Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 01-02-2012, 06:29 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
sorry, that wont fly again this year.. did you see how many seats were empty at the Vikings game ? I am sure that didnt go unnoticed by Snyder
The Vikings' game isn't a good one to use for your point. It was Christmas eve and I believe that had more to do with than who was playing QB.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:31 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
-No obligation whatsover. But if I bet you a bottle of Eagle Rare Shanny will draft a RB in the first or second round this year I'm pretty sure you'd take me up on it. And that would also be predicated on Shanahan's behavior. Just a matter of confidence in the prediction.
Actually, I wouldn't. I think that this could be a possibility. Especially in the 2nd round.

Quote:
-The only way we sign Young is as the BBQ sauce consultant for the post-game buffet.
Your opinion is noted.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins View Post
The Vikings' game isn't a good one to use for your point. It was Christmas eve and I believe that had more to do with than who was playing QB.
like to see what attendance was around the league before making conclusion about holiday

Old 01-02-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
-No obligation whatsover. But if I bet you a bottle of Eagle Rare Shanny will draft a RB in the first or second round this year I'm pretty sure you'd take me up on it. And that would also be predicated on Shanahan's behavior. Just a matter of confidence in the prediction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Actually, I wouldn't. I think that this could be a possibility. Especially in the 2nd round.
With 2 very promising 1st year players and a young and hopefully fully recovered RB in Hightower, it would be beyond irresponsible to pass up on any of the many areas of need to upgrade a position that is already solid. Not to mention, Kylee's affection for the passing game. We ranked 25th in rushing attempts this season and 5th in passing attempts. And we were not playing from large deficits that could skew those stats.

There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
-- Bob Ross

Old 01-03-2012, 02:11 AM
Scalper

Nice write-up, Akh. You have some crazy things in there but I respect'em.

Here's the blockbuster deal of the offseason for us:
Indy = takes Luck
STL = will not take a QB; Stay with Bradford or they look erratic
Minny = will not take a QB; Ponder
That leaves CLE and TB.

We're going to trade-up for RGIII to CLE. I think CLE can be talked out of the pick since they have Colt. BUT we're giving them our 6th pick PLUS either Rak or Davis and a 2nd rounder. Not sure of how I feel about that but I do think RGIII is Cam-ish.

Makes sense since we should have Jarmon back and can get Cooley healthy which means we have another year or two to prop up the positions if either regresses or fails completely.

RGIII will put fans back in those seats too. But I say there's no way we're coming out of this draft without RGIII. I won't stake my minimal rep on it but I'm willing to be known as the guy formerly known as TrueOracle for a few weeks if I'm wrong.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:10 AM
Hunter

this whole thread made me depressed about the future.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:26 AM

4 wins when everyone else was predicting 8+.
ummmmm.......... I pretty sure you weren't the ONLY one who was predicting a sub .500 season.
The only bright spots of this year that stand out to me were the young RB's, Kerrigan and Riley. You pretty much hit all the bad spots (as usual).

Old 01-03-2012, 10:47 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich View Post
With 2 very promising 1st year players and a young and hopefully fully recovered RB in Hightower, it would be beyond irresponsible to pass up on any of the many areas of need to upgrade a position that is already solid. Not to mention, Kylee's affection for the passing game. We ranked 25th in rushing attempts this season and 5th in passing attempts. And we were not playing from large deficits that could skew those stats.
And after 2010, the skins had a 1000 yard back in Torain and a young guy they like(williams). Now neither is on the roster. I dont think Shanny is married to Helu or Royster(or hightower) and I wouldn't be shocked if Shanny trades one of Helu or Royster during the offseason. Outside of Trent Williams' pick in 2010, I don't see much need based drafting from Shanny, far more BPA and if he's in love with a guy in the 2nd or 3rd, I wouldn't be surprised that he takes someone(or Trent Richardson in the 1st if he thinks he's fixed the QB position in free agency/trades).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueOracle View Post
Nice write-up, Akh. You have some crazy things in there but I respect'em.

Here's the blockbuster deal of the offseason for us:
Indy = takes Luck
STL = will not take a QB; Stay with Bradford or they look erratic
Minny = will not take a QB; Ponder
That leaves CLE and TB.

We're going to trade-up for RGIII to CLE. I think CLE can be talked out of the pick since they have Colt. BUT we're giving them our 6th pick PLUS either Rak or Davis and a 2nd rounder. Not sure of how I feel about that but I do think RGIII is Cam-ish.

Makes sense since we should have Jarmon back and can get Cooley healthy which means we have another year or two to prop up the positions if either regresses or fails completely.

RGIII will put fans back in those seats too. But I say there's no way we're coming out of this draft without RGIII. I won't stake my minimal rep on it but I'm willing to be known as the guy formerly known as TrueOracle for a few weeks if I'm wrong.
I think that any of the top 4 outside of Indy will look to deal, but as for your theory here: I think that only Minnesota will pass on a QB for certain. Right now I would predict the top 5 as:
1-Luck
2-Kahil
3-Blackmon
4-RG3(and deal Freeman)
5-Trent Richardson.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:56 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyLeeTKD View Post
this whole thread made me depressed about the future.
this season did not do that for you?

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 01-03-2012, 11:04 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibleedburgundy View Post
Need to see a lot more from Hankerson before he can be considered a successful draft pick. Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly both had one big game a piece as well.

If Shanny/Allen take a CB at #6 overall I'm going to have to revisit that "what will you do..." thread. CB's don't win championships. Just look at the iggles. They might have the best CB trio of all time and they didn't even make the paloffs.

Also, there were at least a few of us predicting 3-6 wins. I know I did. IIRC, there was a thread where Cowherd predicted 2-14 for the Skins. That had a lot of posters upset but there were a few of us who thought that was possible:

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...96#post1392296
I got 5-11 right on the mark

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...75&postcount=6

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 01-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
And after 2010, the skins had a 1000 yard back in Torain and a young guy they like(williams). Now neither is on the roster. I dont think Shanny is married to Helu or Royster(or hightower) and I wouldn't be shocked if Shanny trades one of Helu or Royster during the offseason. Outside of Trent Williams' pick in 2010, I don't see much need based drafting from Shanny, far more BPA and if he's in love with a guy in the 2nd or 3rd, I wouldn't be surprised that he takes someone(or Trent Richardson in the 1st if he thinks he's fixed the QB position in free agency/trades).
back

I think that any of the top 4 outside of Indy will look to deal, but as for your theory here: I think that only Minnesota will pass on a QB for certain. Right now I would predict the top 5 as:
1-Luck
2-Kahil
3-Blackmon
4-RG3(and deal Freeman)
5-Trent Richardson.
when is the last time Shanny used a first round pick on a RB ? I cannot recall any.. Bell was a #2

if the draft falls as you say, i think Shanny will do everything he can to trade back

Old 01-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
when is the last time Shanny used a first round pick on a RB ? I cannot recall any.. Bell was a #2

if the draft falls as you say, i think Shanny will do everything he can to trade back
To my knowledge Shanny's never taken a RB in the first round. Portis and Bell were second rounders.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:16 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:

Bell's the highest, but he's not afraid to commit major resources to the RB spot(regardless of current situation):
*Travis Henry(22.5 million over 5 years) even though they got 1700ish yards from Bell and Mike Davis combined
*Clinton Portis in the 2nd(even though they had Anderson and Gary on the roster)
*Tatem Bell in the 2nd
*Detron Smith in the high 3rd even though Terrell Davis had 1100+ yards in his rookie year

Shanny might try to trade back in my scenario, but his draft record in DC so far suggests BPA regardless of position.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Bell's the highest, but he's not afraid to commit major resources to the RB spot(regardless of current situation):
*Travis Henry(22.5 million over 5 years) even though they got 1700ish yards from Bell and Mike Davis combined
*Clinton Portis in the 2nd(even though they had Anderson and Gary on the roster)
*Tatem Bell in the 2nd
*Detron Smith in the high 3rd even though Terrell Davis had 1100+ yards in his rookie year

Shanny might try to trade back in my scenario, but his draft record in DC so far suggests BPA regardless of position.
Since arriving in DC its felt like Shanny has been targeting areas of need, at least with the first few rounds. Samuels retiring made LT a must-have in '10. Front-7 might have been the single weakest piece of the 2010 team and he drafted OLB and DE in '11.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Since arriving in DC its felt like Shanny has been targeting areas of need, at least with the first few rounds. Samuels retiring made LT a must-have in '10. Front-7 might have been the single weakest piece of the 2010 team and he drafted OLB and DE in '11.
.........................and now we desperately need a QB