Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Redskins may pursue free agents Vincent Jackson, Pierre Garcon and Marques Colston in
Old 02-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Warrior

Default Redskins may pursue free agents Vincent Jackson, Pierre Garcon and Marques Colston in

So what wr would you take out of the three?

Redskins may pursue free agents Vincent Jackson, Pierre Garcon and Marques Colston in the hunt for an impact WR

The Washington Redskins are making plans to add a high-profile wide receiver in an NFL free agent market that has them in abundance, according to several people familiar with the team’s deliberations.

Most of the speculation about the Redskins’ planned offseason retooling has focused on their strategy to upgrade at quarterback. But offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan has publicly acknowledged the team’s need for a big-play wide receiver, and people with knowledge of the team’s plans say they appear to be focusing on the free agent market, which opens March 13, rather than the draft, for that player.

Link http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...gTiR_blog.html

Old 02-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Shaman

This year's WR draft class is about as deep as we have seen for years. Would prefer that route, this is more evidence that RG3 is the plan.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Papoose

Garcon is interesting. Seems like a high character, hard working player that wont be a problem in the locker room. Younger than the other two and can haul in all those deep throws from RG3!

Old 02-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Healer

Garcon rejected a 5 year 35 mill contract from Indy. I would not even pay him that much...

Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Papoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMaViSd View Post
Garcon rejected a 5 year 35 mill contract from Indy. I would not even pay him that much...
+1

Agreed. Thats alot for a WR who might only put up big numbers when a Peyton Manning is throwing him the ball. I like him but not for 7 mil year.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou2144 View Post
+1

Agreed. Thats alot for a WR who might only put up big numbers when a Peyton Manning is throwing him the ball. I like him but not for 7 mil year.
Incorrect.

He put up his best numbers when Manning wasn't in the line-up. But still, he hasn't even had a 1,000 yard season. No reason to give him that much money.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Chief

Quote:
Garcon is interesting. Seems like a high character, hard working player that wont be a problem in the locker room. Younger than the other two and can haul in all those deep throws from RG3!
Has'nt he been injured frequently? I Like colston a lot better,but garcon may be a better wr.in no way do i want vincent jackson.we don't or are not gonna have the draft picks to take a rookie wr.hank,and the young wrs should learn a lot from a vet like colston or garcon.

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 02-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Runner

I would like Dwayne Bowe if KC doesn't Franchise him, Next would be Marques Colston. I would stay away from V Jax just becuase he is the oldest of the lot comming out and I dont trust him once he gets his payday. I would try to go younger of the available Free Agent WR as possible if RGIII is the plan, and if RGIII is the plan then a WR will have to be accomplished thru Free Agency.

On another note If you do land a Dwayne Bowe or Marquest Colsten do you try and move Santana Moss either via Trade or cut him to save cap room. It would seem to me if you had a Colston or Bowe and kept Jabar Gaffney then Moss becomes a pretty expensive Slot Reciever plus you hope Hankerson comes back healty from the Hip Surgery. Wouldnt you move or cut him to have cap space for to pay for said WR or go after OL. I am not a Capologist so I dont know the impact... Thoughts?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Papoose

Would love to get Bowe! He would be 1st choice but he prob doesnt leave KC.

Bowe
Hank
Gaffney
Moss

Paul
Austin

I could live with that!!

Old 02-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru77 View Post
I would like Dwayne Bowe if KC doesn't Franchise him, Next would be Marques Colston. I would stay away from V Jax just becuase he is the oldest of the lot comming out and I dont trust him once he gets his payday. I would try to go younger of the available Free Agent WR as possible if RGIII is the plan, and if RGIII is the plan then a WR will have to be accomplished thru Free Agency.

On another note If you do land a Dwayne Bowe or Marquest Colsten do you try and move Santana Moss either via Trade or cut him to save cap room. It would seem to me if you had a Colston or Bowe and kept Jabar Gaffney then Moss becomes a pretty expensive Slot Reciever plus you hope Hankerson comes back healty from the Hip Surgery. Wouldnt you move or cut him to have cap space for to pay for said WR or go after OL. I am not a Capologist so I dont know the impact... Thoughts?
I think by getting Colston it makes Moss much more dangerous as a slot receiver. It would take a lot of pressure off him defensively especially if Hank comes back.

With a core containing Colston, Hank, Moss, Gaff as your main 4, we are setup pretty well. That's not including if we pick up another vet.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Shaman

I think Garcon could be like Santana was before he got here a wr on the come up young and explosive on the verge of being the man.

I'd throw money at him. he can catch 70 balls for just under a thousand yards with the crap he had at qb bodes well for his future. I say we get in with him now.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Healer

If they're going for a FA WR then skip those guys and get Mike Wallace from Pitt. He's young and has quietly put up incredible numbers, plus he's never had a significant injury.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Chief

Quote:
+1

Put up career high numbers with Dan Orlovsky, Curtis Painter and a cardboard cutout of Kerry Collins at QB.

Quote:
If they're going for a FA WR then skip those guys and get Mike Wallace from Pitt. He's young and has quietly put up incredible numbers, plus he's never had a significant injury.
He's an RFA so he would cost significant draft picks that we most likely won't have, and even if we do wouldn't be worth the price he'd cost. No thanks.

Last edited by BigCountry : 02-29-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru77 View Post

we have tons of cap room for once, and if we use it up hopefully we've carried over the unused cap space from last year as league rules permit, and it wouldnt be that hard to clear some room via cuts or restructures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMaViSd View Post
That's not including if we pick up another vet.
im thinking eddie royal could be a possibility since shanahan drafted him in denver and they seem content to let him walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Mike Wallace is restricted. they're not going to just let him walk away. at the minimum they will tender him with a 1st round compensation. he is worth a 1st rounder, some team could be willing to give that up for him and sign him to an insanely expensive offer sheet that pittsburgh refuses to match, there are no more poison pills to use because the new CBA prohibits it. at the very least the steelers should franchise tag him, but they are cap strapped and have been restructuring deals like crazy to get under the cap, which now could be lower than the $120 million originally expected. in which case, no team is going to give up 2 first round picks for mike wallace. the best case scenario for the steelers is to sign him to a long term deal now for a cap number significantly lower the the franchise tender would be. and then next season they get to go through this all over again with their other two young talented WRs, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders(of course they probably wont be considered worth 1st rounders by other teams)...but thats another reason they will probably sign him long term.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Colston had micro fracture surgery on a knee last year.. He STILL had career best numbers.. but it is a red flag for the future

Would be fine with Garcon..VJax is 1 strike from a years suspension