Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 11-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Shaman

As CNY said, it doesn't feel like there is progress being made. We are in year 2 and have no qb, our oline is worse and our defense has all kinds of shiny new toys but looks just as lost as last year.

Can anyone even think of a team that a new coach turned around when no progress was shown after 2 years?

Old 11-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
He'll be remembered for running his mouth in his last year in DC if that was the case. Talking about how this was the best team he's ever been on, ripping Romo and ripping the fans...thats what will stick in people's memories about him.
Ah, but in the world of the NFL this is the good "running his mouth." When you rip teammates and publicly criticize coaching staffs you are a malcontent. When you lecture the the hypocritical minority about being too knee-jerk and preach optimism you are a locker room leader.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:19 AM

Dear Chris Cooley:

Please just shut-up and play..oh, that's right, you are on IR. Well then, please just shut-up. I have been a Redskins fan since before you were born. I have paid for that privilege with time and money, while you get to get paid for the privilege of me cheering you on every Sunday. I have seen what it takes for a Washington team to win superbowls....three of them actually, and I can assure you that in spite of your passionate, suck-up to your bosses rant about fans like myself, what we have seen out of the Shanahan regime, or the Zorn regime before that or really since you have been in the league and the 13 years between our last superbowl and your being drafted by this franchise is not remotely close to being championship caliber nor is the ship headed in that direction. Not the coaching, the schemes, the handling of personnel nor the play of the players has been worthy of this great franchise or of its fans. Ranting on the fans who are pissed off wins you no sympathy sir.

So here's an idea. Shut-up. Those of us with decades invested in this don't get to count the money Lil Danny Snyder pays us. Quite the opposite actually. We get to count the dollars that we spend to so that the team can pay under-performing players and coaches, such as your current offensive coordinator, who seems to call plays as if he has Matt Schaub throwing to Andre Johnson. Moreover, while I have no doubts that you care, I don't have any assurances that last statement applies to the vast majority of your teammates. Sure, we want stability as a fan-base, but we don't want stability for the sake of stability. We want a coaching staff that you know, schemes to the strengths of the players on the roster, that doesn't attempt to run schemes that it doesn't have the personnel to run and to hold themselves accountable rather than throwing players under the bus.

We are pissed and we have evrey right to be, so really, please just shut-up. Maybe the problem with this franchise is that we have too many players listening to sportstalk radio and getting their feelings wrapped up in every critique, legitimate or not instead of focusing on the next opponent, executing your gameplan and being the best football players you can be. This fanbase deserves it and we have put up with 20 years of bad to mediocre football. We are pissed. If you don't like it, do something about it (like win some friggin games).

Sincerely,

Pissed off Fan.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:20 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Ah, but in the world of the NFL this is the good "running his mouth." When you rip teammates and publicly criticize coaching staffs you are a malcontent. When you lecture the the hypocritical minority about being too knee-jerk and preach optimism you are a locker room leader.
Ask Robert Henson if ripping the fans made him a leader. Or when Cooley did it previously.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
When you are on a team that was 3-1 and is now 3-4, there is no good running your mouth. STFU and play ball. In Cooley's case, rehab your injury and STFU.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
When you are on a team that was 3-1 and is now 3-4, there is no good running your mouth. STFU and play ball. In Cooley's case, rehab your injury and STFU.
I'm guessing Chris Cooley is contractually obligated to appear on "The Cooley Zone" for the entire season. Shutting TFU isn't exactly an option when you have a radio segment to fill every week.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Ask Robert Henson if ripping the fans made him a leader. Or when Cooley did it previously.
Chris Cooley is a leader for what he's done on the field and in the locker room, not for being critical of fans who talk about cutting him as soon as he's on IR.

How many games did Robert Henson play in the NFL?

Old 11-02-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I'm guessing Chris Cooley is contractually obligated to appear on "The Cooley Zone" for the entire season. Shutting TFU isn't exactly an option when you have a radio segment to fill every week.
He is contractually obligated to rant on the fans? Wow. How do I get a contract like that?

Let me know when Appearing on a Show = Ranting against fans.

It's insupportable from my point of view.

Edit: BTW this is the classic example of you ignoring the substance of a post in an effort to play a game of semantics.

Last edited by Keino : 11-02-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:29 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Chris Cooley is a leader for what he's done on the field and in the locker room, not for being critical of fans who talk about cutting him as soon as he's on IR.
Cooley ripped the fans booing during the Zorn years, and had to back down from his comments. I'm sure he'll claim he's been misquoted again. Ripping the fans doesn't make you a leader anywhere. Pulling a Tebow, ripping your own play and promising that no one will work harder to fix things is becoming a leader.

Quote:
How many games did Robert Henson play in the NFL?
It doesn't matter.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:34 AM
hR Staff Writer

My wife and I ioften get into arguments about her driving, which is horrendous. She is the reason the stereo type about women drivers exists. She can't park, she refuses to wear her glasses when driving, is nervous in traffic, drives like 10 mph under the speed limit, the works. One time after an argument she got mad at me and said " I want you to think I am a better driver" and I calmly told her "Then be a better driver".

I say the same to Cooley and the redskins. Every year fans get blowback from players saying "give us time, we are growing...blah blah blah"Wanna stop the negativity, win something on the field. Most of ous won't care how you do it if you start winning. FA, through the draft, HGH, we just won't care if you actually start winning.

If not prepare to get second guessed

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 11-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
He is contractually obligated to rant on the fans? Wow. How do I get a contract like that?

Let me know when Appearing on a Show = Ranting against fans.

It's insupportable from my point of view.
If you haven't already, I recommend listening to the entire segment. For much of it he talked about how much it killed him to watch the offense look so bad. I think he said he "wanted to puke" having to sit on the couch and watch what was happening.

For about 40 seconds he addressed fans who want to fire Mike and Kyle Shanahan after 23 games and who want to cut him after eight seasons. I didn't take this as a rant against all fans. In fact he sounded as much like an angry Redskins fan as anybody I've ever spoken with.

Last edited by cal_junior : 11-02-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Cooley ripped the fans booing during the Zorn years, and had to back down from his comments. I'm sure he'll claim he's been misquoted again. Ripping the fans doesn't make you a leader anywhere. Pulling a Tebow, ripping your own play and promising that no one will work harder to fix things is becoming a leader.

It doesn't matter.
Ripping the fans does not make you a leader, we completely agree on that. Cooley talks about how the offense isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing and needs to get better - that to me is being a leader.

Chris Cooley has earned a right to express an opinion that as a fan I wouldn't accept from Hankerson. That's why tenure matters.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:40 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
If you haven't already, I recommend listening to the entire segment. For all of it he talked about how much it killed him to watch the offense look so bad. I think he said he "wanted to puke" having to sit on the couch and watch what was happening.

For about 40 seconds he addressed fans who want to fire Mike and Kyle Shanahan after 23 games and who want to cut him after eight seasons. I didn't take this as a rant against all fans. In fact he sounded as much like an angry Redskins fan as anybody I've ever spoken with.
There's MUCH better ways to say that in a way that won't be seen as ripping critics/fans if that was his point.

Quote:
Ripping the fans does not make you a leader, we completely agree on that. Cooley talks about how the offense isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing and needs to get better - that to me is being a leader.

Chris Cooley has earned a right to express an opinion that as a fan I wouldn't accept from Hankerson. That's why tenure matters.
Tenure doesn't matter to be honest. If the skins got Andrew Luck and he ripped the playcalling, I would take him at his word because of his ability. And see above for my comment on your "interpretation" of Cooley's comment.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Tenure doesn't matter to be honest. If the skins got Andrew Luck and he ripped the playcalling, I would take him at his word because of his ability. And see above for my comment on your "interpretation" of Cooley's comment.
Every fan is different, I suppose. Because tenure sure matters to me.

No player will ever be able to feel my pain since in almost every case they only start being invested in the team when they are hired. But over eight years a guy like Cooley has had to put up with some of the same frustration I have with respect to the team losing games. He's earned the right to be angry and express his opinion.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:50 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Every fan is different, I suppose. Because tenure sure matters to me.

No player will ever be able to feel my pain since in almost every case they only start being invested in the team when they are hired. But over eight years a guy like Cooley has had to put up with some of the same frustration I have with respect to the team losing games. He's earned the right to be angry and express his opinion.
There's much better ways of saying what he said without ruffling any feathers. And he has a track record of being whiny when the fans express their outrage.