Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 03-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Schefter says skins still after Peyton Manning. Who to the what now?
Manning will NEVER come here after we just traded away those kind of resources he would be looking to build around himself and win now.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Comanchero

Couldn't be happier. For the first time in decades, we have the potential of have a franchise QB. Tonight I go to sleep a happy man.

Let the free agent frenzy begin

Old 03-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanouel8 View Post
Manning will NEVER come here after we just all those resources to build around a win now program that he's looking to join.
agree.. we need the free cap money to provide a team around RGIII

Old 03-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
or the Best

seriously, the worst Redskin draft trade was the one where Gibbs screwed the team royally by trading up to draft that minature receiver from Michigan who was never more than a returner (he was good at that)

you cannot overcome poor qb play.. if you have a good one, you are competitve every year.. look what Manning brought to the Colts
+1 If you are going to pay what the Redskins did it better be for a QB that you feel has "it" if they are right this will be a footnote in the history of a great redskins QB if not you go down in flames, but you know what it takes a brass set of balls to go all in like this and frankly I respect the hell out of it.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Runner

I am just shocked that so many of you now believe that we have a franchise QB in RGIII, who has not taken a single snap in the NFL. We just paid a historic price for an unproven talent. We couldve signed Flynn and built for the future, but we have now traded away the future. The atomic option. If this doesn't work it sets this franchise back 10 years or more. All in on a rookie QB........not good, not good at all.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Papoose

I don't post often but I do read the forums a lot. I am totally excited about this move. And I laugh at the people complaining. The word was that Manning wasn't likely to come here, which left RG3 is the most viable option. If we had let the Browns or some other team sweep in and take him, we would be left with nothing but leftovers and those same people would be complaining that we didn't do everything we could to acquire a game changing QB. For the past 20 years I've been dreaming about having one of the ELITE QBs in the league wearing a Redskins uniform and this is our closest chance. I don't care what we had to give up. If he is a franchise guy, hes worth it.
"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."
-1 Peter 2:9-10

Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Shaman

Okay we get RGIII. maybe get Nicks, grab Vjax, maybe Royal, we have to almost exclusively shop now maybe Tracey Porter at cb, another lb.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Banned

I'm still worried the deal is in principle with so many other teams interested. Is there a chance one of the other teams one-ups us before tuesday? How common or rare is that?

Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Ghost Dancer

if nothing else this prevents manning from even trying to use us as a bargaining chip. i still want to know what else we gave up if albert breers report is correct. im not sure it could be fred davis, since his tag isnt signed, and cant be signed because the league doesnt know the cap number yet or something like that. maybe santana moss?

Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru77 View Post
+1 If you are going to pay what the Redskins did it better be for a QB that you feel has "it" if they are right this will be a footnote in the history of a great redskins QB if not you go down in flames, but you know what it takes a brass set of balls to go all in like this and frankly I respect the hell out of it.
You respect that our favorite team just mortgaged its entire future on a QB PROSPECT that hasnt taken a single snap? Really? This is not ballsy, its madness, crazy, crazy. This is a Cerrato like move.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru77 View Post
Could have not said it better myself.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
+1 looking for the next Elway.. it is either his ticket to Canton or his pink slip in the making.. nothing half way..ALL IN.. he is also rolling the dice on KYYYYLes career as well.. if RGIII makes the offense look good, junior will be a head coach in 3-4 years.. if he flops he sucks them all down the drain
Not thrilled with the prospect that Kyle will be headcoach anytime soon. Shanny is not on this island alone Snyder is giddy with the idea he can sell RGIII to the fanbase, the jersey's, ticket sales. Snyder's arm wasn't twisted with this move at all.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneagin View Post
I don't post often but I do read the forums a lot. I am totally excited about this move. And I laugh at the people complaining. The word was that Manning wasn't likely to come here, which left RG3 is the most viable option. If we had let the Browns or some other team sweep in and take him, we would be left with nothing but leftovers and those same people would be complaining that we didn't do everything we could to acquire a game changing QB. For the past 20 years I've been dreaming about having one of the ELITE QBs in the league wearing a Redskins uniform and this is our closest chance. I don't care what we had to give up. If he is a franchise guy, hes worth it.
HOW IS RG3 AN ELITE QB WHEN HE HAS NEVER EVER TAKEN A SNAP IN THE NFL? Is Vick an elite QB.....Nope. We just traded our future for a young Mike Vick. Im sorry folks, Im upset and Im venting. Im sorry Im raining on your parade, but its like watching a freaking car accident.

hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_awake View Post
I'm still worried the deal is in principle with so many other teams interested. Is there a chance one of the other teams one-ups us before tuesday? How common or rare is that?
So the skins get Luck? And the price for that #1 pick will be higher now.

Warrior

3 first round picks???? My god this is way worse than the Ditka trade. Is Vinny secretly working for this team still? This is lame on so many leavels. Im sorry no one let alone a guy that has never played in the NFL is worth this. No one.