Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 03-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
these are ALL people with massive egos and massive bank accounts who are used to getting their way all the time.. they dont like being told "no" and even less, enjoy getting their hands slapped-- especially by one of their own ilk !

there is no way that one side wins this argument completely and prevails.. there has to be some give and take and allowance for the "losers" to save face and dollars.

that is why i see some kind of brokered compromise where every one gets to walk away and say their position has been vindicated..but i neither expect the Redskins/Cowboys to simply fold their tents and go away beaten, nor do i expect the league and Mara to have to pony up draft picks or other benefits, other than "generously" to return some of the cap space that was taken away .. that is what i expect to see eventually happen.. too much money at risk here for this to degenerate into real open court warfare..
I agree with most of that. I would love to be a fly on the wall while the negotiations are happening. There will be a lot of threats and arm twisting going on, and it's possible, because they are all so powerful and used to getting their way that it will have to be decided by by the arbiter. It would surprise me if the dispute ever actually makes its way to open court.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Moderator / 3 PEAT [2010-2011-2012] hR Fantasy NBA Champion

Pretty good read and it goes to show we havent really done anything wrong and if we have in the NFL's eyes then we are not alone...

http://redskins.espn980.com/bloggers...ys-strike-back

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

Old 03-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Great Spirit

Piece from Rich Tandler on Goodell answering the question, "What is an uncapped year?"

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tan...-uncapped.html

Quote:
The normally smooth Goodell stammered through his answer like a kid who was called on in class after he didn’t read the assignment. After a pregnant pause, he repeated back “what is an uncapped year” as if to gather his thoughts. He then said that he has not heard from Burbank and reiterated that the owners have voted to ratify the penalties.

In 2010 I think the rules were articulated. I’d have to go back and look at them again but the rules were quite clear. Whatever rules there were they were followed and whatever rules weren’t . . .

His voice then trailed off and he went on to the next question.
So as of right now he is telling us he doesn't know exactly what the rules said but he is willing to enforce the rule he doesn't know? Sure Rog...

Old 03-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWGZHEAD View Post
Piece from Rich Tandler on Goodell answering the question, "What is an uncapped year?"

So as of right now he is telling us he doesn't know exactly what the rules said but he is willing to enforce the rule he doesn't know? Sure Rog...
i dont see any way the NFL prevails with Burbank if they cannot even begin to articulate their position.. the Redskins will win, or will be offered a compromise, but it will come too late to matter this year

Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
i dont see any way the NFL prevails with Burbank if they cannot even begin to articulate their position.. the Redskins will win, or will be offered a compromise, but it will come too late to matter this year
I'll be stunned if something isn't done to make the Skins and Cowboys happy enough that they don't purse the matter in a legal venue. And you're right, it ain't gonna help the 2012 off-season.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Healer

Quote:

Those quotes read like a debate student assigned to debate a position he didn't personally believe in. Sounds to me like he doesn't believe in the punishments but doesn't want to come out and say so.

Quote:
"In 2010 I think the rules were articulated. I’d have to go back and look at them again but the rules were quite clear. Whatever rules there were they were followed and whatever rules weren’t . . ."
That's exactly the Skins/Cowboys argument. The rules were clear, and the rules were followed. Sounds more and more like a faction of owners pushed this through and I wasn't really sure before how much Goodell was involved, but now it almost sounds like he is trying not to take sides because he knows the league is in the wrong here.

Last edited by hockeygoalie29 : 03-28-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Great Spirit

Interesting:

Quote:
So why did the Bucs’ vote neither aye nor nay? Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Buccaneers were concerned by the unequal application of the penalties. Specifically, the Redskins and Cowboys were punished via the removal of $46 million in total cap room, but the Saints and the Raiders were simply prevented from sharing in the $1.6 million per team in redistributed Redskins/Cowboys cap room.

The Buccaneers could end up being a key figure in the coming arbitration. To the extent that the NFL contends that overspending in 2010 in some way disrupted competitive balance, the Redskins and Cowboys will surely point to the Buccaneers and other teams that grossly underspent in the uncapped year, which presumably would also affect competitive balance.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Warrior

Quote:

Saw this. Love it. "Whatever rules there were they were followed".
No sh*t Sherlock. So how do you explain the penalty?

And as far as the penalty and enforcing some (non-existent) rule - last I checked if you robbed $1 from a store vs. $1,000 you got arrested just the same. So how can you penalize too teams when just about everyone created these types of contracts to some extent?

Old 03-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Shaman

Quote:
So do we have an official date when arbitration starts?

I hope we pursue even if it doesn't benefit us until next year. Mara and Goodell need some checks and balances. Boy does this makes me mad.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspring View Post
So do we have an official date when arbitration starts?

I hope we pursue even if it doesn't benefit us until next year. Mara and Goodell need some checks and balances. Boy does this makes me mad.
no set date.. could take months, which is why i said it wont make any difference for this year.

but it is clearly a shot across the bow of the NFL and Goodell.. i dont think they will take kindly to this and will look for another chance to screw us.. but, at least we wont be bending over quietly

it isnt even Goodell that infuriates me the most, it is that damn F**** troll Mara.. he knows that this is a direct slam against one of his competitors and STILL shoved it down our throats.. he is so damn arrogant that he thinks it is his sandbox and he can orchestrate whatever he wants.. Screw Him !!!

Old 03-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Sachem

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ittle-in-2010/

Goodell: No issue with teams spending too little in 2010

“No there was no issue there,” Goodell said, via Stephen Holder of the Tampa Bay Times. “[The question was] did any teams gain a competitive advantage. That was the focus that we and the [players' union] had moving forward. That’s why we reached an agreement . . . so no one had a long-term competitive advantage. That’s what the NFLPA and we agreed on.”

I'm beginning to think that Goodell's IQ isn't very high.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKShape View Post

“No there was no issue there,” Goodell said, via Stephen Holder of the Tampa Bay Times. “[The question was] did any teams gain a competitive advantage. That was the focus that we and the [players' union] had moving forward. That’s why we reached an agreement . . . so no one had a long-term competitive advantage. That’s what the NFLPA and we agreed on.”

that's because Mara has his gonads locked away in his personal gun safe

Old 03-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Shaman

Quote:
no set date.. could take months, which is why i said it wont make any difference for this year.

but it is clearly a shot across the bow of the NFL and Goodell.. i dont think they will take kindly to this and will look for another chance to screw us.. but, at least we wont be bending over quietly

it isnt even Goodell that infuriates me the most, it is that damn F**** troll Mara.. he knows that this is a direct slam against one of his competitors and STILL shoved it down our throats.. he is so damn arrogant that he thinks it is his sandbox and he can orchestrate whatever he wants.. Screw Him !!!
Shally I can't agree more. We have to follow through with this one if not just to make a point.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:55 PM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKShape View Post

I guess that didn't violate the "spirit" of their collusion.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Brave

So, if you're in Tampa's division and got to play them twice that is not a competitive advantage?

I feel like a player Tampa cut, or the fans might have a lawsuit here.