Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 01-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Ghost Dancer

Just for the record, I think he's a much better QB than Cassell or Kolb ever were. I never considered either of them to be worth much and compared Kolb to Patrick Ramsey on multiple occasions.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar703 View Post
You didn't answer the question though. If we end up a pick above the Browns which is very possible with the way they are playing today than what team is going to take Blackmon before us?

And with Jermichael Finley sure to be a big hit on the free agent market there is no way the Packers risk losing him for a back-up QB. They're not going to franchise Flynn, he will walk and they will get a compensation pick for him.
The Rams or Vikings could both be interested in getting Blackmon. TB will likely also trade down if they can't get Claiborne to a team that might be interested in Blackmon. The way Julio Jones has been playing the past few games (and today) would also lend support in getting an elite WR prospect early.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Banned

Hoping for the Browns to sign Flynn to clear the way for RGIII. Browns are the only team we can't outbid to move up (because of their extra first rounder this year).

Old 01-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_awake View Post
Hoping for the Browns to sign Flynn to clear the way for RGIII. Browns are the only team we can't outbid to move up (because of their extra first rounder this year).
Sort of like this idea too.

Kurtis Drummond for 2015

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 01-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins3 View Post
WOW tha same thread suggests Signing a #1 QB through FA and drafting one in the same year. As well as a team using the franchise tag on a backup QB. WOW WoW wow.

I think the Colts should just cut manning so redskins 1 can fly to indinapolis.

Flynn/Blackmon is ideal.

I still would like Griffen
Like when the Pats tagged Cassell and then turned into a high draft pick? Wow wow wow, do some research please.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Spirit

Flynn may well be an option but he's got a great supporting cast. He'll could come here for the $$$ and with Shanahan telling him he'll draft a WR and OL to support him.

I still think that the Shanahans will trade up to get a franchise QB that they can mold, but wouldn't be surprised if they make a play for Flynn.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
I'm 1000000% in agreement that the skins need a QB to build around and I've been on the Flynn bandwagon since last year: I would just rather someone else overpay him. If I could sign him for 3 years, 18 million with option years after that, Id do it tomorrow. But some QB starved team(like Seattle, Miami maybe, Jets, etc) will probably offer much more.
I agree that I have been on the Flynn bandwagon for over a year, but I would be willing to pay. Draft a guy in the second round to groom but I am willing to roll with Flynn. I absolutely despise selling the farm to move up in the draft though... That would be the worst case scenario in my mind. The first three rounds of our draft should be off limits.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfanjon View Post
Just for the record, I think he's a much better QB than Cassell or Kolb ever were. I never considered either of them to be worth much and compared Kolb to Patrick Ramsey on multiple occasions.
Kolb is terrible and I am floored a what the Eagles got for him. The guy gets gun shy in the pocket after a hit. He is a career journey man backup in my mind.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Chief

I'm on board with Flynn being signed, as long as we still draft a QB in the later rounds. I wouldn't mind getting someone like Kellen Moore late in the draft, to sit and learn the NFL. If he gets into the NFL conditioning program, to bulk his frame up, he could be a great steal.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:37 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolla Bill View Post
I'm on board with Flynn being signed, as long as we still draft a QB in the later rounds. I wouldn't mind getting someone like Kellen Moore late in the draft, to sit and learn the NFL. If he gets into the NFL conditioning program, to bulk his frame up, he could be a great steal.
I love the principle in this post. Not sure on Moore, but admit all I have seen is Youtube clips.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkurtz View Post
Flynn may well be an option but he's got a great supporting cast. He'll could come here for the $$$ and with Shanahan telling him he'll draft a WR and OL to support him.

I still think that the Shanahans will trade up to get a franchise QB that they can mold, but wouldn't be surprised if they make a play for Flynn.
+1 about the better supporting cast.
Anyone know how the Green Bay WCO compares to Shanny's version?

Old 01-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Sentinel

Calm down people you guys sound like the front office of the Buffalo Bills. Week 17 is 1 step up from preseason in recognizing talent. Did the other team even game plan for him. Did they really break down the Flynn game footage before the game? No thanks, I'll pass and don't know if after Kolb and Cassell if Packers will find another sucker like the Eagles and Pats did and that was after far more games with both. If the Redskins come in and offer him allot of money they will be bidding against themselves. Offer him a 2 year 8 million dollar contract with possible incentives and still sign RG III and have an open competition.

Last edited by Battle Cat : 01-01-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Ghost Dancer

I didn't watch the Packers game but just saw the highlights. Flynn threw some nice passes. However, we have a very limited sample set. Today's game saw a 14-1 team with a loaded offense beat an opponent who was in the playoffs, win or lose. His performance was still impressive, but not convincing to me for that reason. If we can get him in free agency for a reasonable price, I'd be fine with it.

I'd be interested to know if those who watched the Packers game have any thoughts about Flynn's toughness. I'd want to have confidence that he can survive a 16-game season if we sign him.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinskins View Post
I didn't watch the Packers game but just saw the highlights. Flynn threw some nice passes. However, we have a very limited sample set. Today's game saw a 14-1 team with a loaded offense beat an opponent who was in the playoffs, win or lose. His performance was still impressive, but not convincing to me for that reason. If we can get him in free agency for a reasonable price, I'd be fine with it.

I'd be interested to know if those who watched the Packers game have any thoughts about Flynn's toughness. I'd want to have confidence that he can survive a 16-game season if we sign him.
I can't comment on his toughness but I can say living in the Detroit are the Lions gave there all in this game so don't assume because they were in the playoffs they didn't try to win.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Code Talker

A couple obvious points:

1. We will not get Griffin w/out trading up. Assuming Luck doesn't fall to us around #7, neither of elite QBs available. All QBs available to us at #7 or so would be massive reaches. Consensus is that 4-6 elite players this draft. We are just outside window of getting one. Beating Giants, brilliant.
2. Shanny said wouldn't trade up, probably. Of course, when was the last time Shanallen told truth about draft?
3. We need 2 QBs. Screw Grossman. One could make argument that signing Flynn AND drafting one of the top 2nd-tier QBs with 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick a smart decision. We kept 9 WRs at position of weakness, one could argue that 3 QBs at other position of weakness smart. Grossman, 2 others.
4. Flynn is still a massive risk salary cap wise. Good teams only give big deals to players that have flourished in their system. Flynn hasn't done that. A drafted QB can be cut easily w/out killing cap. Flynn can't.
5. It would not surprise me to see Skins trade down repeatedly again, and draft a 2nd-tier QB late in 1st round early second.
6. There is age w/Flynn. 26 is still 4-5 years older than a rookie. Rather get a 15 year starter kind of guy.
7. Long term, building through draft way to go. Deep draft ILB. Could see us trading down repeatedly, getting RT, CB, QB, ILB, WR with 4 -5 picks in 1st 3 rounds. I would still MUCH rather DRAFT 2 QBs and find a 15 year starter. I would love to see us amass 10-12 picks again, draft: 3 QBs, 2 WR, RT, C, ILB, DB, DL, S, etc. My insane dream scenario is 3 QBs drafted and let 'em duke it out. But I'd settle for 2 QBs.