Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 04-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Just signed James Lee OT.. free agent from the Bucs..

also, saw a small blurb that M Williams, S is deciding between the Redskins and Falcons, should know shortly (from a tweet from Matt Barrow who covers the Niners.. he said the Niners were likely out of the running)

Last edited by shally : 04-09-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
Brown's back-up, methinks.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Healer

Don't know much of Lee, but he has started experience at least and I don't recall Tampa's line being that bad.

I have got to think that Williams would pick us (hometeam favorite) over Atlanta.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Great Spirit

Old 04-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMaViSd View Post
Don't know much of Lee, but he has started experience at least and I don't recall Tampa's line being that bad.

I have got to think that Williams would pick us (hometeam favorite) over Atlanta.
Allen signed him for Tampa when he was GM there

Old 04-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Brown's back-up, methinks.
totally agree about that.. far better option than Locklear.. Younger with some upside..Competition with Polumbus for reserve tackle spot

Old 04-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
is the guy trying out for a spot on the roster, or as a quality control assistant ?

lol

Old 04-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post

also, saw a small blurb that M Williams, S is deciding between the Redskins and Falcons, should know shortly (from a tweet from Matt Barrow who covers the Niners.. he said the Niners were likely out of the running)
Decent size 6'4" 305# . Would be nice to get williams.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
record projections are irrlevant fa's are gonna feel pretty good about us knowing we're getting a franchise guy. But most important its about the dollars. Why keep Dhall//Moss/Gaffney around Hall to me offers us very little and is a lockeroom question and a coach irritant.

You are undoubtedly right if the money is dramatically different. But, given how little cap room the Skins have, I am guessing they are not spreading a lot of $$ around.

Another factor may be the opportunity to start, or at least to play a lot. But, if all else are equal, I think projections of a playoff spot do come into play.

I am a big believer in going young with this team. So, getting rid of veterans who are no longer part of the rebuilding program is something I would support. I am just not sure DHall is too old for rebuilding, and I don't know if there is anyone to replace him. I would have no problem with trying Barnes at CB, but I think he may be needed more at FS.

In any event, there is plenty of time. There is just no need to rush. Let's at least see what the Skins come up with in the draft and what free agents they can attract before they wield the cutting knife.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanburgerBum View Post
You are undoubtedly right if the money is dramatically different. But, given how little cap room the Skins have, I am guessing they are not spreading a lot of $$ around.

Another factor may be the opportunity to start, or at least to play a lot. But, if all else are equal, I think projections of a playoff spot do come into play.

I am a big believer in going young with this team. So, getting rid of veterans who are no longer part of the rebuilding program is something I would support. I am just not sure DHall is too old for rebuilding, and I don't know if there is anyone to replace him. I would have no problem with trying Barnes at CB, but I think he may be needed more at FS.

In any event, there is plenty of time. There is just no need to rush. Let's at least see what the Skins come up with in the draft and what free agents they can attract before they wield the cutting knife.
Not alot to quibble with here though I don't believe in the playoff projections thing as much as you do when it comes to free agency. Money/pt and I think we have a posiive outlook for next season and beyond because of our improved qb situation.

I'd dump Dhall because I don't want him around the young players in ota's and things. We have signed Griffin who is a corner we have Thompson.

I think we can get by Hall is not playing that well and his issues put it over the top as far as I am concerned with getting rid of him.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
Decent size 6'4" 305# . Would be nice to get williams.
Williams is a high character guy, but meh... he couldnt get on the field for the Niners who have a solid defense

Old 04-09-2012, 10:33 PM
hR Staff Writer

alright well I like the ot signing, some quality depth for cheech and the walking triage unit that is known as Jamal Brown

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 04-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
alright well I like the ot signing, some quality depth for cheech and the walking triage unit that is known as Jamal Brown
I don't know the first thing about this dude but I'm just happy we signed an offensive lineman.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Healer

Well we signed an offensive lineman! Let's call it an offseason boys!

It feels like Golston has been in the same role for my entire life. At least he knows the system, etc. I'm crossing my fingers we sign Williams, and draft a few OL, then re-sign Fletch. If you ask me, that would be a pretty great offseason.

Hypothetically speaking, I might even look forward to watching the team play and maybe win some games. Who knows?

Old 04-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor13 View Post
Well we signed an offensive lineman! Let's call it an offseason boys!

It feels like Golston has been in the same role for my entire life. At least he knows the system, etc. I'm crossing my fingers we sign Williams, and draft a few OL, then re-sign Fletch. If you ask me, that would be a pretty great offseason.

Hypothetically speaking, I might even look forward to watching the team play and maybe win some games. Who knows?
this is all about the QB position.. if Shanahan gets it right, the rest is all tinkering around the edges.. if you have stability and production from your qb, you can go get OL players, or another WR, or a CB to fill in holes.. if you are floundering at QB, nothing else really matters

that is why this offseason feels so different from others in the past couple of decades...