Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 02-06-2012, 04:47 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar703 View Post
There's zero chance of Blackon being there at 15. The only thing that is going to keep him out of the top 5 is a terrible forty time.
Just passing along what I'm hearing. I think he's a top 7 pick still, but I can see the case against him.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins3 View Post
PEYTON IS NOT COMING TO THE NFC EAST. BECAUSE ELI IS IN THE NFC EAST.

PEYTON WILL BE A DOLPHIN. THEY HAVE A SOLID DEFENSE SOME SOLID OFFENSIVE WEAPONS.

By some miracle Peyton does come to DC I would welcome it. (I remeber seeing something on the NFL Network about John Elway calling a play in the huddle that wasnt even part of the gameplan but led to a superbowl victory)Only Manning can come here and do things like that. Getting Manning currently doesnt cost us any draft picks. Some of you are suggesting using the 2nd rd pick on a QB still I say no. To many needs to use that pick for someone who will not start for three years. We have been 20 years without a superbowl I would be all for sacrificing 5 years to Give Peyton the best chance possible to win 1 out of 3 superbowls. I dont think that not drafting a QB in the 2nd rd puts us back 5 years.

Suggestion if Manning is on the team.
Rd.1 Martin OT stanford
rd.2 Jeffery WR gamecocks
RD3 OG or DB
If the Redskins draft an OT with the 6th pick or by trading back then I'm done. You're not getting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd round, sorry not gonna happen. The Redskins need a young QB to groom and doing anything other than this would be seen as a failure. Manning is just another excuse for this stupid franchise to trot out a new jersey for Skins fans to buy.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 02-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Just passing along what I'm hearing. I think he's a top 7 pick still, but I can see the case against him.
I don't see the case against him at all though. He has tremendous size and excellent ability to adjust to the the ball. He does have average speed but it doesn't seem to matter as he runs precise routes and still gets open. If he's there at 6 and RGIII is long gone as I would assume he'd be than Blackmon better be the pick.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 02-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
If they feel so lacking in their ability to find a QB and instead have to fall back on a broken/breaking down legend (to some degree for the second time) then that speaks volumes.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic View Post
Like I said it isnt my favorite option but neither would parting with multiple 1sts and 2nds. I was kinda on the Flynn bandwagon and for keeping the picks, slightly over RGIII but Im not sure what the plan is anymore lol.
I hear you, but sometimes we just got to let one go. Peyton seems like the easy out to me. See the quote I highlighted from Moe's post above.

We are in this position because shanny swung and missed twice. Well he is in year 3 now and has backed himself in the corner. I know we badly need a qb, but I would rather us sit on our hands and continue to build this team without a franchise qb than do something stupid. As important as the QB position is, it isn't bigger than the team. Personally, I think there are a good number of options, it is shanny's job to find the one with the best value and future for the skins, future not being 2 years.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Shaman

Quote:
If the Redskins draft an OT with the 6th pick or by trading back then I'm done. You're not getting Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd round, sorry not gonna happen. The Redskins need a young QB to groom and doing anything other than this would be seen as a failure. Manning is just another excuse for this stupid franchise to trot out a new jersey for Skins fans to buy.
We drafted 4 WRs last draft and we still don't know what we have in them. The oline isn't sexy but improvements there ripple through the entire offense.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:56 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
I don't see the case against him at all though. He has tremendous size and excellent ability to adjust to the the ball. He does have average speed but it doesn't seem to matter as he runs precise routes and still gets open. If he's there at 6 and RGIII is long gone as I would assume he'd be than Blackmon better be the pick.
I wouldn't say he has "tremendous size". He's 6-1/211 roughly(and probably smaller then that). He has to run a sub 4.5 or he's going to drop.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspring View Post
+1

I hear you, but sometimes we just got to let one go. Peyton seems like the easy out to me. See the quote I highlighted from Moe's post above.

We are in this position because shanny swung and missed twice. Well he is in year 3 now and has backed himself in the corner. I know we badly need a qb, but I would rather us sit on our hands and continue to build this team without a franchise qb than do something stupid. As important as the QB position is, it isn't bigger than the team. Personally, I think there are a good number of options, it is shanny's job to find the one with the best value and future for the skins, future not being 2 years.
Totally agree

Old 02-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
I have a feeling that the skins could drop down to 15 and still get Blackmon at the end of the day. There's been a lot of chatter about how the scouts don't think that much of him.
they didnt think a lot about Jerry Rice, either.. not saying he will be the second coming of Rice, but the guy was essentially uncoverable at the college level..
he will be a great pro..i think he is a far better prospect than Julio Jones was

Old 02-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Papoose

Just say no to Manning....

I agree I wouldnt want to come here if I were him, why? So I can get asked the same stupid questions twice a year when I play my brother?

I am firmly on the draft RG3 by any means bandwagon. I don't care that we have other needs. Get the QB of the future now please for the love of god, at least then I can watch and chaulk up the losses as we have a rookie qb...I need this for my sanity...

Old 02-06-2012, 05:23 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
they didnt think a lot about Jerry Rice, either.. not saying he will be the second coming of Rice, but the guy was essentially uncoverable at the college level..
he will be a great pro..i think he is a far better prospect than Julio Jones was
Blackmon reminds me of Chris Chambers. I'd probably take Jones over him.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Blackmon reminds me of Chris Chambers. I'd probably take Jones over him.
not me.. he plays bigger than his height.. very physical.. if he is there at 6, and we havent traded up, or dont receive a king's ransom to trade down, he is a no brainer..

Old 02-06-2012, 05:49 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
not me.. he plays bigger than his height.. very physical..
Like Chris Chambers! lol.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspring View Post
We drafted 4 WRs last draft and we still don't know what we have in them. The oline isn't sexy but improvements there ripple through the entire offense.
We can still see what we have in Robinson, Paul and Austin but it's past time to have an elite wide receiver and Blackmon has that level of ability. Hankerson needs to show he can return from his hip injury and Gaffeny and Moss are getting up there in age. Willie Smith deserves a shot to play RT if Jamaal Brown is not retained considering he played quite well when given the chance. If we can walk away with Blackmon/Tannehill in the first two rounds then we'll be looking much better.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 02-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Moderator / 3 PEAT [2010-2011-2012] hR Fantasy NBA Champion

Quote:
You can't draft Weeden and sit him for 3 or 4 years behind Manning. If you draft Weeden in the 2nd round then he must start due to his age. I would much rather just take Tannehill who flashed quite a bit of ability.
I think Manning has 3-4 years tops and Weeden would be 32 in 3 years but he'd be healthy and know the Offense, Id draft him. Tannehill would be fine also, especially because he'll take longer to mature. I just like the Weeden to Blackmon connection lol.

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

Old 02-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic View Post
I think Manning has 3-4 years tops and Weeden would be 32 in 3 years but he'd be healthy and know the Offense, Id draft him. Tannehill would be fine also, especially because he'll take longer to mature. I just like the Weeden to Blackmon connection lol.
If weeden is the plan, I think manning is a non option. We should stick with rex or grab orton or get the much cheaper flynn.