Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Closed Thread

Draft Position Thread Week 12
Old 11-22-2011, 10:50 AM
hR Staff Writer

Default Draft Position Thread Week 12

Here we are again for this year's version of mind numbing permutations. This is the dark side though. The evil side. The Suck for Luck side. As always let me give this caveat, I root for the skins to win every week, period. But in case they don't or even if they do, I take some solace if they get a good draft position because of it.

Remember http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/strengthOfSchedule/order/true"]SOS provided by this website[/url]

1. Indianapolis 0-10 SOS .530
2. Minnesota 2-8 SOS .570
3. Carolina 2-8 SOS .530
4. St. Louis 2-8 SOS .540
5. Arizona 3-7 SOS .460
6. Washington 3-7 SOS .460
7. Miami 3-7 SOS .500
8. Jacksonville 3-7 SOS .500
9. Kansas City 4-6 SOS .430
10. Cleveland 4-6 SOS .450
11. San Diego 4-6 SOS .530
12. Philadelphia 4-6 SOS .530
13. Seattle 4-6 SOS .560
14. Tampa 4-6 SOS .620

The good news her is Washington increased its draft position to 6 from 7. Further good news is only one team picking above them (Indy) is in need for a top flight qb. The bad news is all the teams above us could trade down to desperate teams who need a qb and we could be out of the top 5 qb sweepstake.

So with that in mind here are this weeks games. Alot of teams in the bottom 14 are playing each other, which will make, of course, the permutations that much more interesting.

Miami @ Dallas I hate Dallas and always want to see them lose, and our SOS is going to get higher as the season goes along so we need less seperation at the bottom. soooo Go Dolphins!

Cleveland @ Cincinatti Cleveland could tie us if we win one and their SOS is already smaller then ours so Go Browns!

Tampa BAy @ Tennesee Tampa is probably set with their qb and have a high SOS, still lets not take any chances. Go Bucs!

Arizona @ St. Louis Decisions, decisions, this is kind of a coin flip in terms of SOS but St. Louis has the worst record so. Go Rams!

Houston @ Jacksonville Again I doubt Jax goes with another qb, but I don't want them getting ahead of us and trading down. Go Jags!!

Carolina @ Indianapolis Another interesting decision here. I am fine with this game going either way. For now I want to not concede the top spot to Indy, though I doubt they will go 3-3. I do have faith though that Carolina will win more game but they may not pick a qb, yet they could trade out. So, for now, Go Colts! (by the way if I am Luck, I watch this game on Sunday, becauseif Indy loses, he should start looking for houses there)

New England @ Philadelphia No one likes Philly winning, but a win gets them out of our way and makes things harder on the Giants and Dallas as well. So go Eagles!

Pittsburgh @ Kansas City just for the heck of it, lets get some seperation here. Go Chiefs!

Denver @ San Diego Jesus should prevent Norv turner from getting a good draft pick by sacrificing his god given son, tim Tebow. Go Chargers!

Minnesota @ Atlanta We may be able to help ourselves at the end of the season here, but why wait. Go Vikings!

We have the potential of dropping to 2-6 place if we lose or anywhere from 5-10 if we win.

By the way the only three wins I can see Indy getting is this week against Carolina, against tennesee, and against Jacksonville in the final game. And they will need to get lucky...or un-Luck-y...to beat both Tennesee and Carolina.

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Last edited by CNYSkinFan : 11-22-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
Here we are again for this year's version of mind numbing permutations. This is the dark side though. The evil side. The Suck for Luck side. As always let me give this caveat, I root for the skins to win every week, period. But in case they don't or even if they do, I take some solace if they get a good draft position because of it.

Remember http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/strengthOfSchedule/order/true"]SOS provided by this website[/url]

3. Carolina 2-8 SOS .530
5. Arizona 3-7 SOS .460
7. Miami 3-7 SOS .500
13. Seattle 4-6 SOS .560
14. Tampa 4-6 SOS .620

The good news her is Washington increased its draft position to 6 from 7. Further good news is only one team picking above them (Indy) is in need for a top flight qb. The bad news is all the teams above us could trade down to desperate teams who need a qb and we could be out of the top 5 qb sweepstake.

So with that in mind here are this weeks games. Alot of teams in the bottom 14 are playing each other, which will make, of course, the permutations that much more interesting.

Miami @ Dallas I hate Dallas and always want to see them lose, and our SOS is going to get higher as the season goes along so we need less seperation at the bottom. soooo Go Dolphins!

Cleveland @ Cincinatti Cleveland could tie us if we win one and their SOS is already smaller then ours so Go Browns!

Tampa BAy @ Tennesee Tampa is probably set with their qb and have a high SOS, still lets not take any chances. Go Titans!

Arizona @ St. Louis Decisions, decisions, this is kind of a coin flip in terms of SOS but St. Louis has the worst record so. Go Rams!

Houston @ Jacksonville Again I doubt Jax goes with another qb, but I don't want them getting ahead of us and trading down. Go Jags!!

Carolina @ Indianapolis Another interesting decision here. I am fine with this game going either way. For now I want to not concede the top spot to Indy, though I doubt they will go 3-3. I do have faith though that Carolina will win more game but they may not pick a qb, yet they could trade out. So, for now, Go Colts! (by the way if I am Luck, I watch this game on Sunday, becauseif Indy loses, he should start looking for houses there)

New England @ Philadelphia No one likes Philly winning, but a win gets them out of our way and makes things harder on the Giants and Dallas as well. So go Eagles!

Pittsburgh @ Kansas City just for the heck of it, lets get some seperation here. Go Chiefs!

Denver @ San Diego Jesus should prevent Norv turner from getting a good draft pick by sacrificing his god given son, tim Tebow. Go Chargers!

Minnesota @ Atlanta We may be able to help ourselves at the end of the season here, but why wait. Go Vikings!

We have the potential of dropping to 2-6 place if we lose or anywhere from 5-10 if we win.

By the way the only three wins I can see Indy getting is this week against Carolina, against tennesee, and against Jacksonville in the final game. And they will need to get lucky...or un-Luck-y...to beat both Tennesee and Carolina.

Minny, Jax, and St Lou are our real competition for the #2 pick.. fortunately, all 3 have young qb's, so as you say, the risk is a trade.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:50 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
Minny, Jax, and St Lou are our real competition for the #2 pick.. fortunately, all 3 have young qb's, so as you say, the risk is a trade.
don't rule out AZ, they really suck right now

Old 11-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Chief

I think I'd be ok with this being the final draft order. If that's the case we need to hope that as many prospects as possible who are not QB's sky rocket their draft status. The Vikings won't pass on a franchise left tackle if there's one there and the Cardinals won't either, but the Rams and Panthers could trade down unless a defensive line prospect blows up all of a sudden. Right now I feel better about two left tackles going in the top 5 then I do one defensive lineman but hopefully that changes. Justin Blackmon and Trent Richardson respectively could also prevent both those teams from trading down.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
I think I'd be ok with this being the final draft order. If that's the case we need to hope that as many prospects as possible who are not QB's sky rocket their draft status. The Vikings won't pass on a franchise left tackle if there's one there and the Cardinals won't either, but the Rams and Panthers could trade down unless a defensive line prospect blows up all of a sudden. Right now I feel better about two left tackles going in the top 5 then I do one defensive lineman but hopefully that changes. Justin Blackmon and Trent Richardson respectively could also prevent both those teams from trading down.
And we always have to ability to flip-flop with somebody just a few spots ahead of us. We wouldn't need to give up as much (maybe a fourth rounder if it's just a spot or two) and that team could guarantee it won't miss out on the elite player it wants.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
And we always have to ability to flip-flop with somebody just a few spots ahead of us. We wouldn't need to give up as much (maybe a fourth rounder if it's just a spot or two) and that team could guarantee it won't miss out on the elite player it wants.
Hopefully you're right but I just hope it doesn't get into a bidding war and then all bets are off. I think when Detroit traded with Cleveland to take Roy Williams a few years ago they had to throw out the value chart because other teams were vying for the pick. That's a situation I'd like to avoid.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Hopefully you're right but I just hope it doesn't get into a bidding war and then all bets are off. I think when Detroit traded with Cleveland to take Roy Williams a few years ago they had to throw out the value chart because other teams were vying for the pick. That's a situation I'd like to avoid.
It's obviously going to depend whether there is one guy who clearly stands out to everybody as the clear No. 2 QB. If we get to the combine/individual workout part of the process and somebody starts blowing everybody away it may cost us more.

But I honestly don't care abut cost. The most important thing is we figure out who we want and make sure to get him. It's worth giving up a later pick to get a guy we think can be a ten-year starter.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:06 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
I am deathly scared of minor trade downs...take the current order. If I am MN, I may trade down with Miami believing a top LT spot will be at 7 if there is a run on qbs early. Same with AZ and cleveland at 10, Same with Carolina & St. louis and any of those two spots.

of course the other danger is Shanaclan decides to give up the farm to move up as well

Old 11-22-2011, 02:07 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
It's obviously going to depend whether there is one guy who clearly stands out to everybody as the clear No. 2 QB. If we get to the combine/individual workout part of the process and somebody starts blowing everybody away it may cost us more.

But I honestly don't care abut cost. The most important thing is we figure out who we want and make sure to get him. It's worth giving up a later pick to get a guy we think can be a ten-year starter.
i agree with this, but if it comes down to a bidding war we don't have the aavail ammunition to keep up without giving up a player like Rak or Kerrigan IMO

Old 11-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
i agree with this, but if it comes down to a bidding war we don't have the aavail ammunition to keep up without giving up a player like Rak or Kerrigan IMO
True. I'm hoping, though, that if a team like Carolina or St. Louis is ahead of us and has its heart set on somebody like Kalil or Blackmon they won't be that interested in dropping much behind us because they'll lose that player.

If the just move down to 4-6 where we are they can add a second rounder and still have the player they wanted at No. 2 or No. 3.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Warrior

Quote:

3. Carolina 2-8 SOS .530
5. Arizona 3-7 SOS .460
7. Miami 3-7 SOS .500
13. Seattle 4-6 SOS .560
14. Tampa 4-6 SOS .620

Tampa BAy @ Tennesee Tampa is probably set with their qb and have a high SOS, still lets not take any chances. Go Titans!

This link has the redskins at the number 5 pick and they seem to be correct.

Link http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

Old 11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Shaman

Still in position to grab RGIII.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
that doesnt happen at the very top of the draft.. i think the Giants gave up a lot more than a 4th rounder to swap with the Chargers for the rights to Eli
(they went from 4th overall to first, essentially).. that might be the template for moving up to get Luck.. plus, Eli had a hand in it as well, saying he wouldnt go to San Diego

Old 11-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
Still in position to grab RGIII.
If we stay at 5 we can probably get any quarterback we want not named Luck, though we might have to move up a spot or two if the league falls in love with somebody.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
If we stay at 5 we can probably get any quarterback we want not named Luck, though we might have to move up a spot or two if the league falls in love with somebody.
i think the real crunch will come with Barkley.. if he elevates his game and has a superior combine he is going to push others out of the way