Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 01-02-2012, 05:18 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
sorry, that wont fly again this year.. did you see how many seats were empty at the Vikings game ? I am sure that didnt go unnoticed by Snyder
If that was the case, then Snyder would be pushing for wholesales changes: Grossman, Beck, Haslett, Kyle and maybe Mike.

Quote:
i am certain that in your role as resident provocateur hereabouts you could generate a column a week flaming Shanahan for this kind of gross incompetence.. and you would be right.. but this is a multi million dollar business that is as much about hype and showmanship as anything else.
I'm just the weatherman telling you which way the wind is blowing. Writing a positive column is more fun then a negative one also, trust me lol.

Quote:
Shanahan has just about said he is drafting a Qb.. why else would he admit to looking at college qb's tape for the past several months ? and then, he says the equivalent of " nevermind, i cant find anyone i like "... you dont REALLY think he could do that without going out and trading for Flynn, do you ??
*shrug* They made loud noises last year about taking a QB. Even having Snyder and/or Allen going to big college games. I don't believe for a second that Shanny will "have" to take a QB high.

Quote:
Snyder simply wont stand for that.. the fan base wont stand for that... the press wont stand for that.. Shanahan can be completely stubborn, but he isnt that stupid
I think you underestimate how stupid Shanahan has shown that he can be during his tenure in DC lol

Quote:
Relax and watch the off season unwind.. we will have a new QB for the roster next year..either at the top of the draft, or Flynn..
Yes, but not a top draft pick. Shanny won't survive next season if he busts out on that pick. Vince Young(or another vet)+Rex could buy him another year even if they do suck by pushing his son off the poop deck.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:20 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Absolutely, though you may not get much out of it because I'll probably blow my brains out. Rex has never made that kind of money his entire career. If we give it to him after what he just did in 2011 that will probably be the end of me.
They gave McNabb how much even when they were thinking of benching him?

Quote:
Rex, Young, Beck, Crompton, and no one else ???

you are wrong.. you can have my avatar as well, because, unlike you, i wont be here any more if that is what they do.. i get no pleasure in calling out their folly, and i am too old to put up with that kind of nonsense
I think that Beck and Crompton aren't part of any plans for Shanny. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt that Shanny is suddenly going to make good decisions: especially at the QB spot.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post

I think that Beck and Crompton aren't part of any plans for Shanny. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt that Shanny is suddenly going to make good decisions: especially at the QB spot.
making good decisions is obviously relative.. but continuing on next year with a qb stable of Rex, Young/Quinn, and no one else to groom realistically is simply insane

again, you cant sell season ticket renewals to that kind of circus..wont happen.....cant happen...

Old 01-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Shaman

I thought Rak became a much better football player this season he was actually pretty solid against the run and decent in coverage. He became a real lb this past season I saw real progress. he chased down alot of plays he;ld he edge more in the run game.

I say pay the man, we know what he is no use starting over with a guy who we're not sure is gonna give us much upside. I think Rak could become a 12-15 sack guy in the near future.

I think they feel we are set so I would expect him to be here.

AKH whats your feel on what they will do with Fletcher to me this is a very serious development because he is the leader of this team. Not having him around to hold the defense somewhat together could be a real issue that takes the defense from being improved to sliding all the way back.

He's gonna show up one year and be done it could happen this offseaon or next but you know its coming how much is that worth to us and what does he feel like his real value is economically.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
I thought Rak became a much better football player this season he was actually pretty solid against the run and decent in coverage. He became a real lb this past season I saw real progress. he chased down alot of plays he;ld he edge more in the run game.

I say pay the man, we know what he is no use starting over with a guy who we're not sure is gonna give us much upside. I think Rak could become a 12-15 sack guy in the near future.

I think they feel we are set so I would expect him to be here.

AKH whats your feel on what they will do with Fletcher to me this is a very serious development because he is the leader of this team. Not having him around to hold the defense somewhat together could be a real issue that takes the defense from being improved to sliding all the way back.

He's gonna show up one year and be done it could happen this offseaon or next but you know its coming how much is that worth to us and what does he feel like his real value is economically.

the only way that Fletcher wont return is if Fletcher decides he wants a shot with a team that could go deep into the playoffs.. this is his team and i dont see him abandoning the younger players.. the front office will re sign him

Old 01-02-2012, 05:43 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
making good decisions is obviously relative.. but continuing on next year with a qb stable of Rex, Young/Quinn, and no one else to groom realistically is simply insane

again, you cant sell season ticket renewals to that kind of circus..wont happen.....cant happen...
Sure you can, especially if you sign a big name like Vincent Jackson or DeSean Jackson. I agree: its insane, but I put nothing past this regime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post

They'll try to sign him now before he hits the open market. If he doesn't sign before free agency, I would interpret that as a sign that he wants out.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
I've put my money where my mouth is. You are free to do the same if you are confident in the prediction.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:47 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
I've put my money where my mouth is. You are free to do the same if you are confident in the prediction.
Im not going to do or say something as silly as "staking my reputation" on Mike Shanahan's behavior/actions lol

Old 01-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Sure you can, especially if you sign a big name like Vincent Jackson or DeSean Jackson. I agree: its insane, but I put nothing past this regime.

They'll try to sign him now before he hits the open market. If he doesn't sign before free agency, I would interpret that as a sign that he wants out.
that is not a mutually exclusive calculation.. we can either sign a WR (i personally think we will sign VJax) or not, but it doesnt stop us from signing or drafting a qb.. the latter simply HAS to happen to have a viable team for next year

Old 01-02-2012, 05:50 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
that is not a mutually exclusive calculation.. we can either sign a WR (i personally think we will sign VJax) or not, but it doesnt stop us from signing or drafting a qb.. the latter simply HAS to happen to have a viable team for next year
If Snyder/Shanny care about selling tickets, they could easily talk themselves into signing some big name WR and rolling with stiffs again at QB next year. Its easy to make horrid decisions like that if one believes that you're headed in the right direction and think that a big ticket player like Jackson(s) will suddenly make Rex look better.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Im not going to do or say something as silly as "staking my reputation" on Mike Shanahan's behavior/actions lol
Technically you'd be staking your reputation on yourself.

I think you're using the prediction as a commentary about Mike. You don't honestly think Mike Shanahan's response to the QB crisis will be signing Grossman long-term for decent money and pairing him with a proven scrub like Vince Young or Brady Quinn. (At least I hope you don't.)

You're just trying to make a point about how low your opinion is of Shanahan at this point.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:01 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Technically you'd be staking your reputation on yourself.
On my prediction of Shanahan's behavior.

Quote:
I think you're using the prediction as a commentary about Mike. You don't honestly think Mike Shanahan's response to the QB crisis will be signing Grossman long-term for decent money and pairing him with a proven scrub like Vince Young or Brady Quinn. (At least I hope you don't.)

You're just trying to make a point about how low your opinion is of Shanahan at this point.
I think that I made my opinions of Shanahan's personnel decisions pretty clear before I made any predictions about what he would do. And Young's been linked to Shanny before(last offseason). Him and Kyyle played together at UT. And he would seem to fit what Kyyle looks for: mobile with a big arm(even though Vince looks like he ate Kerry Collins on his way out of Tennessee). Yes, it probably would be a total disaster but I seriously think it would be on the table for the skins as an option at QB.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
On my prediction of Shanahan's behavior.

I think that I made my opinions of Shanahan's personnel decisions pretty clear before I made any predictions about what he would do. And Young's been linked to Shanny before(last offseason). Him and Kyyle played together at UT. And he would seem to fit what Kyyle looks for: mobile with a big arm(even though Vince looks like he ate Kerry Collins on his way out of Tennessee). Yes, it probably would be a total disaster but I seriously think it would be on the table for the skins as an option at QB.
-Correct. You'd be betting on how well you can predict what Shanahan and the Skins will do.

-And "probably" a total disaster? Unless Shanahan's goal is to set the NFL record for combined interceptions by a QB duo I can't envision a scenario in which the combo of Rex Grossman and Vince Young isn't a total disaster.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:12 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
-Correct. You'd be betting on how much you know about Shanahan and the Skins.
But the bet would be predicated on their behavior. I'm not going to "stake my reputation" on that. You "put your money where your mouth is." Fine. I'm not obligated to do the same.

Quote:
-And "probably" a total disaster? Unless Shanahan's goal is to set the NFL record for combined interceptions by a QB duo I can't envision a scenario in which the combo of Rex Grossman and Vince Young isn't a total disaster.
And? He knew how much of a turnover machine Grossman was in 2010. Still rolled with him in 2011. Young and Grossman would be comically bad as a duo. One that would require me to huddle up with my comedy writers to think of a great sarcastic nickname for. But imo this is far more likely then "Shanny drafts Robert Griffen III and signs a competent vet to ease the transition to RG3".

Old 01-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
But the bet would be predicated on their behavior. I'm not going to "stake my reputation" on that. You "put your money where your mouth is." Fine. I'm not obligated to do the same.

And? He knew how much of a turnover machine Grossman was in 2010. Still rolled with him in 2011. Young and Grossman would be comically bad as a duo. One that would require me to huddle up with my comedy writers to think of a great sarcastic nickname for. But imo this is far more likely then "Shanny drafts Robert Griffen III and signs a competent vet to ease the transition to RG3".
-No obligation whatsover. But if I bet you a bottle of Eagle Rare Shanny will draft a RB in the first or second round this year I'm pretty sure you'd take me up on it. And that would also be predicated on Shanahan's behavior. Just a matter of confidence in the prediction.

-The only way we sign Young is as the BBQ sauce consultant for the post-game buffet.