Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Sentinel

Saying Landry was a liability and then backing up that claim with ANYTHING involving Meriweather is ridiculous.

I hope Gregg Williams puts a hit out on BM before the season starts.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by culpeper View Post
Saying Landry was a liability and then backing up that claim with ANYTHING involving Meriweather is ridiculous.

I hope Gregg Williams puts a hit out on BM before the season starts.
Oh? how so?

How many Pro Bowls has Landry made? Just curious as to how you can put Landry in an convo with BM. I'm not saying BM is the savior, but at least the kid knows how to be successful. Landry knows how to be ignorant and make a clown out of himself.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMaViSd View Post
Oh? how so?

How many Pro Bowls has Landry made? Just curious as to how you can put Landry in an convo with BM. I'm not saying BM is the savior, but at least the kid knows how to be successful. Landry knows how to be ignorant and make a clown out of himself.
And Landry didn't play very much football the past two years. The Skins aren't going from Landry to Meriweather as much as they are Doughty to Meriweather.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:08 AM

I'd like to get through the draft and OTAs and have an idea of what the roster headed into training camp is looking like before I can take any "sleeper" articles with anything more than a grain of salt. So much is uncertain at this point....with just about every team.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMaViSd View Post
Oh? how so?

Im not defending Landry, Im stating that Meriweather as a basis for any argument is a losing argument. I hate the signing. Hes "TERRBLE"

Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
I'd like to get through the draft and OTAs and have an idea of what the roster headed into training camp is looking like before I can take any "sleeper" articles with anything more than a grain of salt. So much is uncertain at this point....with just about every team.
This year more so for the Skins. They NEED so much ........ sure they might be getting the QB that has sorely been needed but there is still a learning curve for him.
The OL is 5 quality players away from be good AND deep
The WR core is now a mystery as too weather its better or status quo
LB core is a weakness at two or three spots when considering depth
D-Back - just about the same as the LBs
So where is the help coming from. Might find 3 in the draft (other than the QB) but would bank the season on it. AND not going to get much more in the way of FA
As of right now and with the all the unknowns .... this team is only MAYBE improved by 1-3 games in the win column.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Healer

Quote:
Im not defending Landry, Im stating that Meriweather as a basis for any argument is a losing argument. I hate the signing. Hes "TERRBLE"
I don't agree with your argument. He has more talent and has produced more in his career than any safety on this roster and you can stretch to any player in this secondary, period. Hell, besides Fletcher (who isn't on the roster currently) you can probably say more than anyone on the defensive side of the ball. Kerrigan can be an exception because he just came into the league.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
While I am not thrilled with Merrieweather, the team had to do something different at SS at least in a stop-gap manner. There is no way they could've given Landry the type of money he wanted when he cannot stay on the field and was largely ineffective since the middle of 2010 when he did get on the field. There is also no way that the team could roll with Reed Doughty or Dejon Gomes starting...it's bad enough these two are the primary back-ups (though I think Gomes has some ability). I support any move that keeps Reed Doughty off my football field where he is an immediate target for opposing offenses.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Code Talker

Quote:
While I am not thrilled with Merrieweather, the team had to do something different at SS at least in a stop-gap manner. There is no way they could've given Landry the type of money he wanted when he cannot stay on the field and was largely ineffective since the middle of 2010 when he did get on the field. There is also no way that the team could roll with Reed Doughty or Dejon Gomes starting...it's bad enough these two are the primary back-ups (though I think Gomes has some ability). I support any move that keeps Reed Doughty off my football field where he is an immediate target for opposing offenses.
The problem with Doughty is his speed. He came into the league with 4.76 speed. Woefully awful for defensive back. Gomes is plenty fast but his tackling needs to improve. In my view we go S, ILB, OT/G with our 3 picks in rounds three and four. In no particular order. With that said we'll probably draft an H-Back/FB cause we really need another one of those ( sarcasm)

Old 04-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Healer

I think I would rather see Gomes as a FS over a SS.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRudy View Post
Meh, I'm sick of buying into the offseason hype only to be let down and talking about the draft before October rolls around. All I'm cheering for this year is improvement across the team. I want to see young guys playing and the looks of a team on the rise I'll be one happy camper.
^ That.

I am thrilled to have Griffin but there is as much evidence to suggest he will be a bust as a star. Even if he is a star, there is no reason to believe it will out of the gate. Even if he is a star out of the gate, there are MANY gaping holes on this team.

I am personally waiting until I see at least one practice before I order a new patch for my Starter Redskins Super Bowl coat.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimike View Post
The problem with Doughty is his speed. He came into the league with 4.76 speed. Woefully awful for defensive back. Gomes is plenty fast but his tackling needs to improve. In my view we go S, ILB, OT/G with our 3 picks in rounds three and four. In no particular order. With that said we'll probably draft an H-Back/FB cause we really need another one of those ( sarcasm)
See I think if he had instincts and play making ability, his speed wouldn't be as much of an issue. He knows where to be, he knows the concepts of the defense, but he cannot get to the play in-time to affect it in a positive way for the team and the defense. When he does arrive in a timely fashion, he freezes which kills any chance to make a play on the ball. Speed is one issue, but it can be overcome by instincts. Some will tell you he is super-smart and is valuable depth, but that is an opinion I do not share. He is a liability, completely incapable of being a reliable short-term starter in the event of injury and is immediately targeted when he enters the game.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak View Post
I am thrilled to have Griffin but there is as much evidence to suggest he will be a bust as a star.
Is this based on Griff himself, or the fact it's difficult to predict NFL QBs in general.
Because I don't think there's a whole lot of evidence right now that he'll be a bust.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:10 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
See I think if he had instincts and play making ability, his speed wouldn't be as much of an issue. He knows where to be, he knows the concepts of the defense, but he cannot get to the play in-time to affect it in a positive way for the team and the defense. When he does arrive in a timely fashion, he freezes which kills any chance to make a play on the ball. Speed is one issue, but it can be overcome by instincts. Some will tell you he is super-smart and is valuable depth, but that is an opinion I do not share. He is a liability, completely incapable of being a reliable short-term starter in the event of injury and is immediately targeted when he enters the game.
He might know where he *should* be, but frankly he overcommits and bites on fakes in the run game(especially when he's asked to hold an edge) and looks totally lost in the pass game.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
He might know where he *should* be, but frankly he overcommits and bites on fakes in the run game(especially when he's asked to hold an edge) and looks totally lost in the pass game.
Okay....PM Dispatched. LOL.