Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 01-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Terrible Qbs are terrible. But what bothers me is what Sally Jenkins pointed out: no int ever seems to be his fault. Every one of them is some individual black swan caused by a very certain set of circumstances. Pass. That and his blubbering on the sidelines when he was benched for Beck in the philly game.
And for every INT that was "not his fault" there are balls that hit opponents in the chest or hands that they didn't pick off.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Ghost Dancer

speaking of turnovers by our QBs, i found this funny yesterday from dan steinberg.

Quote:
Grossman and Beck turned the ball over more than Jason Campbell and Todd Collins did in the entire 2007 and 2008 seasons, combined, when the Redskins’ QBs had just 28 total turnovers.
smh, getting rid of campbell instead of keeping him and drafting his replacement to groom immediately may have been the biggest mistake shanahan has made here. you cant tell me campbell cant do what weve gotten from mcnabb/grossman/beck the last two years. i doubt shanny could swallow his pride and bring a guy like campbell back, nor am i sure campbell would even want to comeback despite a chance to start. we need to find a good QB to keep for years. i was going to mention shanny was like gruden was in tampa with the musical QBs, but then i thought about the redskins QB situation the last couple decades...

Old 01-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
smh, getting rid of campbell instead of keeping him and drafting his replacement to groom immediately may have been the biggest mistake shanahan has made here.
You sure about that? It means our next QB would have been Tim Tebow, Colt McCoy or Jimmy Clausen.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
You sure about that? It means our next QB would have been Tim Tebow, Colt McCoy or Jimmy Clausen.
not necessarily true

Old 01-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
not necessarily true
The suspense is killing me. You said Mike's mistake was not keeping JC and drafting his replacement immediately. So what is the realistic scenario that doesn't have us with one of those QBs?

Old 01-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
The suspense is killing me. You said Mike's mistake was not keeping JC and drafting his replacement immediately. So what is the realistic scenario that doesn't have us with one of those QBs?
i said it MAY HAVE BEEN his biggest mistake, in the context of looking back at how things have gone at the QB position the last two years. im not going back and looking up every QB in that draft and where they are now, but im sure there were more than 3 QBs in that draft, and if we had kept campbell that guy would have time to develop. even if he didnt work out, atleast youd have tried to develop a guy.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
i said it MAY HAVE BEEN his biggest mistake, in the context of looking back at how things have gone at the QB position the last two years. im not going back and looking up every QB in that draft and where they are now, but im sure there were more than 3 QBs in that draft, and if we had kept campbell that guy would have time to develop. even if he didnt work out, atleast youd have tried to develop a guy.
Unless there is a realistic scenario where we could have ended up with a good player I don't see how not drafting a QB in '10 may have been his biggest mistake.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Unless there is a realistic scenario where we could have ended up with a good player I don't see how not drafting a QB in '10 may have been his biggest mistake.
if youre only going to pick and choose a sample portion of what i said the mistake was then dont even bother replying to me. you ignored atleast half the equation i laid out. its like what reporters do when they chop up quotes and try to make 4 or 5 words of that quote the headline and story when its not even what the player really said. and note that, if youre grooming a player, it doesnt mean theyre ready to play or even good right away, you groom them because they have potential but arent quite ready...

Old 01-04-2012, 10:06 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Lets say he went with JC and did not draft a qb in 2010, and instead focused on the 2011 draft, he would of had more ammo in his pocket to move up in 2010 and get the qb he wanted. he could have used that 2nd on defense and then been able to trade up to get Locker or another qb he coveted in 2011.

Or he could have gone after a lower round qb like webb, skelton or kafka in 2010 to actually, you know, groom into a good qb.

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 01-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Healer

I love Jason Campbell, but he needed a change of scenery. Too many OC's and zero O-Line protection got him clobbered in our system.

He had good arm strength but only one throw in his arsenal - a dart. His long balls had no arc and were routinely badly overthrown. He had no concept of a fade pass. Very one-dimensional. He also was just too nice a guy. He lacked the leadership to get on his players to up their game. Instead it was all "my bad". I wish him well in his future endeavors.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Hunter

Quote:
I love Jason Campbell, but he needed a change of scenery. Too many OC's and zero O-Line protection got him clobbered in our system.

He had good arm strength but only one throw in his arsenal - a dart. His long balls had no arc and were routinely badly overthrown. He had no concept of a fade pass. Very one-dimensional. He also was just too nice a guy. He lacked the leadership to get on his players to up their game. Instead it was all "my bad". I wish him well in his future endeavors.
Agree 100%. At the same time, I would take a flawed JC any day of the week over Grossman, Beck, and McNabb (not to mention getting that 2nd rounder back).

I think it's somewhat ironic that JC is precisely like many of Shanahan's "guys" - hard working, team focused, high character, though not the most talented. Shannahan clearly miscalculated in thinking the grass was greener with other experienced QBs that were available at the time.

Unfortunately for JC, I think the Raiders organization made a similar mistake in going after Palmer. Dude just can't catch a break.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrabanmaur View Post
Agree 100%. At the same time, I would take a flawed JC any day of the week over Grossman, Beck, and McNabb (not to mention getting that 2nd rounder back).

I think it's somewhat ironic that JC is precisely like many of Shanahan's "guys" - hard working, team focused, high character, though not the most talented. Shannahan clearly miscalculated in thinking the grass was greener with other experienced QBs that were available at the time.

Unfortunately for JC, I think the Raiders organization made a similar mistake in going after Palmer. Dude just can't catch a break.
.....no, respectfully, Dude has flaws in his game.. no reason to rehash them but he isnt a QB to run a WCO

Old 01-04-2012, 12:17 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
.....no, respectfully, Dude has flaws in his game.. no reason to rehash them but he isnt a QB to run a WCO
Kyyle wants to gun it, especially with zone seams. JC probably would have been a good idea to run it with.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Kyyle wants to gun it, especially with zone seams. JC probably would have been a good idea to run it with.
Agreed. JC was getting into a groove in Gibbs north/south system until Saunders was hired and flipped the whole playbook. I still believe that if AS never came, we would've had much more success and made the playoffs in 06'. Sad year that was... hired Saunder, let go of Ryan Clark, replaced him with Archuleta, and signed Lloyd, and ARE. What might be worst is that we also drafted Doughty that year. Reed Doughty.....

Old 01-04-2012, 01:02 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess88 View Post
Agreed. JC was getting into a groove in Gibbs north/south system until Saunders was hired and flipped the whole playbook. I still believe that if AS never came, we would've had much more success and made the playoffs in 06'. Sad year that was... hired Saunder, let go of Ryan Clark, replaced him with Archuleta, and signed Lloyd, and ARE. What might be worst is that we also drafted Doughty that year. Reed Doughty.....
....would suck even if he was playing against Pop Warner offenses.