Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 01-20-2012, 12:00 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
totally agree with your assessment.. when they made the comment that the fans would be "elated" i think one name jumps out

PEYTON MANNING

even Flynn couldnt generate that kind of excitement. Manning will have his detractors for sure, but i think, as long as he is healthy (and just HOW do they know that now while he is still under Colts contract ???) he will put a tremendous number of fans in the seats
That would make sense.

Quote:
another option

were trading for Bradford

yes, he supposedly has a contract that makes him untradable.. but, new regimes mean new QB's

Rams have let Bradford's agent know that they are committed to taking a QB at #2

They will trade him to Shanahan, who has always loved him and wanted him PROVIDED Bradford is willing to help make the trade possible

The Rams will get additional picks to build around Luck or RGIII and Shanahan gets the guy he always wanted

Bradford's deal gets restructured and he becomes "tradable"
Why would Bradford take a paycut to switch teams unless it would be to take a massive pay raise very quickly? Even if you got his cap figure for 2012 down to under 20 million, the Rams don't have much cap room(under 6 million), and they're not going to gut their team just to deal Bradford to pick up the #6 pick.

Bradford's not getting traded. End of story.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Next year's QB will be "Mex Mrossman" which is Rex with dyed hair and a fake mustache.
LOL I almost fell outa my chair on this one.

I keep thinking of that Mets manager wearing that fake stache in the dugout. lol

Mrossman will have the assembled media fooled all next season till his stache gets knocked off by Demarcus Ware lol

It must be a trade for vet no way a trade with the Rams is locked in this early and anyone feels that much certainty about it.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Shaman

and if its Manning I say BOOO I don't even wanna go down that route.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Shaman

This shows that the idiocy continues at redskins park. Announcing a QB who we haven't signed yet is just stupid. What happened to bruce allen and mike shanahan bringing professionalism back to redskins park?

Old 01-20-2012, 12:12 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
LOL I almost fell outa my chair on this one.

I keep thinking of that Mets manager wearing that fake stache in the dugout. lol

Mrossman will have the assembled media fooled all next season till his stache gets knocked off by Demarcus Ware lol

It must be a trade for vet no way a trade with the Rams is locked in this early and anyone feels that much certainty about it.
Transcript of "Mex Mrossman"'s "introductory" press conference follows...
Mike Shanahan: So, we're excited about Mex and the upgrade he represents from the QBs last year...
Mex: Yeah, I'll be much better then that Rex fellow...any questions?
(before Tony Wylie can throw a tear gas grenade into the press): Jason Reid: So, Rex...
Mex: Yes?....sh*t!

Old 01-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
That would make sense.

Why would Bradford take a paycut to switch teams unless it would be to take a massive pay raise very quickly? Even if you got his cap figure for 2012 down to under 20 million, the Rams don't have much cap room(under 6 million), and they're not going to gut their team just to deal Bradford to pick up the #6 pick.

Bradford's not getting traded. End of story.
disagree about Bradford taking a penny of pay cut.. you know as well as i that the Redskins have been experts at massaging the cap to fit players underneath it.. money simply gets moved around and Bradford agrees to a deal that makes the trade possible

it all comes down to ALL parties willingness to make it happen

why would Bradford want to sit while RGIII gets to run the team ?

and we do know that Shanahan has ALWAYS coveted Bradford. This would fit the Shanahan mold perfectly.. and, the added benefit is having a QB who is ready to run a pro offense and not wait to see if the rookie can develop

answer me this: If Bradford was willing to restructure, is there any reason why the deal couldnt go through then ??

Old 01-20-2012, 12:17 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
disagree about Bradford taking a penny of pay cut.. you know as well as i that the Redskins have been experts at massaging the cap to fit players underneath it.. money simply gets moved around and Bradford agrees to a deal that makes the trade possible
That end is possible, but the skins would have to jump his salary in 2013 to the point where his cap figure would be north of 30 million. There's zero incentive for him to take any paycut(and the rules might preclude it). Especially when his current deal forces any new team to guarantee about 30 million immediately.

Quote:
answer me this: If Bradford was willing to restructure, is there any reason why the deal couldnt go through then ??
The Rams' cap situation. They would owe at least 20 million in dead cap by dealing him and they can't renegotiate that down.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
That end is possible, but the skins would have to jump his salary in 2013 to the point where his cap figure would be north of 30 million. There's zero incentive for him to take any paycut(and the rules might preclude it). Especially when his current deal forces ay new team to guarantee about 30 million immediately.

The Rams' cap situation. They would owe at least 20 million in dead cap by dealing him and they can't renegotiate that down.
ok.. but with the Rookie pay scale, i think that draft picks are cheaper to sign and keep--even if they have 2 high first rounders.. or they could trade out of the #6 pick and get a whole bunch more lower picks

either way, THIS is the year they take their lumps and clear the decks to build with a totally young team

again, i am saying that if all parties want this deal to happen, it WILL happen

Old 01-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Banned

Akh's Bradford research had made it very clear he ain't going anywhere, no need to mention his name.

I'm going to go with: deal in place with Rams, as we were reported to be talking with them and that is what I really really really want to happen.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
ok.. but with the Rookie pay scale, i think that draft picks are cheaper to sign and keep--even if they have 2 high first rounders.. or they could trade out of the #6 pick and get a whole bunch more lower picks

either way, THIS is the year they take their lumps and clear the decks to build with a totally young team

Bradford is one of the reasons Fischer decided on the Rams. There is zero incentive to move him-he is young, promising and the fans love him.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_awake View Post
Akh's Bradford research had made it very clear he ain't going anywhere, no need to mention his name.

I'm going to go with: deal in place with Rams, as we were reported to be talking with them and that is what I really really really want to happen.
disagree.. think it through.. if the ONLY reason holding up a deal is cap ramifications, you know darn well teams will find a way around them

now, it takes complete agreement by all parties to make it happen and anyone could sink the deal..

but other than having a deal for a player under contract ( ie TAMPERING) there is no one the Redskins can actually say they have in the bag

also, the Rams will have increased leverage for the #2 pick as we get CLOSER to the draft.. Teams dont make this kind of trade 3 months ahead of time because we dont even know how players will perform at the combine.. and what happens if the Colts decide THEY want RGIII ?
this is all too hazy to make any sense

Old 01-20-2012, 12:27 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:

Assuming 20 million in dead cap, to make room for dealing Bradford, the Rams would have to cut Jason Smith, Fred Robbins, Stephen Jackson and Chris Long. And that's before making the money to sign 2 Top 6 picks no matter how cheap they would be now.

There's no way that they can deal him without destroying their team. And the #6 pick(unless the skins are throwing in 4-5 more high picks) won't be worth doing that.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_awake View Post
Bradford is one of the reasons Fischer decided on the Rams. There is zero incentive to move him-he is young, promising and the fans love him.
No. Bradford isnt the primary reason that Fisher took the Rams deal..Personnel control was the reason.. he was going to have NONE in Miami and will have a far greater say in St Louis
maybe Bradford was acceptable to Fisher, but new regimes prefer new QB's

Old 01-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Assuming 20 million in dead cap, to make room for dealing Bradford, the Rams would have to cut Jason Smith, Fred Robbins, Stephen Jackson and Chris Long. And that's before making the money to sign 2 Top 6 picks no matter how cheap they would be now.

There's no way that they can deal him without destroying their team. And the #6 pick(unless the skins are throwing in 4-5 more picks) won't be worth doing that.
Rumors are that Smith is going to be cut anyway. Robbins is getting long in the tooth.. the others will re do contracts

Just saying that IF they want the deal to happen, it WILL happen

Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Grumpy Old Man

.......................................or the real truth is that this is all a steaming pile of dreamed-up manure...