Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 02-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Medicine Man

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...horrific-idea/

Old 02-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Sachem

I don't understand why Haslett seems to love blabbing to anyone who will listen to him. Maybe what Haslett told the fan was a genius smokescreen, but I'd just say that it was kind of careless on his part.

It's like when he called the St. Louis radio station and said all of that bad stuff about Haynesworth's work ethic when Haynesworth was still on our roster and we were trying to trade him.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Spirit

I can't believe Haslett or Shanahan or Allen aren't doing anything beyond the usual Coachspeak - which in this case is to keep everyone guessing as to who they want in the draft or before it.

It's just like the Peyton Manning thing - there's easily a couple teams better suited for Manning than the Redskins. We'll be lucky to improve our OL and WR groups enough to tempt Manning. But the Redskin coaches are happy to shovel out the b.s. about PM, Orton, Flynn.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfanjon View Post
What's wrong with trading up? Get us a freaking quarterback already and worry about building around him afterward.

When you factor in all the off-the-field intangibles that RGIII brings to the table, he fits the mold of a player I'm willing to make a push for. If he ends up in the B&G it's cause for excitement.
Other than the fact that we went 5-11 and have holes all across our team and we would lose MULTIPLE picks(3 picks minimum) absolutely nothing.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Chief

Guess Joe T just made his way onto snyder's *hit list,aye?

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 02-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMaViSd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfanjon
What's wrong with tradingup? Get us a freaking quarterback already and worry about building around him afterward.

When you factor in all the off-the-field intangibles that RGIII brings to the table, he fits the mold of a player I'm willing to make a push for. If he ends up in the B&G it's cause for excitement.
than the fact that we went 5-11 and have holes all across our team and we would lose MULTIPLE picks(3 picks minimum) absolutely nothing.
Agree completely with Skinfanjon. Most important position on the field is QB, our biggest need is QB. Luck (longshot), RGIII, or Bradford (which I doubt) are the best three options out there and we CANT come out of the draft empty handed.

Until PM is healthy I refuse to discuss him any longer.

I want the Skins to stay patient and get RGIII at 6. I think Cleveland is bluffing, Miami is going to have Flynn, and Seattle is too far back to make a trade up.

BUT for the sake of argument, Im not opposed to trading up and giving up picks at #2. Frankly, I dont understand why the "no trade crowd" refuses to acknowledge the fact that if we keep our 2nd round pick, we can still trade back 2x (or more) and wind up with the same amount of picks in the first 4 rounds as we currently have (5). Read that again and let that sink in...

Point being, even if we trade up, the draft is not lost, we went through this last year. We CAN turn this draft into a productive one in the early to mid rounds still, but keeping the 2nd is paramount for positioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanFromArizona
Go get the Alka Seltzer:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/2/...umber-two-pick

The author, Rodskins, notes that he talked with Jim Haslett, the former Rams DC and interim head coach who is currently Mike Shanahan's defensive coordinator. During the talks, he disclosed some awfully detailed information that's of immediate interest to Rams fans.

On the free agent front, he said that the Skins weren't interested in Matt Flynn, but the wheels are turning to make the initial efforts toward Peyton.

Of more import, he said the Redskins have already contacted Jeff Fisher to discuss the second overall pick. He didn't provide any details of the talks, other than to note that the front office only has interest in Andrew Luck and RGIII at this point, so the likelihood of trading up is, well, more than 0%.
Maybe Im just a simpleton and dont understand things very well, but this is talking out of both sides of ones mouth if Ive ever heard it. Listen to these contradictions:

1. Interested in Flynn but still trying to take Luck/RGIII? And the initial efforts for PM have started? Theres too much invested in one or the other. You're either going to sin a FA or Draft high, not both (especially if Luck is in the picture which I highly doubt as well).

2. Likelihood of trading up more than 0%? 1% isnt a good chance nowadays is it? 1-100% is a pretty wide angle/large net, yes?

Lets assume Haslett is drunk and talking "in truths" here...it doesnt make any sense once you look at it. IF this is ALL true, the only thing I can take from this is the Redskins are examining all possible options except for Rex and thats what THEY SHOULD be doing!

I commend Haslett for his misinformation and saying something without saying anything. Bravo...

Old 02-08-2012, 09:14 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanFromArizona View Post
Riddle this portion for me then,

If he is TRADED, then his contract is OURS.

That option is due March 8th.

Are you saying we can't restructure the contract before March 8th?

Then how is it that other contracts are restructured? I thought we were the masters of converting roster bonuses to signing bonuses.

Now I recognize Peyton does not have to restructure, but the ability to restructure is left up the player and the Redskins.
If they push the bonus back a month(he can't be traded until March 13th), then you *could* deal for him, then try to restructure that 28 million bonus over two years, but you still have to give that money to peyton soon in another way. But why would you even consider that if you're a team? And conversely: why would Peyton do it? He wants to choose his next team.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
hR Staff Writer

Here is why the whole Peyton Manning + young qb idea is not going to work> Manning to be great requires his own system,. Even if he got everything he wanted he would only be about 80% of the qb he used to be because of the neck and agae and that is not good enough to overcome all of DC's problems to win now. Also the young qb's development will be hindered learnign Peyton's offense when only Peyton can run that offense.

If we get Manning we might as well load up for a two year run and then blow it all up with a new coach when it does not work and truly start the rebuild.

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
Here is why the whole Peyton Manning + young qb idea is not going to work> Manning to be great requires his own system,. Even if he got everything he wanted he would only be about 80% of the qb he used to be because of the neck and agae and that is not good enough to overcome all of DC's problems to win now. Also the young qb's development will be hindered learnign Peyton's offense when only Peyton can run that offense.

If we get Manning we might as well load up for a two year run and then blow it all up with a new coach when it does not work and truly start the rebuild.
God forbid we get Manning I wouldn't give him any say in personnel or playcalling. Sounds crazy, but tailoring everything to Manning is even crazier. This marriage has failure written all over it.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanouel8 View Post
God forbid we get Manning I wouldn't give him any say in personnel or playcalling. Sounds crazy, but tailoring everything to Manning is even crazier. This marriage has failure written all over it.
Totally. It is a predicament because, the problem is, if you get manning how do you not give him everything he wants? You have to enable him to succeed. It is a lose lose situation unless you think he will win a super bowl for you in the next 2 years.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKShape View Post
I don't understand why Haslett seems to love blabbing to anyone who will listen to him. Maybe what Haslett told the fan was a genius smokescreen, but I'd just say that it was kind of careless on his part.

It's like when he called the St. Louis radio station and said all of that bad stuff about Haynesworth's work ethic when Haynesworth was still on our roster and we were trying to trade him.
i will be truly upset IF we believe that NONE of the draftable qb's are worth having AND we dont trade up for RGIII..

just the thought of Rex starting for another year makes me sick

Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 AM

For every 30+ player that missed an ENTIRE season due to injury that cam back to play well, there are hundreds that were never heard from again.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:16 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak View Post
For every 30+ player that missed an ENTIRE season due to injury that cam back to play well, there are hundreds that were never heard from again.
If Peyton's willing do an incentive laden deal which protects the skins, I would feel better about this.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Ghost Dancer

per game roster bonuses may be the way to go with peyton if we sign him

Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by culpeper View Post
Maybe Im just a simpleton and dont understand things very well, but this is talking out of both sides of ones mouth if Ive ever heard it. Listen to these contradictions:

1. Interested in Flynn but still trying to take Luck/RGIII? And the initial efforts for PM have started? Theres too much invested in one or the other. You're either going to sin a FA or Draft high, not both (especially if Luck is in the picture which I highly doubt as well).

2. Likelihood of trading up more than 0%? 1% isnt a good chance nowadays is it? 1-100% is a pretty wide angle/large net, yes?

Lets assume Haslett is drunk and talking "in truths" here...it doesnt make any sense once you look at it. IF this is ALL true, the only thing I can take from this is the Redskins are examining all possible options except for Rex and thats what THEY SHOULD be doing!

I commend Haslett for his misinformation and saying something without saying anything. Bravo...
This from ESPN980's facebook page:

Quote:
As reported on ESPN 980 -- just spoke to #Redskins DC Jim Haslett in response to a story that was POSTED on HogsHaven.com about a fan encounter in which Haz allegedly revealed the #Redskins offensive off-season plans - Jim called me & is very upset about the story. He told ESPN 980 among other things "I don't even know the offseason plan..You think I am going to tell some guy I don't even know?...I don't even know the offseason (offensive) plans, so why would I say that?..My (expletive) family wasn't even there.." - Chris Russell