Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 01-20-2012, 07:57 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
which means Cleveland ...........................???
...forces Shanny to give up 3 1sts, Trent Williams and 2 2nds or signs "Mex Mrossman".

Old 01-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
...forces Shanny to give up 3 1sts, Trent Williams and 2 2nds or signs "Mex Mrossman".
You can't possibly believe the Redskins would have to give up that much?

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 01-20-2012, 08:11 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar703 View Post
You can't possibly believe the Redskins would have to give up that much?
If Flynn goes to Miami to rejoin Philbin, and Cleveland, Washington and Seattle bid on rg3...I think thats very possible. With the rookie salary structure, those top picks are EXTREMELY valuable.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Spirit

Quote:
If Flynn goes to Miami to rejoin Philbin, and Cleveland, Washington and Seattle bid on rg3...I think thats very possible. With the rookie salary structure, those top picks are EXTREMELY valuable.
I don't believe the Browns will join in on the bidding war as reports have already surfaced that the Browns plan to deal there pick. I believe there interest in RGIII is merely superficial, possibly to bump up the value of there pick. Seattle is out of the picture, St. Louis nor Minnesota will be open to the idea of moving back that far considering both Johnathan Martin and Riley Reiff will be gone by the 13th pick. Not to mention I expect Seattle to sit still and select Coples or Mercilus because they have a terrible pass rush.

In my opinion Akh, the Redskins will be bidding against themselves. I do expect us to move up and select RGIII but I highly doubt we will be parting with three first round picks. Even operating under the idea that draft picks are move valuable than ever, the Redskins and whomever they would be dealing with would have to have realistic expectations of what they must give up and what they must receive.

This is the deal you're proposing

Pick #2 Value-2,600 points

Pick #6 Value-1,600 points
Pick #39 Value-510 points

Picks traded a season in advance are normally devalued by a round, so we will just change the value of the potential first round picks and second round picks to finish off my calculations of this trade:

2013 Round 1 Pick Value-510 Points
2012 Round 2 Pick Value-235 Points
2014 Round 1 Pick Value-235 Points

Now factor in that you are trading one of the most promising LT in the NFL(The Eagles gave up a first round pick, fourth round pick and a sixth round pick for Jason Peters) who I will give a grade of a second round pick because I believe thats what the Redskins would be receiving in a trade for him.

The Redskins would be dealing away a value of 3090 points on the value chart which is more than the value of the first pick in the draft and that wouldn't be including Williams value in the deal. So even if you go with the idea that draft choices are worth more than they ever have been, there is absolutely no team that would expect this kind of deal in return from a team asking to trade up.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 01-20-2012, 09:02 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
In my opinion Akh, the Redskins will be bidding against themselves.
This is where we disagree. There's a number of teams in the market for a starting QB and only 1 QB worth a damn in free agency(2 with Peyton).

And as for the draft value chart, its obsolete now with the rookie salary rules. Now that you don't have to pay Bradford type money, the value has doubled at least(probably tripled). Its just EXTREMELY unrealistic to expect that any team will be able to move up to the #2 overall pick for minimum cost--especially with a shrewd decision maker in Jeff Fisher looking to reload his new franchise. If the Rams will take 2 1sts, 2 2nds and Trent Williams, I jump on that if I'm the Skins.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Hunter

Has to be Luck or RG3. To me the words all fit" A new QB has been CHOSEN."

For tampering purposes cant be free agent (I do believe the skins would tamper)

I also believe that the Skins could have a deal in place for the 1st or 2nd pick. They could very easily have said this is the deal we are offering by 5pm tomorrow the deal expires. (and the Colts or Rams) excepted it.

As long as it is one of those two. (Personally think it is Luck). I would be stoked

Old 01-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Sachem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSkin View Post
I would opt for packaging him as "Tex Hossman". Jerry Jones goes all-in, trading 6 draft picks for a Romo replacement.
With your permission, I'd like to use this as my signature. I can't believe everyone missed this. Pure genius.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Spirit

Quote:
This is where we disagree. There's a number of teams in the market for a starting QB and only 1 QB worth a damn in free agency(2 with Peyton).

And as for the draft value chart, its obsolete now with the rookie salary rules. Now that you don't have to pay Bradford type money, the value has doubled at least(probably tripled). Its just EXTREMELY unrealistic to expect that any team will be able to move up to the #2 overall pick for minimum cost--especially with a shrewd decision maker in Jeff Fisher looking to reload his new franchise. If the Rams will take 2 1sts, 2 2nds and Trent Williams, I jump on that if I'm the Skins.
The two firsts and two seconds are a realistic deal but I highly doubt Trent Williams would be included. Isn't Brian Hoyer an Restricted free agent? I've heard quite a few teams covet him as well.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 01-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins3 View Post
Has to be Luck or RG3. To me the words all fit" A new QB has been CHOSEN."

For tampering purposes cant be free agent (I do believe the skins would tamper)

I also believe that the Skins could have a deal in place for the 1st or 2nd pick. They could very easily have said this is the deal we are offering by 5pm tomorrow the deal expires. (and the Colts or Rams) excepted it.

As long as it is one of those two. (Personally think it is Luck). I would be stoked
There is zero chance the Colts trade that pick so the idea of Luck went out the window a long time ago.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 01-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Chief

I've been thinking about the timing the last few days. Before April 1, it is likely Flynn and possibly Manning are starting qb's. Those teams would be out of the RGIII race leaving perhaps two teams left.

I think from a skins perspective we will have a good idea if they go qb in round one or two well before the draft. If they sign Flynn he will be the starter. If they completely avoid the qb position in fa and build around it like signing vjax, a starting guard and rt, then u can expect either a trade up or targeting a guy like tannehill.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:02 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
The two firsts and two seconds are a realistic deal but I highly doubt Trent Williams would be included. Isn't Brian Hoyer an Restricted free agent? I've heard quite a few teams covet him as well.
This is why I doubt the skins will deal up. There's too many other options that won't cost and arm/leg.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk157 View Post
I would imagine that one of the first orders of business for the Rams was figuring out what they could get for the second pick. In that case, I'm sure Cleveland went ahead and either gave their offer or declined and the Skins already have an offer in place. When the new league year hits, they'll announce the trade. That's assuming this guy just isn't trying to drum up interest, which is far more probable.
i look at this process like bidding on something on ebay ,why in the world would you offer anything now ? only thing you would be doing was starting the bidding process and in the end driving the price up, best thing to do is just wait
and go all in in the final hours .

Old 01-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
Signing Matt Flynn just got a lot harder folks.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...as-head-coach/
who ever pays the most is where he will go, now if phibin and another team are about the same amout of $$$ then maybe he would sign with dolphins.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Brave

Quote:
There is zero chance the Colts trade that pick so the idea of Luck went out the window a long time ago.
i wouldnt say there was a zero chance the colts would trade luck , what if rg3 has a great combine, with the draft being over 3 months from now some team swings a deal with the rams for the second pick and then trades with the colts for the 1st pick, colts could then take rg3 and still have the extra pick/picks, not a likely to happen ,but sometimes strange things happen with the draft,like
mike ditka giving us all their picks + the next year 1st pick (i think) to move up to takey rickey williams.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKShape View Post
With your permission, I'd like to use this as my signature. I can't believe everyone missed this. Pure genius.
Have at it. Glad you enjoyed it.