Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 03-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Hunter

Not a support vote for rex. But name one person/QB that has 3plus years in Kyle's system that has 60+ starts and cost .5 million towards the cap. This decision make more business/mentor sense.

I firmly believe this is a cap casualty. Part of the 18 mill we lost. Depending on how Griff and rex get along I could easily see the skins do this again next year. Because of the cap.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:05 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins3 View Post
Not a support vote for rex. But name one person/QB that has 3plus years in Kyle's system that has 60+ starts and cost .5 million towards the cap. This decision make more business/mentor sense.

I don't quite know why this is a good thing....lol

Tracy Porter to sign a 1 year deal with the Broncos. I guess Shanny would rather pay Hall 6.6 million this year.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post

Tracy Porter to sign a 1 year deal with the Broncos. I guess Shanny would rather pay Hall 6.6 million this year.
i dont understand it we need a fricking guard,right tackle,corner and free safety and thats without think of london and depth and we just watch these players sign elsewhere for bargain deals.
theres still a few guys out there that can help but they are dwindling by the day

Old 03-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan36 View Post
i dont understand it we need a fricking guard,right tackle,corner and free safety and thats without think of london and depth and we just watch these players sign elsewhere for bargain deals.
theres still a few guys out there that can help but they are dwindling by the day
Pure and simple, you can thank the NFL old boys club and Goodell for that.

I've been poo pooed by some, but I think certain heavy hitter owners were concerned that the Redskins with RGIII , another successful draft and a good group of free agents could in short order be a real tough out. They like the "competitive balance" just the way it was. They delayed the inevitable, namely a highly competitive Redskins team.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan36 View Post
As of right now there is just enough $ for drafted players. Need to release players or rework contracts to do anything. Doubt they sign any more guys at safety, since the market sucks (and signed 2.) Hopefully one of the 3/4/4 picks will be a S. With Brown coming back at RT and young guys on roster, bet Shanny is 'ok' with T, hopefully drafts someone. Licht. is back on a tender and Chester is going into his 2nd year at G, hopefully they draft a G. Unless they cut Hall, doubt they sign a CB, would be nice though...

Hope this isn't the case, but Shanny very well could be thinking this way; doubt it was the plan before the fine. I would like, if nothing else, for cheap vet. depth on line and ILB (Fletcher.) Draft S, T, G/C, ILB with first 4 picks, best available. But to sign anyone else, still requires cuts, restructures or trades. Trade Fred Davis if he wont sign a long term deal and do something...

Old 03-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMDeMuth View Post
As of right now there is just enough $ for drafted players. Need to release players or rework contracts to do anything. Doubt they sign any more guys at safety, since the market sucks (and signed 2.) Hopefully one of the 3/4/4 picks will be a S. With Brown coming back at RT and young guys on roster, bet Shanny is 'ok' with T, hopefully drafts someone. Licht. is back on a tender and Chester is going into his 2nd year at G, hopefully they draft a G. Unless they cut Hall, doubt they sign a CB, would be nice though...

Hope this isn't the case, but Shanny very well could be thinking this way; doubt it was the plan before the fine. I would like, if nothing else, for cheap vet. depth on line and ILB (Fletcher.) Draft S, T, G/C, ILB with first 4 picks, best available. But to sign anyone else, still requires cuts, restructures or trades. Trade Fred Davis if he wont sign a long term deal and do something...
So we're down to like $5 or $6 million in cap space?

Old 03-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
According to the cap guru on another site, yup. 4.996 mil. This doesn't include the option to borrow 1.5 mil from next years cap. so between 5 and 6.5 if they wanted to borrow.

Edit: credit to PC on CPND, as of 2 days ago...

Old 03-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
If that. I've seen 3.5 mil +- put forth by several. Not even enough to sign the rookies without further cuts/restructuring.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:28 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:

crap..

we look to be drafting a cb in the 3-4th rounds

Old 03-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
crap..

we look to be drafting a cb in the 3-4th rounds
Or backup qb, or G, or T, S, or ILB. Wait a minute, how many 3-4th round picks do we have? Maybe trade back to get more picks?

Old 03-23-2012, 06:45 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryHog View Post
Pure and simple, you can thank the NFL old boys club and Goodell for that.
The skins can make the cap room that they would to fill the glaring needs that they have. They can't blame the NFL for the failure to give out the moderately priced deals that players that they could use are getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryHog View Post
I've been poo pooed by some, but I think certain heavy hitter owners were concerned that the Redskins with RGIII , another successful draft and a good group of free agents could in short order be a real tough out. They like the "competitive balance" just the way it was. They delayed the inevitable, namely a highly competitive Redskins team.
Ok, so humoring this conspiracy theory for a minute: why not strip the skins of draft picks so that they cant make the rg3 trade? Cap circumvention usually draws a draft pick(s) penalty. Take away the skins' 2nds in 2012 and 13, and Shanny isn't going to give up 3 firsts+more for rg3. And considering how "well" the skins have been run, even under the Shanahan administration: wouldn't it make more sense to let the skins spend wildly and create the usual chemistry/scheme problems that they've been doing since 2000?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Papoose

Also if the NFL did this to stop us being competative this year, just think what we will be like in 2 years time when the penalty is finished:-

RGIII and the rest of this young team, have had 2 years to get into the winning habit and the team progress into a playoff contender(we hope?) then all of a sudden we have an extra $18m to spend in free agency which by then you would hope be perfect for that missing piece to take us to the SB!!!!

Just a thought!!!

Old 03-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
The skins can make the cap room that they would to fill the glaring needs that they have. They can't blame the NFL for the failure to give out the moderately priced deals that players that they could use are getting.

Ok, so humoring this conspiracy theory for a minute: why not strip the skins of draft picks so that they cant make the rg3 trade? Cap circumvention usually draws a draft pick(s) penalty. Take away the skins' 2nds in 2012 and 13, and Shanny isn't going to give up 3 firsts+more for rg3. And considering how "well" the skins have been run, even under the Shanahan administration: wouldn't it make more sense to let the skins spend wildly and create the usual chemistry/scheme problems that they've been doing since 2000?
because at some point the penalty would have caused Snyder to definitely go nuclear.. this level of penalty probably wont

Old 03-23-2012, 07:43 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
because at some point the penalty would have caused Snyder to definitely go nuclear.. this level of penalty probably wont
Stripping 36 mil in cap room won't? They're seriously considering challenging it in the courts of public opinions/arbitrator. The league isn't going leave themselves open to lawsuits just to punish the skins(and to be honest, this cap penalty isn't that bad).

Old 03-23-2012, 08:09 AM
hR Owner

I copied the last page of the original thread here. It was getting really long. You can find the original thread in the Archive Forum. Link below.

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...ad.php?t=54045