Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 03-23-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Stripping 36 mil in cap room won't? They're seriously considering challenging it in the courts of public opinions/arbitrator. The league isn't going leave themselves open to lawsuits just to punish the skins(and to be honest, this cap penalty isn't that bad).
agree and specially considering that they really have no one to blame but themselves.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Shaman

Quote:
I don't quite know why this is a good thing....lol

Tracy Porter to sign a 1 year deal with the Broncos. I guess Shanny would rather pay Hall 6.6 million this year.
I'm shocked by this.... with how Hall acted calling out Haslett saying he should be cut for how poor he played I'd have thought dumping hall woulda been one of the 1st things the Skins did.

This soft spot for Hall is just another of the things that frustrates me about Shanny. Now we're carrying this bum for that cap number when we could be saving money to add to our other needs. Its just incredible to me.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Healer

Quote:
I don't quite know why this is a good thing....lol

Tracy Porter to sign a 1 year deal with the Broncos. I guess Shanny would rather pay Hall 6.6 million this year.
Curious that Porter got so little attention or money, but solid pick up for Denver.

I think there's going to be a ton of movement this year once camps start up and teams start making more cuts. There's a lot of teams that need to make moves on both ends of the spectrum and that'll open up a lot of potential talent.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:05 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
agree and specially considering that they really have no one to blame but themselves.
I know i've brought this up before, but the steelers got stripped of a 3rd round pick(and fined) for a 400k bonus that was illegal. What do you think 36 million would have cost the skins in terms of draft picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
I'm shocked by this.... with how Hall acted calling out Haslett saying he should be cut for how poor he played I'd have thought dumping hall woulda been one of the 1st things the Skins did.

This soft spot for Hall is just another of the things that frustrates me about Shanny. Now we're carrying this bum for that cap number when we could be saving money to add to our other needs. Its just incredible to me.
Its not just Hall. Its a whole bevy of overpaid vets whom the skins seem to have little interest in moving on from, regardless of how much they can help the cap figure in getting rid on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Curious that Porter got so little attention or money, but solid pick up for Denver.
I wonder if teams think Saints defenders are radioactive until the players' punishment comes down.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Healer

My guess is that they plan to draft a CB in the 3rd and then a OG/OT in the 4th.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMaViSd View Post
My guess is that they plan to draft a CB in the 3rd and then a OG/OT in the 4th.
I'm not so sure about that. I definitely think somebody like Nick Toon or Greg Childs will be there when we pick in the third.

I kid, I kid.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Sentinel

Quote:
Stripping 36 mil in cap room won't? They're seriously considering challenging it in the courts of public opinions/arbitrator. The league isn't going leave themselves open to lawsuits just to punish the skins(and to be honest, this cap penalty isn't that bad).
That has yet to be determined. I believe the league made some subtle references as to what they could have done with draft choices (possibly as a warning to not get any ideas about suing) If they had started out by stripping draft choices and blew up the RGIII trade, I think you could just about guarantee push back from the Redskins. Additionally, I think the public outcry would have made what's transpired to date look like nothing.

Considering that the league had to coerce the NFLPA into going along with the penalty in order to cover there butt, and the fact that they turned a blind eye to the acts of many other teams that had the same net result, (minimizing salary cap hits in future years), Yes, I think it's reasonable to consider the possibility of a conspiracy to teach Snyder a lesson and attempt to cripple attempts to finally get the team turned around. Do you really think anything would have been done if John Mara, the owner of the Giants and chairman of the competition committee wasn't pushing for it?

I see arguing that the Skins brought this on themselves is like arguing that African Americans brought violence on themselves by refusing to sit in the back of the bus.

Arguments about which player could have been cut to sign another specific player are certainly legitimate. The cap hit absolutely has cramped their ability to do many things they might have otherwise done in free agency.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Sentinel

Quote:
I know i've brought this up before, but the steelers got stripped of a 3rd round pick(and fined) for a 400k bonus that was illegal. What do you think 36 million would have cost the skins in terms of draft picks?
The NFLPA didn't have to be coerced into signing off of that one did they?

Old 03-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Great Spirit

Jeff Saturday is finalizing a deal with Green Bay

Old 03-23-2012, 11:27 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryHog View Post
That has yet to be determined. I believe the league made some subtle references as to what they could have done with draft choices (possibly as a warning to not get any ideas about suing) If they had started out by stripping draft choices and blew up the RGIII trade, I think you could just about guarantee push back from the Redskins. Additionally, I think the public outcry would have made what's transpired to date look like nothing.
If the skins/boys get the full punishment voided by the arbitrator, the league can't do anything in revenge. If the arbitrator rules that the punishment was wrong by the rules of the CBA but the skins/boys circumvented the cap, the skins/boys won't be picking in the 1st round for awhile. Those are the rules. Like them or not.

Quote:
Considering that the league had to coerce the NFLPA into going along with the penalty in order to cover there butt, and the fact that they turned a blind eye to the acts of many other teams that had the same net result, (minimizing salary cap hits in future years), Yes, I think it's reasonable to consider the possibility of a conspiracy to teach Snyder a lesson and attempt to cripple attempts to finally get the team turned around.
Quote:
The NFLPA didn't have to be coerced into signing off of that one did they?
The union could have said no twice: when the league asked to make the rule change which triggered this sanction and when the league asked them to sign off on the punishment. Even at the most generous interpretation of the term "coercion" you still can't get around that the Union was fine with changing the CBA quietly to start this process(and they, as far as we know, we're threatened with anything). And they still could have told the league to stuff it and fought them in court with the skins/boys if this was as legally flimsy as people want to claim.

Quote:
Do you really think anything would have been done if John Mara, the owner of the Giants and chairman of the competition committee wasn't pushing for it?
The Giants have won 2 super bowls in the last 5 seasons. The skins have made the playoffs once since then(and have won 32 games in those 5 seasons). Why exactly are they a threat to the Giants? And if the Giants were trying to game the system to screw over NFC east opponents, why weren't the Eagles sanctioned for something? And why did Jeff Fisher(one of Shanny's best friends in the league) who was co-chair of the competition committee go along with this "Conspiracy"?

Quote:
I see arguing that the Skins brought this on themselves is like arguing that African Americans brought violence on themselves by refusing to sit in the back of the bus.
This is laughably ridiculous. The teams were warned about not doing it, the skins(and others) did it, so there's no way to say that they didn't bring it on themselves.

Quote:
Arguments about which player could have been cut to sign another specific player are certainly legitimate. The cap hit absolutely has cramped their ability to do many things they might have otherwise done in free agency.
There's a long list of players who could have represented clear upgrades who would have been affordable for the skins.

Last edited by akhhorus : 03-23-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Sentinel

Quote:

This is laughably ridiculous. The teams were warned about not doing it, the skins(and others) did it, so there's no way to say that they didn't bring it on themselves.
Seriously? So just because they were warned to sit in the back of the bus that makes it OK?

Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:

The teams were warned about not doing it, the skins(and others) did it, so there's no way to say that they didn't bring it on themselves.
Wait. They were warned that they could be penalized for following the written rules of the league in-place governing the un-capped year?
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Great Spirit

A few interesting tidbits:

Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Seriously? So just because they were warned to sit in the back of the bus that makes it OK?
I'm not wading into the weeds of your ridiculous analogy. The civil rights workers/fighters were fighting an unjust law(s) that were on the books for years. The skins were trying to get around contracts that they signed. Comparing the two is an insult to the people who sacrificed to end Jim Crow in the South(and is logically a bad comparison).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
Wait. They were warned that they could be penalized for following the written rules of the league in-place governing the un-capped year?
Link

Quote:
Many of you (specifically, Cowboys and Redskins fans) are wondering how and why the NFL would strip millions in cap money for 2012 and/or 2013 from teams that simply took full advantage of the uncapped year.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the teams were told “at least six times” during ownership-level meetings that there would be “serious consequences” for any team that used the uncapped year as an occasion to dump salaries.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Sentinel

Quote:
I'm not wading into the weeds of your ridiculous analogy. The civil rights workers/fighters were fighting an unjust law(s) that were on the books for years. The skins were trying to get around contracts that they signed. Comparing the two is an insult to the people who sacrificed to end Jim Crow in the South(and is logically a bad comparison).

Link
I certainly don't wish to insult anyone, or in anyway minimize sacrifices that where made. I won't argue the parallels.

I also don't wish to get involved in one of your point by point drag out battles. Most of the points you've made could be true...Or not. It depends on what is really in the hearts of those involved. We disagree, but I can't with any certainty say that I know any better than you do.