Old 03-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Redskin View Post
Impressive article by someone respected as a talent evaluator. He makes it clear who he thinks is better when he says:

"The bottom line in my 5 game film evaluation: Griffin is a superior arm talent and natural passer than Luck. Will he be a better NFL quarterback? We’ll find out soon enough."
Impressive article? It depends on what/who you want to believe on both camps.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Scalper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribeinca View Post
Impressive article? It depends on what/who you want to believe on both camps.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I enjoyed the review by Cosell and it helps shape my view of the two prospects. I don't think it is far fetched to say opinions by Greg Cosell is impressive. He is considered one of the most knowledgeable and trusted football analysts out there.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Great Spirit

Anybody catch Luck on Gruden's QB Camp show last night? The guy is a basically a 6-4, 235-pound football nerd. He doesn't have much in the way of charisma, but he seems preposterously gifted when it comes to Xs and Os.

Really, really wish we were getting him.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Healer

A little perspective on Luck vs. RGIII:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-it-for-years/

Old 04-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Sachem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
The guy is a basically a 6-4, 235-pound football nerd. He doesn't have much in the way of charisma, but he seems preposterously gifted when it comes to Xs and Os.
This is kind of a right-field analogy, but he reminds me of JD from the Howard Stern show. He's kind of a silly "Gee, shucks" kind of guy who at his core is some sort of genius.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Great Spirit

Wilbon said today "insiders" with the Colts told him Indy is still looking at RGIII, because some experts are telling them Luck is the second-best pocket passer.

(He also called McNabb to congratulate him for having the "guts" to rip the Skins and then Wilbon compared the Skins to to Wizards, in that they are "The Worst." F Wilbon.)

Old 04-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Chief

Quote:
Anybody catch Luck on Gruden's QB Camp show last night? The guy is a basically a 6-4, 235-pound football nerd. He doesn't have much in the way of charisma, but he seems preposterously gifted when it comes to Xs and Os.

Really, really wish we were getting him.
Luck acts like a weird goofy dude.he looks like he should be a lumberjack on AX MEN,not a future nfl qb.

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 04-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
Luck acts like a weird goofy dude.he looks like he should be a lumberjack on AX MEN,not a future nfl qb.
Yeah so does Roethlisberger and he has 2 rings. I just care what the win loss column looks like and not so much how he looks like in a nike commercial.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanouel8 View Post
Yeah so does Roethlisberger and he has 2 rings. I just care what the win loss column looks like and not so much how he looks like in a nike commercial.
Hopefully Luck is less "rapey" than Big Ben.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Spirit

Only time will tell if Luck is better than RGIII. I remember when we had HUGE threads about whether to take Sean Taylor or Winslow II (TE).

I don't think we can go wrong with either QB as long as the team uses its draft picks for the OL THIS YEAR. Uses it's remaining cap money to keep Fletcher and hire a good OG or OT.

We hired McKnabbster because they thought his scrambling skills would make up for a weak line. Don't make the same mistake with Luck OR RGIII.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:

(He also called McNabb to congratulate him for having the "guts" to rip the Skins and then Wilbon compared the Skins to to Wizards, in that they are "The Worst." F Wilbon.)
I think in the last 15 years the Wizards have been to the playoffs more than the Redskins. The Comparison isn't that far off.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
I think in the last 15 years the Wizards have been to the playoffs more than the Redskins. The Comparison isn't that far off.
Not making the playoffs and being one of the two or three worse teams in the league are very different things.

Regardless, such criticism would hold more weight with me if it came from somebody who still actually covers football.

RG III declines Colts request for private workout
Old 04-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Warrior

Default RG III declines Colts request for private workout

This *might* mean he prefers the Redskins. But it also means the Colts were somewhat serious about considering him for the top pick.

I would be really happy with either but I admit it would be a mild disappointment if we did not get RGIII, just from a perspective of some guy who is less "vanilla" as a personality (no racial pun intended).

“A Luck private workout 2day..we want 2b as thorough n disciplined n process of #1 pick..we wanted 2do private with RG3,but his agent said no,” Irsay tweeted Tuesday morning.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...otball-insider

Old 04-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskinfan View Post
This *might* mean he prefers the Redskins. But it also means the Colts were somewhat serious about considering him for the top pick.

I would be really happy with either but I admit it would be a mild disappointment if we did not get RGIII, just from a perspective of some guy who is less "vanilla" as a personality (no racial pun intended).

“A Luck private workout 2day..we want 2b as thorough n disciplined n process of #1 pick..we wanted 2do private with RG3,but his agent said no,” Irsay tweeted Tuesday morning.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...otball-insider
I personally don't give a crap about the personality of our next QB (so long as he's not a character risk). that is for selling jerseys. I want our next QB to deliver wins. Period.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnpegSkinsFan View Post
I personally don't give a crap about the personality of our next QB (so long as he's not a character risk). that is for selling jerseys. I want our next QB to deliver wins. Period.
I get your point here, but I think in DC the "off the field" intangibles matter A LOT. This media will twist words, put one guy against another, and ask the same question 10 different ways in the blink of an eye.

Being charismatic, likable, well spoken, and talented are all relevant for the next QB of the Washington Redskins.