Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 04-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Hunter

A later report says Griffin declined to do private workouts for anyone. The theory according to a couple of articles I read is he did so to make more NFLers show up for his pro day and get a look at his teammates

Old 04-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphy View Post
A later report says Griffin declined to do private workouts for anyone. The theory according to a couple of articles I read is he did so to make more NFLers show up for his pro day and get a look at his teammates
If the workout was today (and private), I don't know how it would have impacted the Baylor Pro Day.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:52 PM
hR Staff Writer

you know what is going to piss me off is on draft day the colts will still take 20 minutes to announce and the Redskins will do the same.

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 04-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Hunter

huh?

He supposedly didnt/wont workout for anyone privately. If you wanted to see him workout you had to go to Baylor's pro day. The thinking was that would make more NFL people come to Baylor to see him. When NFL people go to see him, they also see his teammates. More NFL people saw his teammates than otherwise would have if he had performed private workouts.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
you know what is going to piss me off is on draft day the colts will still take 20 minutes to announce and the Redskins will do the same.
The skins should take that 20 minutes in the limelight to preach on that podium about the league screwing us out of our 36 million dollars.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
huh?

He supposedly didnt/wont workout for anyone privately. If you wanted to see him workout you had to go to Baylor's pro day. The thinking was that would make more NFL people come to Baylor to see him. When NFL people go to see him, they also see his teammates. More NFL people saw his teammates than otherwise would have if he had performed private workouts.
But his Pro Day is already over. What impact would not working out for the Colts have at this point?

Old 04-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Sentinel

Quote:
If RGIII really thought he had a legit chance of being selected #1 overall AND he really wanted to play in Indy, I suspect he would be having a private workout for the Colts. By declining to do any private workouts, it gives him some cover and makes it more difficult to construe as a snub.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Great Spirit

Peter King weighs in:

Quote:
I understand the logic in wanting a private workout with Griffin. Grigson was ill on the day of Baylor's pro day and couldn't attend. Of course he would want to see Griffin up close and personal and live. But now he can't. He'll have to watch tape and spend time with Griffin that won't include watching him play live. If Grigson needs to see Griffin throw 65 passes against air to make the decision for him, he's not much of a talent evaluator. Teams want every last bit of information to help them make momentous decisions like this one. But what I'm telling you is the Colts will be able to decide on their first pick very comfortably without seeing Griffin for an hour without anyone else around. Teams do it all the time. The Redskins, who will draft Griffin if the Colts take Luck as expected, won't work out RG3 before the draft either, Adam Schefter reported Tuesday.

Now, as for why Ben Dogra, the agent for Griffin, decided to not allow Griffin to work out: He's dealing from a position of strength. What more do you really need to see out of Griffin? This isn't a kid fighting to disprove some impression about him that's on the NFL street. This is a player who is mature, exceedingly talented, with few nits to pick on him. I can't see the benefit of allowing him to throw for X number of teams anyway. If a players wants to do it -- and Andrew Luck worked out privately with Indianapolis -- that's his prerogative. But it's not a must. And it wont have a thing to do with who Indy picks 23 days from now.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ail/index.html

Old 04-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
i tell you what will piss me off and that is the colts will take luck with the first pick and then the talking heads will spend the next hour talking to and about luck, rg3 will be picked during this time and the next thing we will hear is " with the third pick the vikings select " , remember when we selected sean taylor they never talked about him,only talked about the trade the giants made with the chargers.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Great Spirit

RGIII's first tweet was nine minutes ago. He already has 2,300 followers. Nuts.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
RGIII's first tweet was nine minutes ago. He already has 2,300 followers. Nuts.

Try 30,000 followers. Wow.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSkin View Post
Try 30,000 followers. Wow.
51,000+ as of 8:25pm

Old 04-03-2012, 08:18 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
i tell you what will piss me off and that is the colts will take luck with the first pick and then the talking heads will spend the next hour talking to and about luck, rg3 will be picked during this time and the next thing we will hear is " with the third pick the vikings select " , remember when we selected sean taylor they never talked about him,only talked about the trade the giants made with the chargers.
This will not happen. Lighten up.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins View Post
This will not happen. Lighten up.
This. If there is one thing to worry about re RGIII, it is not a lack of media coverage.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Banned

When RGIII says he's not doing workouts for "anyone" it means the Redskins. And he's not doing a workout for us because we pick second.

He must honestly feel they are already decided on Luck or he would rather go to a franchise that would kill to have him.