Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 03-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanburgerBum View Post
I think any misgivings about Luck's on-field abilities are not well-placed. Luck may not be a total freak like RG, but he is no slouch when it comes to athleticism. Luck is more athletic than probably 90% of the QBs playing in the NFL now. If Luck turns out to be our draftee instead of RG, there wouldn't be any significant difference in how the Skins should rebuild around the QB.
It's been stated several times, but people keep missing the fact that Luck's combine number were similar to Cam Newton's, who's a physical freak himself. Plus he can tackle.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Chief

Honestly I think you thank whoever it is that you pray to and follow it up with a dance. Nothing wrong with RG3 whatsoever but as great a prospect as he is, Luck is better. That being said, nobody here will be changing their avatar anytime soon.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Hunter

It would be one of the biggest mistakes in Colt's history if they drafted RGIII over Luck. It would also be the happiest day of my life.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess88 View Post
It's been stated several times, but people keep missing the fact that Luck's combine number were similar to Cam Newton's, who's a physical freak himself. Plus he can tackle.

Totally agree that Luck is the total package when it comes to on-field considerations. But, I still prefer RG, because I have some off-the-field concerns about Luck. Admittedly, those concerns are not based upon anything concrete. It is just when the Skins have invested so much to acquire the franchise QB, every little thing worries me.

I have this nagging idea that Luck is great at football but he may not love the game 1,000% like I want my QB to. Does Luck live and breathe football and want to play it for 20 years? Or, does he just want to play for 7 years, earn big bucks and suddenly find a new calling in life? If we end up getting Luck, I hope my concerns are totally misplaced.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Healer

Quote:
Totally agree that Luck is the total package when it comes to on-field considerations. But, I still prefer RG, because I have some off-the-field concerns about Luck. Admittedly, those concerns are not based upon anything concrete. It is just when the Skins have invested so much to acquire the franchise QB, every little thing worries me.

I have this nagging idea that Luck is great at football but he may not love the game 1,000% like I want my QB to. Does Luck live and breathe football and want to play it for 20 years? Or, does he just want to play for 7 years, earn big bucks and suddenly find a new calling in life? If we end up getting Luck, I hope my concerns are totally misplaced.
Sounds like you need a drink.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
I honestly would rather have Luck.
AND I just hope the hype around RGIII keeps building. Already heard rumors that there are rumblings going on in the Colts war-room.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Ghost Dancer

My crystal ball says... If the Colts take RGIII, we take Luck.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnpegSkinsFan View Post
I think anyone who thinks otherwise needs to re-evaluate their position.
Well, maybe I need to re-evaluate, but I'd rather have Griffin. He's clearly got a higher upside than Luck, due to his athleticism, and he's every bit as smart and mature as Luck. He didn't get to play behind a great offensive line with a power-running game. Luck really didn't have to throw the ball that much. He was frequently well set up for play-action passes because Stanford would run-run-run-run-pass a lot. I'm still curious about the knee brace Luck wore most of last season as well.

Anyway, give me Griffin at this point, and I'll be pretty happy.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Scalper

Zero chance the Colts take RG3. The second half of the season the Colts endured the "Suck for Luck" controversy. The Colts just cut their franchise QB who is a first ballot hall of famer. Colts fans have come to acceptance with this decision because they know they are drafting Andrew Luck. He is without a doubt one of the best QB prospects to come around. Not to mention, he has been regarded as a NFL franchise QB for three years. Any other decision would question the franchise's decision to release Manning. Furthermore, drafting RG3 would make everyone question why the Colts did not try to leverage the first overall pick in the draft to acquire future picks. The Colts are going to draft Luck unless he is committed of a felony crime or is seriously injured before the draft takes place.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:

I have this feeling both RGIII and Luck are going to quit football during their rookie seasons and pursue careers as Broadway set designers. It's not based on anything concrete, but it has me concerned.

So because of that I prefer we take Tannehill with the second pick.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
I have this feeling both RGIII and Luck are going to quit football during their rookie seasons and pursue careers as Broadway set designers. It's not based on anything concrete, but it has me concerned.

So because of that I prefer we take Tannehill with the second pick.

I know you don't take seriously the thought that everything may not go as smoothly as Luck and RG going 1 and 2. And, I hope you are right.

But, I have a friend who is an Indy fan. He is serious that there are rumors that not everything is as it appears at first blush. These rumors say that Luck's father has made absurd demands on the Colts regarding who Indy's QB coach should be. And, that the Colts may just want to ship that problem to Wash by taking RG. That would normally be fine. But, the rumors also say Luck has expressed misgivings about playing for a dysfunctional franchise like the Redskins.

When Wash has invested so much to acquire the No. 2 pick, I worry about everything.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Shaman

I think its possible that Luck may not ever become a great qb. The team he is being drafted into is horrible abolutely terrible on both sides of the ball. He's gonna have alot of burden placed on his shoulders without much of a supporting cast.

While RGIII is much more situated to having success our cupoard is half stocked defensively we are middling to good and offensively we do have some pieces. If RGIII can make plays and avoid a bunch of turnovers we have a chance to be really respectale even in his rookie season. If Rex wasn't so terrible we'd have been 8-8 last season.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
I think its possible that Luck may not ever become a great qb. The team he is being drafted into is horrible abolutely terrible on both sides of the ball. He's gonna have alot of burden placed on his shoulders without much of a supporting cast.

While RGIII is much more situated to having success our cupoard is half stocked defensively we are middling to good and offensively we do have some pieces. If RGIII can make plays and avoid a bunch of turnovers we have a chance to be really respectale even in his rookie season. If Rex wasn't so terrible we'd have been 8-8 last season.
a very solid point.. still, Luck is a lot more athletic than people give him credit for.. his times at the combine were really impressive.

i could see Oliver Luck trying stuff with some coaches, but not with a coach that has the rep that Shanahan does.. Not when you have guys like Steve Young and elway singing your praises

i think that Luck has the mental capacity to adjust to the pro game very quickly.. he will do just fine.. i dont think any way we can lose with either one

Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Chief

If the Colts take RGIII, then we still get a damn good QB...can't lose..

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....
May his peace be with you till we meet again my friend.

Amen

-Eric

Always count your blessings.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...1.jpg&newest=1

Old 03-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
i could see Oliver Luck trying stuff with some coaches, but not with a coach that has the rep that Shanahan does.. Not when you have guys like Steve Young and elway singing your praises
Steve who? Which Elway? They don't read enough message boards because Shanahan is clearly a below-average coach now. Check out the approval thread.