Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 02-07-2012, 12:57 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
agree.. since he is already sending out public messages that he would be willing to do a heavily incentive laden contract for another team
If the skins sign him, I have no problem giving him something like that where he gets 20+ million if he makes the pro bowl/playoffs/throws for 4000+ yards and 30 TDs.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspring View Post
I continually see the pro-manning crowd writing stipulations "if he is healthy". Everyone continues to ignore the simple fact that Peyton is not healthy. Not only is he not healthy, the type of healing he has to do is the slowest there is.

He will be released the first week of march and free agency begins the week after. No doubt, he will be signed by the end of march. There is no chance in hell he suddenly fully heals in 45 days.

So he isn't healthy and he isn't going to be when the bidding war starts for him. This isn't a secret. So if you are in the bring manning here crowd, you are really just rooting to bring an unhealthy manning here. I can't wait to have redskins park turned upside down for a 36 year old qb whose arm doesn't work like it use to and whose neck is one hit away from another surgery. Yes this will solve all our problems. Go skins!
I feel exactly the same way.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 02-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Chief

if he gets cut,he can sign right away can't he? it would not shock me if he was signed within 4 or 5 days after being cut.you guys need to get that redskins 1 plane tracker thingy operable! lol

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 02-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Healer

I don't think you can sign anyone until March 13th, when Free Agency begins.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:04 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMaViSd View Post
I don't think you can sign anyone until March 13th, when Free Agency begins.
For players with expiring contracts. If Peyton's cut today, he's free to sign as soon as the NFL registers the move.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
If you trade for him, you have to eat that massive option bonus. You can't restructure out of it. He's not going to be dealt barring some surprise.
Riddle this portion for me then,

If he is TRADED, then his contract is OURS.

That option is due March 8th.

Are you saying we can't restructure the contract before March 8th?

Then how is it that other contracts are restructured? I thought we were the masters of converting roster bonuses to signing bonuses.

Now I recognize Peyton does not have to restructure, but the ability to restructure is left up the player and the Redskins.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
For players with expiring contracts. If Peyton's cut today, he's free to sign as soon as the NFL registers the move.
is'nt that how we signed atogwe last year?

—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 02-07-2012, 04:13 PM
hR Staff/Spanish Translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
That's right. Something could happen way before March 8th or 13th.

"You can't be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes. I've been blessed. God looked out for me. I'm happy."
- Sean Taylor

Old 02-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJacksonTaylor28 View Post
That's right. Something could happen way before March 8th or 13th.
Hopefully that something doesn't involve us.

I'm going on the record and saying Manning will turn out as a disaster. By July there'll be leaks of "concerns" and details that will send chills through everyone's own spine. People will dismiss it and things will continue to go down hill, while the excuses will be flying around like MIA's middle finger.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanFromArizona View Post
Riddle this portion for me then,

If he is TRADED, then his contract is OURS.

That option is due March 8th.

Are you saying we can't restructure the contract before March 8th?

Then how is it that other contracts are restructured? I thought we were the masters of converting roster bonuses to signing bonuses.

Now I recognize Peyton does not have to restructure, but the ability to restructure is left up the player and the Redskins.
Unless I'm mistaken Indy can get hit pretty hard by cap penalties for dealing him so it's almost impossible to get something out of him in a trade and this is why he's being released.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 02-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar703 View Post
Unless I'm mistaken Indy can get hit pretty hard by cap penalties for dealing him so it's almost impossible to get something out of him in a trade and this is why he's being released.

It would be stupid to trade for him when they have to release him.

—Mark Twain

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 02-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Shaman

Quote:
It would be stupid to trade for him when they have to release him.
I disagree.
For the value of a sixth round draft pick, we wouldn't have to take a RISK of a franchise-caliber QB going to another team.

Honestly, what value can we get from pick 159 or 166 that would be better than PM?

Trading for him GUARANTEES he is our player.

Currently, if he were to get released, he can go to any of 5 teams....why not make that list a short one and take the risk out of him going elsewhere?

Yes, draft picks are draft picks, but if Indy were presented with getting ANY draft pick as opposed to nothing at all, and to another LEAGUE, I think they would definitely look at it if the plan they have is to release Peyton anyways.

A draft pick is still a draft pick any way you shoot it. Some compensation is better than none at all.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Dude, could you stop with the "Giants Suck" in every post? All it does is remind me they won the Super Bowl, which is something I'd like to forget.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Shaman

Go get the Alka Seltzer:

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/2/...umber-two-pick
Quote:
The author, Rodskins, notes that he talked with Jim Haslett, the former Rams DC and interim head coach who is currently Mike Shanahan's defensive coordinator. During the talks, he disclosed some awfully detailed information that's of immediate interest to Rams fans.

On the free agent front, he said that the Skins weren't interested in Matt Flynn, but the wheels are turning to make the initial efforts toward Peyton.

Of more import, he said the Redskins have already contacted Jeff Fisher to discuss the second overall pick. He didn't provide any details of the talks, other than to note that the front office only has interest in Andrew Luck and RGIII at this point, so the likelihood of trading up is, well, more than 0%.
Quote:
there's more to the story...

I just read the post on Hogs Haven, and the guy who posted it met Haslett at his daughters Volleyball tournament in Hampton VA, at a breakfast buffet nonetheless. I’m not saying that it’s got to be 100% live-or-die by it truth, but why would he fabricate this stuff to a guy who was just a fan?

clearly he doesn’t make these types of decisions, but I’ll buy it for now
Coaches returned to work today, and this article was posted about 1-2 hours ago, I'm guessing these comments were made today.

Last edited by FanFromArizona : 02-07-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: added my own comments

Old 02-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanFromArizona View Post
Go get the Alka Seltzer:

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/2/...umber-two-pick

Coaches returned to work today, and this article was posted about 1-2 hours ago, I'm guessing these comments were made today.
What's wrong with trading up? Get us a freaking quarterback already and worry about building around him afterward.

When you factor in all the off-the-field intangibles that RGIII brings to the table, he fits the mold of a player I'm willing to make a push for. If he ends up in the B&G it's cause for excitement.