Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 04-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Ghost Dancer

i dont believe it would be smart to cut or trade Hall at this point. Very slim chance we can get a solid replacement. and LOL at terrance newman over hall, i wouldnt even consider making that swap. eventually hall does need to go, but i think it would be better to keep him around atleast one more year and replace him next offseason. i have heard rumblings hall was/is on the trading block now though...

Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMaViSd View Post
Actually, I totally forgot we got Griffen, lol.

Are we going to use Griffen at CB or S? That could also change the scenario..
If the skins are sniffing around M. Williams(a FS), that would suggest that they want to play Griffin at Cb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
i dont believe it would be smart to cut or trade Hall at this point. Very slim chance we can get a solid replacement. and LOL at terrance newman over hall, i wouldnt even consider making that swap. eventually hall does need to go, but i think it would be better to keep him around atleast one more year and replace him next offseason. i have heard rumblings hall was/is on the trading block now though...
Newman was bad last year, Hall was far worse imo. And Hall has no trade value with his contract.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Healer

I'd prefer to have Griffen at CB if we get Williams or Bell.

I disagree on Newman. I want no part of him. At all. Not even if he paid us to be on the team.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Medicine Man

Quote:
I tend to agree. It would've been nice to have cut him sooner and be in play for one of the better o lineman but right now who's left in FA? At this point I cut him if there's an exceptional player available, or we find a replacement during camp. $6 million is still $6 million, i think he'll be out at some point during camp at the latest.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:02 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
I'd prefer to have Griffen at CB if we get Williams or Bell.

I disagree on Newman. I want no part of him. At all. Not even if he paid us to be on the team.
Just spit balling ideas. I'd probably offer a 5th to the Pats for Kyle Arrington(who seems surplus to them).

Old 04-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Healer

Quote:
Okay, so who covers the other side of the field then if he were to get cut?
Who knows. I doubt he gets cut this year either way so it probably won't come up, but this staff (and most teams) tend to enter camps with a lot of bodies in the secondary, be it from the draft of udfa's. Much like o-line, there are a lot of sleepers and late round db's that can play that aren't high profile/draft picks.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:31 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
I am not saying do it now just for the record. It would have been something I would have done early on in FA if not before but now without anything viable he is going to have to do.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Just spit balling ideas. I'd probably offer a 5th to the Pats for Kyle Arrington(who seems surplus to them).
Would love to have Arrington. Young, talented prospect.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:15 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Would love to have Arrington. Young, talented prospect.
He's a RFA, and they seem full at CB with Moore, Allen, Dowling, McCourty and Cole.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
yep not releasing Dhall is just nonsensical. I have no words for why they won't get rid of him. Why do we need Gaffney/Moss either or both should be gone clearly.

What's the rush to get rid of DHall, Gaffney/Moss? I am sure if the Skins come to terms with a FA they really want, there would be time then to get rid of some veterans to create enough cap room for the signing.

You know, just because Wash wants to ink a quality free agent doesn't mean it will get done. Any quality free agent will likely have a chance to choose among a number of teams to sign with. While things may be looking up around here with the anticipated drafting of a franchise QB, the Redskins are not exactly the favorite to win the NFC East or even to make the playoffs.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Medicine Man

Golsten is back...saw it on the twitter feed on the homepage here.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanburgerBum View Post
What's the rush to get rid of DHall, Gaffney/Moss? I am sure if the Skins come to terms with a FA they really want, there would be time then to get rid of some veterans to create enough cap room for the signing.

You know, just because Wash wants to ink a quality free agent doesn't mean it will get done. Any quality free agent will likely have a chance to choose among a number of teams to sign with. While things may be looking up around here with the anticipated drafting of a franchise QB, the Redskins are not exactly the favorite to win the NFC East or even to make the playoffs.
record projections are irrlevant fa's are gonna feel pretty good about us knowing we're getting a franchise guy. But most important its about the dollars. Why keep Dhall//Moss/Gaffney around Hall to me offers us very little and is a lockeroom question and a coach irritant.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
Good guy, works hard. Glad to have him back but I don't know if I see him actually making the roster out of training camp?

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 04-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
beat me to it.. a good, inexpensive signing, i would add.. decent rotational player who can play at any of the DL positions..

makes it more doubtful we will spend any picks on the DL given that we have reserves now that include, Worthington, Golston, Balmer, Scott and Neild.

focus on the OL, CB, S and ILB in the draft

actually would have preferred Derek Landri, but the Eagles re signed him yesterday..

Old 04-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
beat me to it.. a good, inexpensive signing, i would add.. decent rotational player who can play at any of the DL positions..

makes it more doubtful we will spend any picks on the DL given that we have reserves now that include, Worthington, Golston, Balmer, Scott and Neild.

focus on the OL, CB, S and ILB in the draft

actually would have preferred Derek Landri, but the Eagles re signed him yesterday..
I think he was one of the special teams captains as well so I bet that factored in.