Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

View Poll Results: Do you approve of the Shanahan regime in Washington?
Strongly Approve 3 6.52%
Mildly Approve 1 2.17%
Mildly Disapprove 20 43.48%
Strongly Disapprove 22 47.83%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Shanahan Approval Poll Post Regular Season Game 10
Old 11-21-2011, 10:07 AM
hR Staff Writer

Default Shanahan Approval Poll Post Regular Season Game 10

here it is, your weekly dose where we stand. Here is the progress this year

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 11-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Great Spirit

Mildly disapprove. Nice effort, but we just have too many injuries to be a competent football team at this point.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:23 AM
hR Staff Writer

Every time I think the Shanaclan won't find a way to disappoint me more, they do. Gotta hand it to them, they are a clever bunch.

Losing to Dallas is unacceptable, period. I don't care if we score 24. This is alot like lasst year's Dallas game where we came close to tieing it only to choke in the final minute and Shanny did a victory lap. Grossman looked good for awhile but made drive killing INTs late to end the game. This time it was a boneheaded slide 3 yards behing the lOS taking the ball to the wide harsh mark making a harder kick for Gano to make in OT.

And while Gaffney and Stallworth played well, they just should not be playing at all. Every pass from Grossman to them is worthless for next year, and that is all we got now, next year.

For the last 6-7 years I have been doing a playoff possibility thread after Thanksgiving weekend games, for the first time in memory I don't think the possibility will even be open enough for me to do it. And remember I did it in Gibbs 3rd year and both of Zorn's year.

And again, worth noting, after 26 games with the Redskins

Norv turner 6-20
Steve Spurrier 11-15
Joe gibbs II 11-15
Jim Zorn 11-15
Mike Shanahan 9-17

Still beating out Norv (though if Shanny loses out he will tie Norv's first two years exactly!)

Old 11-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Warrior

I'm unhappy with the QB situation. Rex/Beck is the biggest confidence buster.

It's hard to stomach a 6 game skid. There isn't enough in the way of a rebuilding effort to give me hope for this offense going into next season.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:28 AM
hR Staff Writer

Also saw a tweet last night that the franchise record is at .500 for the first time since 1937. Dan Snyder with Shanny, zorn, spurrier, and Norv's help (and even Gibbs II who ended up in the losing column) have managed to erase 64 years of progress in 10 years of ownership

Old 11-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
Also saw a tweet last night that the franchise record is at .500 for the first time since 1937. Dan Snyder with Shanny, zorn, spurrier, and Norv's help (and even Gibbs II who ended up in the losing column) have managed to erase 64 years of progress in 10 years of ownership
The franchise has won half of the games its played. But we're still above .500.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Chief

I disapprove even more strongly than before, on account of the false hope.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:41 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
The franchise has won half of the games its played. But we're still above .500.
I guess that is because of the ties, according to this our franchise record is 550-523-27 factoring in the Dallas loss.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Firebuilder

I think we need to add a new category to the poll below Strongly Disapprove. Maybe... Fire the Loser!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:43 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins-R-Us View Post
I think we need to add a new category to the poll below Strongly Disapprove. Maybe... Fire the Loser!
that is aanother poll. I am sure at the end of the season we will do a solution poll..I prefer execution or at the least Ghaddaffi style mass beating

Old 11-21-2011, 10:45 AM
hR Staff Writer

more fun with math...if we end up with a losing record it will be the first time since 03-04 for back to back losing records. and that was actually a 3 year run on losing records.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Shaman

Shanhan has had 2 offseason with nearly full drafts and no real cap limits. We might not expect our team to be ready for a superbowl run after two years, but I do expect the redskins to be playing significantly better and have a much stronger roster than Zorn's last year. Yet I don't see it.

All in all, we are a bit better, but only a bit. We still have massive holes and a lot of the same problems. We will go into next offseason with the same major holes to fill: Oline, DBs, and QB. We actually downgraded our QB position twice in two years. The sad thing is that overall, we have some better talent, but we aren't putting a better product on the field on game day.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Chief

I thought there were some nice play calls yesterday. I know we all like to rip on Kyle, but the offense was moving the ball - which is particularly impressive given the depleted O-line.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspring View Post
Shanhan has had 2 offseason with nearly full drafts and no real cap limits. We might not expect our team to be ready for a superbowl run after two years, but I do expect the redskins to be playing significantly better and have a much stronger roster than Zorn's last year. Yet I don't see it.

All in all, we are a bit better, but only a bit. We still have massive holes and a lot of the same problems. We will go into next offseason with the same major holes to fill: Oline, DBs, and QB. We actually downgraded our QB position twice in two years. The sad thing is that overall, we have some better talent, but we aren't putting a better product on the field on game day.
IMO the injuries are painting a bleaker picture that what actually exists. Obviously every team is going to have players go down, but the Skins have been absolutely decimated on offense, along with losing key defensive guys at important times. (Did you happen to notice where London Fletcher was when Witten caught that long TD?)

The roster isn't there yet, but it's not as far away as it looks right now. If we can find a QB (I know, a huge 'if') I think we're ready to compete for the division next year.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:35 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
IMO the injuries are painting a bleaker picture that what actually exists. Obviously every team is going to have players go down, but the Skins have been absolutely decimated on offense, along with losing key defensive guys at important times. (Did you happen to notice where London Fletcher was when Witten caught that long TD?)

The roster isn't there yet, but it's not as far away as it looks right now. If we can find a QB (I know, a huge 'if') I think we're ready to compete for the division next year.
btw noticed you said how you voted but didn't vote. Not sure why that is, its your right to vote or not, just wondering....

Anyways, injuries are becoming a factor at both S and OL, but those are two places where despite injury history of our starters we did nothing to improve the depth there. for example over the last two drafts we picked 4 wrs for a position that in normal sets only plays two at a time, where we picked 4 ol for a position that plays 5 at a time. And 3 of those 4 picks were in the 7th round.

Maybe ...just maybe...if we picked a few more higher round OL we would not need to have traded for Jamal Brown, or signed washed up vets like Chester or Locklear or relied on guys like Stephon Heyer or Mike Williams.