Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 01-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Spirit

i think the browns will get him because shurmur has ties to him. i think if we dont trade for bradford then we will sign moore or skelton to play a few weeks until our rookie is ready

Old 01-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Cat View Post
Calm down people you guys sound like the front office of the Buffalo Bills. Week 17 is 1 step up from preseason in recognizing talent. Did the other team even game plan for him. Did they really break down the Flynn game footage before the game?
Didnt watch did you? Also seemingly not aware of the playoff implications... Flynn doesn't bring anything to the film study that Rodgers hasn't already put on tape 16 times this season. That is a compliment to Flynn and to the GB offense which is deep as a scottish lock, and no doubt talented enough for most of their second stringers to be first stringers on less stacked teams.

I'm not saying its impossible for Flynn to fail on another team, that risk is there no matter who you draft or trade for or sign... I am saying that chalking his play up to a meaningless game or the Lions not caring just means you weren't paying attention.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:37 PM
2008 hR Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan36 View Post
i think the browns will get him because shurmur has ties to him. i think if we dont trade for bradford then we will sign moore or skelton to play a few weeks until our rookie is ready
I would shocked if Skelton is not resigned by the Cardinals.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
A couple obvious points:
I would love to see us amass 10-12 picks again, draft: 3 QBs, 2 WR, RT, C, ILB, DB, DL, S, etc. My insane dream scenario is 3 QBs drafted and let 'em duke it out. But I'd settle for 2 QBs.
Let three rookie QBs duke it out? Even with preseason, there won't be enough games to have a solid understanding of who the best QB is. I feel like this will be a repeat of this year's season, switching off back and forth to different QBs and ruining the season once again.

Last edited by TommyLeeTKD : 01-01-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan36 View Post
If I'm a Browns fan I'm praying my team takes RGIII. But somebody here pointed out a few weeks ago that Holmgren has never drafted a QB early. That, combined with McCoy only have two seasons under his belt could mean they go after somebody like Michael Floyd. It's possible, at least.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Medicine Man

I'm not opposed to Flynn, but as others have pointed out his price tag will likely be high.

Problem #1 for me is the franchise tag. If I were running the Packers I slap it on Flynn and just wait for the market to dictate his value, and it will.

Problem #2, due diligence, Flynn can look better than exhibit bust #1 & #2 but that doesn't mean he should be awarded franchise money. Not enough tape on him to justify franchise money yet IMO. Forget incentives because someone will throw guarantees to net him if it doesn't come down to draft picks as well.

I think your looking at a either a large contract, or picks and a relatively modest one. Shanny better do his homework because if he goes with Flynn and flops, he is out.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Cat View Post
Calm down people you guys sound like the front office of the Buffalo Bills. Week 17 is 1 step up from preseason in recognizing talent. Did the other team even game plan for him. Did they really break down the Flynn game footage before the game? No thanks, I'll pass and don't know if after Kolb and Cassell if Packers will find another sucker like the Eagles and Pats did and that was after far more games with both. If the Redskins come in and offer him allot of money they will be bidding against themselves. Offer him a 2 year 8 million dollar contract with possible incentives and still sign RG III and have an open competition.
That's absolutely 100% false. Do you really think the Lions were indiferrent about whether they play the Saints or the Giants/Cowboys?

Old 01-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
That's absolutely 100% false. Do you really think the Lions were indiferrent about whether they play the Saints or the Giants/Cowboys?
Exactly. The fact Stafford was in the game until the bitter end tells you the Lions were trying their butts off to win that game.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinskins View Post
I didn't watch the Packers game but just saw the highlights. Flynn threw some nice passes. However, we have a very limited sample set. Today's game saw a 14-1 team with a loaded offense beat an opponent who was in the playoffs, win or lose. His performance was still impressive, but not convincing to me for that reason. If we can get him in free agency for a reasonable price, I'd be fine with it.

I'd be interested to know if those who watched the Packers game have any thoughts about Flynn's toughness. I'd want to have confidence that he can survive a 16-game season if we sign him.
He played well last year (but lost) against the Pats. Granted their secondary suck, but that is the first game where I started thinking "Hmmm..."

Old 01-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanouel8 View Post
Shanny better do his homework because if he goes with Flynn and flops, he is out.
Don't think Shanny will do it. But agreed if Flynn does not produce rigt away in D.C., Shanny is gone. A rookie QB will be safer for Shanny's career.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribeinca View Post
Don't think Shanny will do it. But agreed if Flynn does not produce rigt away in D.C., Shanny is gone. A rookie QB will be safer for Shanny's career.
If there's one thing we should all be able to agree on it's that Shanny is NOT making QB decisions based on what he thinks will buy him the most time!

Old 01-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 goes 50 gut View Post
If there's one thing we should all be able to agree on it's that Shanny is NOT making QB decisions based on what he thinks will buy him the most time!
He hasn't so far but he might have to start this year.... I'll bet Dan is getting mighty antsy.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinreds View Post
I say take Blackmon with our 1st pick. Normally I would cringe at taking a receiver so high but we have NO playmakers and this would make Flynn more comfortable if he were to come here.

NOW, if we don't get Flynn, there's no way in HELL I say get Blackmon.
There is one rule based on the last 10 years..don't ever ever waste a high first round draft pick on a wide receiver. Out of all the skill positions, wr is the easiest to find amazing talent for in rounds 2-4 and also the biggest gamble position. Just look at the last 5 or 6 the Skins have drafted...barely good enough to make special teams. Its so hard to know if a wr's college talent will translate in the NFL.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Comanchero

Flynn has a fantastic oline and skill positions. Did you see what Grossman went through today. I would expect a major drop off in DC

Old 01-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Great Spirit

For comparison, here are some recent high-profile FA quarterback contracts:

Schaub ('07) - 6 years, $48 million
Orton ('10) - 2/$12
Hasselbeck ('11) - 3/$20
Kolb ('11) - 5/$63