Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Washington Redskins prepared to part with two first-round picks and more for St. Loui
Old 02-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Warrior

Default Washington Redskins prepared to part with two first-round picks and more for St. Loui

This comes from the WP. Let the madness begin.

Washington Redskins prepared to part with two first-round picks and more for St. Louis Rams’ No. 2 spot in the draft

The Washington Redskins are prepared to part with two first-round draft picks, plus other selections in the early and middle rounds, to secure the St. Louis Rams’ No. 2 pick in April’s draft and land Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III, according to people with knowledge of the situation.

The Rams are said to be seeking compensation similar to what the San Diego Chargers received from the New York Giants in exchange for Eli Manning in 2004. That year, the Chargers drafted Manning first overall. The Giants sent their fourth overall pick, the following year’s first-round pick, and their 2004 third- and fifth-round picks to San Diego for the quarterback who has since led New York to two Super Bowl victories.

Link http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...hCgR_blog.html

Old 02-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Comanchero

Sounds good to me. A complete package QB like Luck or RGII comes around maybe every three years. The Skins are in competition with one other team and that's it. You don't play coy. You let the Rams know that you are willing to put it all on the table.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Warrior

I just saw this in another post. Feel free to close it or move it.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Hunter

I am kewl with a swap this year next years 1st a 3rd and a 5th. Also would offer the deal to the Rams and say you have a week to accept it after that the deal is off the table.

At the #2 your guranteed to see Luck or RG3. Both of whom I would give the picks up for. 1st and 3rd this year 1st and 5th next year.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Runner

I think this is a bad idea, for one BIG reason. RGIII, is a runner, he will always be a runner. Any QB with 4.4 speed, or 4.38 depending on timer, is gonna want to run. Any running QB in this league is destined for a short injury filled career. RGIII will never be great, although he may provide for some spectacular highlights on ESPN.......please see Randal Cunningham. Pass.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Code Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
I think this is a bad idea, for one BIG reason. RGIII, is a runner, he will always be a runner. Any QB with 4.4 speed, or 4.38 depending on timer, is gonna want to run. Any running QB in this league is destined for a short injury filled career. RGIII will never be great, although he may provide for some spectacular highlights on ESPN.......please see Randal Cunningham. Pass.
D. McNabb was a runner and had 10 solid years. Steve Young was a runner and had a long career. Cunningham's problem wasn't that he was a runner but it was his long wind up. RGIII seems to have a nice combination of speed, short enough wind up and accuracy. Which is important because once his athleticism goes he can be an affective passer like Young was.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Firebuilder

Quote:

you ever seen him play? seems like ignorant commentary by an individual that hasn't watched him much. Yes he happens to be fast but no he's not a runner....he lingers in the pocket...often too long ala Big Ben to extend plays and if absolutely necessary then yes he'll eventually run... I'd be more worried about him being abused in the pocket trying to extend plays in the nfl

Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Comanchero

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here:

I'd do something similar to what Atlanta traded to Cleveland last year...

Skins get
2nd overall pick (2012)

Rams get:
6th overall pick (2012)
3rd round pick (2012)
Natural 4th round pick (2012)
1st round pick (2013)
4th round pick (2013)

Old 02-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Aaron Rogers is also considered a running QB and is doing just fine. Honestly, we are in the post-Vick error of evaluating QB's and scouts aren't looking at guys who just run and can't pass. RGIII is not a gimmick. You could take his speed away and he would still be a top QB pick just on his passing skills.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Healer

Quote:
WOW!!! Do you have the wining lottery #'s too, since you can now predict the future? Clearly you haven't watched him play at all, because he looks to pass 1st, run when neccessary.

CRAZY!!!
A man that possesses character can do anything…53 men that are working towards the same goal and who all possess character is an unstoppable force! Give me “blue-collar” players with character, and I will give you a Lombardi in return!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Shaman

I got a feeling with Holmgrens ties to the Packers he's gonna make a play for Flynn. I think the Dolphins may end up being our main competitors.

The package Skaggrules posted sounds about what might happen. The bidding for RGIII could get crazy if you believe the hype being spun the Rams could be just juicing the market.

We are the splash team this sorta thing is up our alley.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Code Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogs86 View Post
This comes from the WP. Let the madness begin.

Washington Redskins prepared to part with two first-round picks and more for St. Louis Rams’ No. 2 spot in the draft

The Washington Redskins are prepared to part with two first-round draft picks, plus other selections in the early and middle rounds, to secure the St. Louis Rams’ No. 2 pick in April’s draft and land Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III, according to people with knowledge of the situation.

The Rams are said to be seeking compensation similar to what the San Diego Chargers received from the New York Giants in exchange for Eli Manning in 2004. That year, the Chargers drafted Manning first overall. The Giants sent their fourth overall pick, the following year’s first-round pick, and their 2004 third- and fifth-round picks to San Diego for the quarterback who has since led New York to two Super Bowl victories.

Link http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...hCgR_blog.html

Thats a little misleading as one of the first picks is merely a swap of pick #2 and pick # 6 in round 1. So it is 1 first round pick and some middle round picks to move up. From what I heard on NFl Radio yesterday the Browns want to sign Matt Flynn and likely will not be a factor in moving up.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Code Talker

Quote:
Randal had a very good career with lots of victories. Would you rather keep watching the drek we've been putting up with for the last 15 years ? Furthermore I doubt RG3 gets caught from behind by Anthony Spencer.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:28 AM
Code Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin-E-Dip View Post
Aaron Rogers is also considered a running QB and is doing just fine. Honestly, we are in the post-Vick error of evaluating QB's and scouts aren't looking at guys who just run and can't pass. RGIII is not a gimmick. You could take his speed away and he would still be a top QB pick just on his passing skills.
+1, you hit the nail on the head. Running QBs were just that a gimmick. Like Tim Tebow today and what is funny the Broncos didn't even try to hide that he is a gimmick. However defenses eventually adjust to gimmicks and those type QBs only have a few year run. RG111 is no gimmick, he has all the tools and when his athleticism starts to dwindle he will still have his smarts, arm strength and accuracy to carry him for a few extra years. I like this kid, I hope we get him. Even if we don't I will be rooting for him, because he seems like a good person and will be exciting to watch.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Code Talker

I hate parting with the picks. In the end I doubt it will be as much as we think. But from a pure marketing standpoint the pick makes sense. I watch the games on the Directv. What I notice is a fair amount of empty seats. And it seems like when we play teams that aren't that far away there are just as many visiting teams fans as there are Redskin fans. Particularly when we play the Eagles. We look like we are a floundering frachise. Someone like RG3 could straighten all that out.