked up a couple good FA. They are rebuilding a team of over-paid, over the hill vets and draft picks picked by the Napoleonic owner and his pet bootlicker - who didn't even last a year or two. This was not a one or two year rebuilding project. We'll have a new QB draft-pick next year. Let's see if Beck is worth keeping as a #2.
I disagree. We replaced our over the hill players with guys who do not fit the system. I said it at the time Cofield was not a NT and was of course blasted for it. Well guess what, he cannot hold the point of attack and is not an NT. Steven Bowen is very shaky as a starter and teams now isolate Kerrigan and Orakpo with screen passes. This is not a rebuild and bringing a rookie QB into this situation will solve nothing. We have no OL talent outside of Trent Williams and we have nothing at the wide receiver position. We have no fire power on offense and we simply cannot afford to give up the draft choices to move up and get a good QB if need be.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 10-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Spirit

Quote:

Wisnewski maybe then again I still think its possible Hankerson can play if they ever let him play.
I feel the same way about Hankerson but I see him as more of a complimentary player to a true #1 reciever. If we can secure RGIII in the draft and sign D'wayne Bowe then I will start to believe. We still need to spend multiple draft choices on OL and thats what our 2nd and 3rd round picks should go to.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 10-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Code Talker

Quote:

They did let him play. I don't think the guy is ready. What I don't understand is why Austin isn't out there more. He seems to be open a lot.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunBunch5 View Post
They did let him play. I don't think the guy is ready. What I don't understand is why Austin isn't out there more. He seems to be open a lot.
Hankerson played 1 play thats not letting him play IMO I need to see more before I form an opinion. I have seen gaffney gaffe and the other dudees drop balls and fumble that I have seen.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Spirit

Quote:
I disagree. We replaced our over the hill players with guys who do not fit the system. I said it at the time Cofield was not a NT and was of course blasted for it. Well guess what, he cannot hold the point of attack and is not an NT. Steven Bowen is very shaky as a starter and teams now isolate Kerrigan and Orakpo with screen passes. This is not a rebuild and bringing a rookie QB into this situation will solve nothing. We have no OL talent outside of Trent Williams and we have nothing at the wide receiver position. We have no fire power on offense and we simply cannot afford to give up the draft choices to move up and get a good QB if need be.
We team Shanny/Allen started with was a total backet case. TRaded draft picks to get old guys. Micro-managing owner without a clue. No real stars who weren't WAY past their prime. 2 years of amateur hour coaching - and a HC who keep the vets in - just to spite the owner and his worst GM of all time lackey. Zorn thought it more important to have loyalty to the vets then to develop new talent.

WE lost today but had just 3 penalties. Until the last INT, Beck was having an above average game. I'm convinced the team will draft a qB and try to build around him. This team has to keep changing and improving in the draft. The question is whether we fire EVERYONE in the FO again or try to let them build on what they have.