Old 04-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Great Spirit

Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Pretty much a waste of time after Irsay's tweet the other day.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 04-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar703 View Post
Pretty much a waste of time after Irsay's tweet the other day.
I'd think less of the Skins if they didn't do their due diligence.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
I'd think less of the Skins if they didn't do their due diligence.
What due diligence is there left to do?? Both Luck & RGIII have been studied and interviewed to death. If the skins don't know each prospect by now I'd be worried.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnpegSkinsFan View Post
What due diligence is there left to do?? Both Luck & RGIII have been studied and interviewed to death. If the skins don't know each prospect by now I'd be worried.
Have the Skins met privately with Luck other than the 15 minutes they give you at the combine? When has this "to death" stuff taken place?

Old 04-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Chief Moderator

Well, they had the biggest trade in history "to get one of the top 2 QBs in the draft". Even if Indy is 99.9% they are taking Luck, it doesn't hurt to speak with the guy 2nd on their draft board. ;-)

Old 04-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
Well, they had the biggest trade in history "to get one of the top 2 QBs in the draft". Even if Indy is 99.9% they are taking Luck, it doesn't hurt to speak with the guy 2nd on their draft board. ;-)
+1

If I gave up that many draft picks I'd probably stalk paperazzi style on those guys.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Code Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
Also good for ratings on Draft night. I think we all know Luck goes # 1 and RG3 goes # 2 but it's much better for ratings is there is some suspense. My favorite is when the team that picks first takes their full 15 minutes to execute a pick they had months to think about.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Runner

Obviously, both would be great for us..... No matter what, we're getting a franchinse QB. However, I would much RATHER RGIII, for a few reasons. He would be a great fit for our system; He wants us and we want him; and he's just an overall good guy.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimike View Post
Also good for ratings on Draft night. I think we all know Luck goes # 1 and RG3 goes # 2 but it's much better for ratings is there is some suspense. My favorite is when the team that picks first takes their full 15 minutes to execute a pick they had months to think about.
Irsay is enjoying all the attention stringing this out gets him. He could have a contract in place with either Luck or Griffin in 5 minutes, if he wanted. Instead, he's making a big deal about evaluating a prospect that has been a sure-thing for 2 years.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergiemoore View Post
Irsay is enjoying all the attention stringing this out gets him. He could have a contract in place with either Luck or Griffin in 5 minutes, if he wanted. Instead, he's making a big deal about evaluating a prospect that has been a sure-thing for 2 years.

Maybe Irsay is just stalling in order to bask in the attention of the sports media, but I think he is smart to be doing exactly what he is doing.

What is there to be gained by deciding early and signing one of the two QBs now? By waiting, Irsay eliminates the possibility (albeit small) of something disastrous happening to the QB he chose. What if one of the following things happens to one of Luck or RG the next two weeks:

1. A serious accident that throws in doubt his football career.
2. Someone discovering a significant skeleton in the closet.
3. Discovering a life-threatening disease (similar to what happened to Ernie Davis).

Old 04-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanburgerBum View Post
Maybe Irsay is just stalling in order to bask in the attention of the sports media, but I think he is smart to be doing exactly what he is doing.

What is there to be gained by deciding early and signing one of the two QBs now? By waiting, Irsay eliminates the possibility (albeit small) of something disastrous happening to the QB he chose. What if one of the following things happens to one of Luck or RG the next two weeks:

1. A serious accident that throws in doubt his football career.
2. Someone discovering a significant skeleton in the closet.
3. Discovering a life-threatening disease (similar to what happened to Ernie Davis).
No question on his prudence, just his ridiculous twitter feed.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Chief

wonder what chance there is we also take the other robert griffin? I'm talking about Robert T. Griffin, aka, "RG2,'' "Deuce,'' or "Big Griff,''.SI says he'll end up undrafted,should be look at him? could help RG3 a lot.who knows?

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

RG III
Old 04-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Buck

Cool RG III

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
wonder what chance there is we also take the other robert griffin? I'm talking about Robert T. Griffin, aka, "RG2,'' "Deuce,'' or "Big Griff,''.SI says he'll end up undrafted,should be look at him? could help RG3 a lot.who knows?
Anything to help RG III be comfortable works. Deuce may turn out to be better than expected.

I think the Irsay wants attention. Personally, I hope he gets Luck to agree to a contract prior to the draft. The Skins should then do the same thing with RG III,

The Maddog is back!

Old 04-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog97 View Post
I think the Irsay wants attention. Personally, I hope he gets Luck to agree to a contract prior to the draft. The Skins should then do the same thing with RG III,
Unfortunately, even if the Colts sign a contract with Luck, league rules would not allow us to sign a contract with RG III before the draft.