Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Mike Shanahan's nepotism has caused him to lose this team
Old 10-31-2011, 07:35 AM
Papoose

Default Mike Shanahan's nepotism has caused him to lose this team

The players have quit.The Offensive Players know that Kyle Shanahan's playcalling have been terrible,And now the Defense is starting to breakdown because of too much time spent on the field.The Defensive Players know that Kyle's Offense is the reason why.The frustration is due to the fact that Mike is putting his son's interest before the team.As a Redkin Player,How do you approach the Head Coach and tell him that his son's play calling is hurting the team?You can't.It is a no win situation.Literally and figuratively.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:05 AM
Great Spirit

We need to bring in the offensive coordinators who had so much success with Beck in Miami and Grossman in Chicago. Perhaps also the guy who did well with McNabb in Minnesota this year.

Let's bring those guys in as offensive advisors.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:09 AM
Papoose

I feel the point that you are making.It has gotten so bad around here that fans are saying the Redskin's are cursed for refusinf to change their name and logo.The only curse that the Redskin's have is Dan Snyder as an owner.He kept Vinny Cerrato who refused to put true talent on this team,And he allowed Mike Shanahan to hire his own son as head of the offense.Snyder wanted Mike Shanahans Denver Bronco Offense ,Not Kyle Shanahan's Houston Texan's Offense.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:24 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkiller View Post
I feel the point that you are making.It has gotten so bad around here that fans are saying the Redskin's are cursed for refusinf to change their name and logo.The only curse that the Redskin's have is Dan Snyder as an owner.He kept Vinny Cerrato who refused to put true talent on this team,And he allowed Mike Shanahan to hire his own son as head of the offense.Snyder wanted Mike Shanahans Denver Bronco Offense ,Not Kyle Shanahan's Houston Texan's Offense.
The offense is fine, the QBs aren't. Mike and the FO are to blame for allowing the team to enter a season with two terrible players at the most important position.

When one of your quarterbacks was cut by the QB-starved Dolphins and the other is Rex Grossman it doesn't matter what plays are called.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:35 AM
Hunter

If what you say is true then the players are just as much to blame as the coach. Look at how the ravens players on defense play no matter how bad the offense plays the players don't quit on the other teammates. But to me that is more the problem we don't have teammates we have individuals playing no teammates. Or very few teammates.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:37 AM
Brave

Quote:
+1

Old 10-31-2011, 08:40 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
The offense is fine, the QBs aren't. Mike and the FO are to blame for allowing the team to enter a season with two terrible players at the most important position.

When one of your quarterbacks was cut by the QB-starved Dolphins and the other is Rex Grossman it doesn't matter what plays are called.
The Qb are a massive problem, but so is the playcalling, the RB situation, the WR situation and the Oline situation.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:40 AM
Firebuilder

Quote:
The players have quit.The Offensive Players know that Kyle Shanahan's playcalling have been terrible,And now the Defense is starting to breakdown because of too much time spent on the field.The Defensive Players know that Kyle's Offense is the reason why.The frustration is due to the fact that Mike is putting his son's interest before the team.As a Redkin Player,How do you approach the Head Coach and tell him that his son's play calling is hurting the team?You can't.It is a no win situation.Literally and figuratively.
How can you make comments like this if you're not even in the locker room? No coach can win with this current squad. Shanny's were given a mess to start with. Haynesworth, terrible Oline, terrible Dline. It will take a couple years to rebuild. I'm fine with the way things are going. They didn't like any of the QB's in last years draft, but this year is different.

Sure everyone is pissed off on how this year is going, but people have to understand that theres been a lot of turnover..

Old 10-31-2011, 08:50 AM
Grumpy Old Man

it all starts and ends with the Offensive Line

Nobody could have done much the way the line performed the last couple of weeks

No holes to run through
No time to survey the field before getting clobbered

That said, the receivers werent open..Torain and Helu did nothing themselves and Beck was largely useless

Old 10-31-2011, 08:50 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinKing View Post
How can you make comments like this if you're not even in the locker room? No coach can win with this current squad. Shanny's were given a mess to start with. Haynesworth, terrible Oline, terrible Dline. It will take a couple years to rebuild. I'm fine with the way things are going. They didn't like any of the QB's in last years draft, but this year is different.

Sure everyone is pissed off on how this year is going, but people have to understand that theres been a lot of turnover..
It seems some folks have taken up this line of thinking as a pledge of allegiance to the Shanaclan. Just a phrase to repeat over and over, while hugging one's knees and rocking back and forth, doing everything one can not to open one's eyes. It may be comforting, but the sooner you open your eyes, the better off you'll be.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
The Qb are a massive problem, but so is the playcalling, the RB situation, the WR situation and the Oline situation.
If the QB, RB, WR and O-line situations are all massive problems I'm not sure there is any way to fairly evaluate the play-calling.

I'd like to see Kyle call plays for a competent QB before I'm convinced he's an issue.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:04 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
it all starts and ends with the Offensive Line

Nobody could have done much the way the line performed the last couple of weeks

No holes to run through
No time to survey the field before getting clobbered

That said, the receivers werent open..Torain and Helu did nothing themselves and Beck was largely useless
You are basically right, but I think good QBs force defenses to be more honest. The Bills were able to bring pressure with impunity because they knew Beck was incapable of penalizing their risk-taking.

If the Skins had an above-average QB the offensive line would immediately seem better.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:04 AM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinKing View Post

This team is regressing every game and your happy with the directon of the team? Every game I've been able watch this year, this team gets worse and worse. There is nothing to be happy about, or to look forward too. Shanaclan has been a complete and epic failure, you can only spin it for so long before reality slaps some common sense into you.

self proclaimed #1 Eagles team, fan, organization hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich
Ranking Eagle fans that high is similar to putting possums or weasels at the top of the food chain. It makes no sense, because while they serve a purpose -- being the majority of road-kill, along with the skunk, they also take care of the above water bottom feeding, so to say. They are nasty to confront but cowards at heart and will usually hide or play dead when challenged.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Chief

Quote:
So... everything.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Healer

Quote:
True, but Kyle did have a productive offense in Houston when he had Shaub and Johnson in 2009 (with a poor running game and mediocre Oline). I'm not sure if that makes him a good OC or the talent he had was so good that it covered up his faults. He was definitely pass heavy in Houston.

It's clear the cupboard is bare with offensive talent in DC and combined with the injuries this offense is a train wreck. I'd like to see him with at least NFL level talent to work with. Asking any OC to be productive with this crew is impossible.