Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > Mohican Draft Tribe

DFA: Trends Mock
Old 02-16-2012, 01:10 PM
hR Staff Writer

Default DFA: Trends Mock

Link

Guff on!

The rest of the skins picks:
2nd(via trade): Joe Adams WR Arkansas. Tough burner. Goodbye Moss.
2nd(natural): Bobby Massie OT Ole Miss. Inconsistent, but talented.
3rd(via trade): Brandon Taylor FS LSU. Ballhawk, but smaller then you would like.
3rd(natural): Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt. Ballhawk, but talented. Small tho.
4th: Vick Ballard RB Miss State. One cut and go.
4th(from Oakland): Markus Zusevics OT Iowa. Might be a LG, but good tools.
5th: Tavon Wilson SS Illinois. Good instincts, decent tools.
6th(from Minny): Ladarius Green TE Louisiana-Lafayette. An oversized WR basically.
7th: Art Forst OL Rutgers. Massive with good footwork. Needs a lot of work on technique.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Moderator / 3 PEAT [2010-2011-2012] hR Fantasy NBA Champion

Good stuff,I've been saying Cleveland will beat us to RGIII for months and still believe that will be the case. I'm also starting to think it'll be less likely that Peyton signs here. I like your pick for us at 22, however I dont think Tannenhill lasts past the top 15, we might have to take him at 6 if we want him. I also like Ballard in the 4th, assuming he lasts that long

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

Old 02-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Link

Guff on!

The rest of the skins picks:
3rd(via trade): Brandon Taylor FS LSU. Ballhawk, but smaller then you would like.
6th(from Minny): Ladarius Green TE Louisiana-Lafayette. An oversized WR basically.
7th: Art Forst OL Rutgers. Massive with good footwork. Needs a lot of work on technique.
i think your projected trade really resonates with the way i think it will go.. if we dont move up to get RGIII, Shanahan will move heaven and earth to move down

But that said, there is NO WAY Tannehill lasts to 22, unless he still looks like damaged goods during his pro day workouts.. just as Ponder and Locker moved up exponentially last year, so will Tannehill this year.. i honestly dont see him getting out of the top 10, and i could easily see Shanahan actually taking him at 6, rather than losing him, the way, i think, he lost Locker last year..

if Tannehill distances himself from the rest of the QB's other than the top 2, he will shoot up the boards, even though he is likely to need a year or more to mature into a starter

i also like the pick of Adams and think Shanahan will also find a way to take Rainey somewhere on the third day

Ballard looks like a more consistent version of Torain (not quite as big), and if we take him, it means the end of Hightower as a Redskin.. Ballard reminds me some of Sammie Morris, who has had a long and productive NFL career, without ever being a star

Old 02-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic View Post
Good stuff,I've been saying Cleveland will beat us to RGIII for months and still believe that will be the case. I'm also starting to think it'll be less likely that Peyton signs here. I like your pick for us at 22, however I dont think Tannenhill lasts past the top 15, we might have to take him at 6 if we want him. I also like Ballard in the 4th, assuming he lasts that long
+1

although i am not so sure about Cleveland taking RGIII-- especially if Kolb becomes available.. if Peyton can play, i think Arizona makes a strong play for him and Kolb becomes expendible.. Cleveland will be right there to take him and that will take them out of the running for RGIII.. that would be a more typical move for Holmgren

Old 02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
But that said, there is NO WAY Tannehill lasts to 22, unless he still looks like damaged goods during his pro day workouts.. just as Ponder and Locker moved up exponentially last year, so will Tannehill this year.. i honestly dont see him getting out of the top 10, and i could easily see Shanahan actually taking him at 6, rather than losing him, the way, i think, he lost Locker last year..

if Tannehill distances himself from the rest of the QB's other than the top 2, he will shoot up the boards, even though he is likely to need a year or more to mature into a starter
Tannehill would really have to smoke his pro day to go in the top 30 right now. Foot injuries are very worrisome and will impact his throwing ability until its healed. I don't think his tape at TAMU will be good enough to trade for a top 15 pick.

As for the pick: Meh. Him or Weeden there in this scenario.

Quote:
i think your projected trade really resonates with the way i think it will go.. if we dont move up to get RGIII, Shanahan will move heaven and earth to move down
Chicago really to make a splash. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to move up for Martin or Jeffery.

Quote:
i also like the pick of Adams and think Shanahan will also find a way to take Rainey somewhere on the third day

Ballard looks like a more consistent version of Torain (not quite as big), and if we take him, it means the end of Hightower as a Redskin.. Ballard reminds me some of Sammie Morris, who has had a long and productive NFL career, without ever being a star
I don't see him as much of a power back. But I've always been impressed with him.

Quote:
+1

although i am not so sure about Cleveland taking RGIII-- especially if Kolb becomes available.. if Peyton can play, i think Arizona makes a strong play for him and Kolb becomes expendible.. Cleveland will be right there to take him and that will take them out of the running for RGIII.. that would be a more typical move for Holmgren
Cleveland, imo, has one of two choices: go with a B level option and open it up to a competition between him and McCoy or go all out for an A level option. I don't think Peyton will be in play there. Flynn maybe. Griffin or Joe Webb makes the most sense(and I think Webb is seriously underrated). If they go the Griffin or Flynn route, i could see Shanny in on McCoy.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:56 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Tannehill would really have to smoke his pro day to go in the top 30 right now. Foot injuries are very worrisome and will impact his throwing ability until its healed. I don't think his tape at TAMU will be good enough to trade for a top 15 pick.

I'm not saying I think Tannenhill is worth the 6th pick I'm saying I think he'll go higher like shally referenced just because of the upside and position he plays. A lot of people thought Shanny reached for Cutler trading up to #9 the year he was drafted so I could see us taking him so we didnt miss out. In that scenario either Orton or Rex would be the bridge QB, unless we secretly like Flynn and have just been putting out info to the contrary.

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

Old 02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:

Chicago really to make a splash. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to move up for Martin or Jeffery.

I don't see him as much of a power back. But I've always been impressed with him.

Cleveland, imo, has one of two choices: go with a B level option and open it up to a competition between him and McCoy or go all out for an A level option. I don't think Peyton will be in play there. Flynn maybe. Griffin or Joe Webb makes the most sense(and I think Webb is seriously underrated). If they go the Griffin or Flynn route, i could see Shanny in on McCoy.
i cant see Shanahan going after McCoy.. Too small and not mobile enough. Limited arms strength

If we dont go after Peyton we will go after the best qb after Luck/RGIII in draft...

Old 02-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Grumpy Old Man

[quote=NCskinsfanatic;1430044]
Quote:

I'm not saying I think Tannenhill is worth the 6th pick I'm saying I think he'll go higher like shally referenced just because of the upside and position he plays. A lot of people thought Shanny reached for Cutler trading up to #9 the year he was drafted so I could see us taking him so we didnt miss out. In that scenario either Orton or Rex would be the bridge QB, unless we secretly like Flynn and have just been putting out info to the contrary.
after seeing guys like Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick and Locker ALL go much higher than anyone really expected, why would anyone think there wont be at least 1 or 2 more guys who end up in the first round this year ??

as you said, the importance of the position dictates this.. the question is noth WHETHER this happens, but WHO the guy or guys are

Old 02-16-2012, 03:46 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:

If any 2nd tier QB is going to go high, it'll probably be Weeden imo.

Quote:
i cant see Shanahan going after McCoy.. Too small and not mobile enough. Limited arms strength

Bootlegger, UT connection with Kyyle, cheap....

Old 02-16-2012, 04:22 PM

[quote=shally;1430047]
Quote:

after seeing guys like Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick and Locker ALL go much higher than anyone really expected, why would anyone think there wont be at least 1 or 2 more guys who end up in the first round this year ??

as you said, the importance of the position dictates this.. the question is noth WHETHER this happens, but WHO the guy or guys are
I wouldnt be upset with Tannenhill, 6 is a little high but if we sign Orton, have a good free agency and plug holes because we keep our picks It could help us in the long run. Id still prefer Flynn on a modest deal and then Tannenhill at 6 than Orton but seems like our FO disagrees on Flynn lol.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Grumpy Old Man

[quote=NCskinsfanatic;1430050]
Quote:

I wouldnt be upset with Tannenhill, 6 is a little high but if we sign Orton, have a good free agency and plug holes because we keep our picks It could help us in the long run. Id still prefer Flynn on a modest deal and then Tannenhill at 6 than Orton but seems like our FO disagrees on Flynn lol.
let's put it this way.. if Tannehill turns out to be THE guy we have needed for 2 decades, then the 6th pick is cheap to solve this problem

doinking around and trading back just to get another position player is beyond foolish.. too much risk that some other team sees through this ruse and steals Shanahan's lunch money.. then where are we, besides playing next year for the rights to draft Barkely ??

we either have to sell the farm to move up and get RGIII (still my favorite option) or decide whether or not Tannehill or anyone else is worthy of being the starter for us.. if NO ONE is, and we cant move up, then dont force the pick, but trade back as many times as we can and build the lines, add skilled players, sign someone like Orton and plan to sell the farm and the farm house and the mineral rights to go after NEXT DRAFT's best qb

Old 02-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Chief

I don't know about weeden,his stock is dropping faster than tory black in a men's locker room.

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 02-16-2012, 06:00 PM

[quote=shally;1430052]
Quote:

let's put it this way.. if Tannehill turns out to be THE guy we have needed for 2 decades, then the 6th pick is cheap to solve this problem

doinking around and trading back just to get another position player is beyond foolish.. too much risk that some other team sees through this ruse and steals Shanahan's lunch money.. then where are we, besides playing next year for the rights to draft Barkely ??

we either have to sell the farm to move up and get RGIII (still my favorite option) or decide whether or not Tannehill or anyone else is worthy of being the starter for us.. if NO ONE is, and we cant move up, then dont force the pick, but trade back as many times as we can and build the lines, add skilled players, sign someone like Orton and plan to sell the farm and the farm house and the mineral rights to go after NEXT DRAFT's best qb

I agree and I too want RGIII but If there's the thought that it'll take too much to outbid Cleveland then we have to do the next best thing, which imo is draft a guy like Tannenhill and sign a better QB than Rex to start until he's ready. I think if Tannenhill could be the guy in a year or so and Cleveland goes all in with #4 and #22 you take him at 6, he has all the intangibles that Shanny wants in a QB. Flynn, then Orton(in that order) should be our targets in Free Agency if it seems unlikely we can land RGIII.

Imo we cant do it all in free agency though, despite the free cap space I think we need another draft equal to last years to build a team that can win as many or more games then they lose. Our 2nd rounder, our 3rd and two 4ths can go along way towards improving the talent of this team. Tannenhill at 6 works if you attack free agency knowing you'll need an upgrade to Rex and any spots that you dont feell like you can fill with picks in rounds 2-4.

While I want RGIII, If Clevelands interested, he'd likely cost us our 1st 2nd, one of our 4ths and a 2013 pick or two. Then you really have to get everything else of need in free agency... I think we've seen you cant get everything else in free agency. If Cleveland isnt in maybe our chances increase but if there's a QB that can be your guy long term after a year on the bench then do the sensible thing and dont sell the farm. And while I like Foles and Weeden Im not sure either has what Tannenhill has.

Last edited by NCskinsfanatic : 02-16-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Warrior

Quote:
I also feel this way. If the skins do not take Tannenhill at 6 Miami will. Tannenhill is not the 6th best player but with all the QB hype that will starts next week at the NFL carbines there is a premium you pay for a QB now days.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:21 AM
Sentinel

Quote:
Link

Guff on!

*The rest of the skins picks:
IF this were to happen, Im not sure Id be terribly upset about it. I dont think Id be excited either. Peyton HEALTHY is interesting, but thats not the case. Tannehill looks good on paper until you get to the fact that he's played WR more than he's played QB in college.

I just cannot wrap my head around the Browns picking RGIII, much less moving up to get him. They have a chance to get two solid #1 guys to build their team, and Colt was serviceable in a new offense last year. The whole team stunk, not just Colt. The Browns boards are filled with hopes for Richardson, Claiborne, or Blackmon, NOT RGIII (unless he falls to them at 4 they would re-consider)

*Sometimes I think you just pick names out of a hat and make up positions, LOL, Ive never heard of any of these guys.