Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > Mohican Draft Tribe

Robert Turbin
Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Firebuilder

Default Robert Turbin

Seems like a Redskin....has leadership qualities, faced a lot of adversity and seems very hungry to be great.

Almost has 4.4 speed in the 40, 28 reps in the bench and looks like a beast on the field. Seems very similar to Marion Barber. Could be our Hightower 2.0 plus some. Great value pick if he could drop into the 4th. If his visit went well with the skins then I wouldn't be upset if he was our 3rd round pick.
http://www.csnwashington.com/footbal...36&feedID=6355

Old 04-18-2012, 09:34 AM
hR Staff Writer

sorry if we pick a rb at 3rd or wr for that matter I may shoot my tv screen.

OL is most need, CB shortly thereafter, and NT after that

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 04-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Firebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
sorry if we pick a rb at 3rd or wr for that matter I may shoot my tv screen.

OL is most need, CB shortly thereafter, and NT after that
No doubt about that....I wouldn't mind seeing OT Sanders from Florida State or CB Chase Minnifield from UVA. Turbin in the 4th sounds like a good pick up to me though...I do agree in the 3rd would be a little bit of a reach for us.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Grumpy Old Man

he runs with violence and would probably look a lot like Barber as a player..
have no problem with him in the 4th round, as long as we address CB/OL with the other 2 3rd and 4th round picks.

we can come back to O line with the last 2 picks also

Old 04-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Chief

I usually advocate drafting for value but taking into consideration that RB is the strongest position on the team, the fact that our RBs are young and there are other positions with little to no quality depth, drafting a RB like Turbin would be a big mistake. Whats more is the backs that we have do not have a disimilar skill set to him . No reason to take him that early.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
I usually advocate drafting for value but taking into consideration that RB is the strongest position on the team, the fact that our RBs are young and there are other positions with little to no quality depth, drafting a RB like Turbin would be a big mistake. Whats more is the backs that we have do not have a disimilar skill set to him . No reason to take him that early.
not quite true.. we dont have anyone who is a true short yardage, big back..

he is really a bruiser.. i dont think he will have a long career in the NFL, but i dont think a comparison to Barber or even Terell Davis is far fetched

Old 04-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Chief

Jeez,that guy is scary looking!

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
not quite true.. we dont have anyone who is a true short yardage, big back..

he is really a bruiser.. i dont think he will have a long career in the NFL, but i dont think a comparison to Barber or even Terell Davis is far fetched
Helu or Royster would do just fine in short yardage. They have the size and the vision for it, and even if Turbin is a better short yardage runner the discrepancy in quality between him and the running backs we already have in that particular aspect isn't big enough to justify spending such a high pick on him taking into consideration the holes we already have. Plus, if you want a running back for short yardage situations Hightower is still and option and there is always later rounds. We just have too much depth at running back and so little depth elsewhere to justify this.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Helu or Royster would do just fine in short yardage. They have the size and the vision for it, and even if Turbin is a better short yardage runner the discrepancy in quality between him and the running backs we already have in that particular aspect isn't big enough to justify spending such a high pick on him taking into consideration the holes we already have. Plus, if you want a running back for short yardage situations Hightower is still and option and there is always later rounds. We just have too much depth at running back and so little depth elsewhere to justify this.
maybe. that is the Shanahan way of handling running backs.. i would fully expect him to take a rb from the 4th round on.. careers are short and injuries happen

Helu got banged up last year, Hightower is coming off a severe knee injury, and Royster is productive, but has little speed.. getting Turbin would insure a quality rotation

I could see him taking James, or another back like Polk, Pead or Ballard.. each would bring something to the table.. we wont be using 3/4/4 all on OL.. i would be happy if one of those picks is used for the O line.. we can still come back and take another OL player in the 6th or 7th round anyway

getting another Offensive weapon is what Shanahan is always about

Old 04-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Chief

Shanny has always been the running back by committe coach.he had a few stars like davis and evenportis for a few years,but basically it's been the combos of rbs that made his offense click.

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 04-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
maybe. that is the Shanahan way of handling running backs.. i would fully expect him to take a rb from the 4th round on.. careers are short and injuries happen

Helu got banged up last year, Hightower is coming off a severe knee injury, and Royster is productive, but has little speed.. getting Turbin would insure a quality rotation

I could see him taking James, or another back like Polk, Pead or Ballard.. each would bring something to the table.. we wont be using 3/4/4 all on OL.. i would be happy if one of those picks is used for the O line.. we can still come back and take another OL player in the 6th or 7th round anyway

getting another Offensive weapon is what Shanahan is always about
I think you could justify taking those two with one of our three higher picks and if there was no value in the secondary or the offensive line I wouldn't be opposed. I think the more traditional two down back should be taken later, if at all.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:28 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Seems like a Redskin....has leadership qualities, faced a lot of adversity and seems very hungry to be great.

Almost has 4.4 speed in the 40, 28 reps in the bench and looks like a beast on the field. Seems very similar to Marion Barber. Could be our Hightower 2.0 plus some. Great value pick if he could drop into the 4th. If his visit went well with the skins then I wouldn't be upset if he was our 3rd round pick.
http://www.csnwashington.com/footbal...36&feedID=6355
I must say I love Robert Turbin. If Hightower isnt back I would love to see him on the Redskins. As far as using a third on him I'm not sure the Skins wouldn't be better off filling a need like OL/CB/NT as others have pointed out. But Shanny usually goes BPA and I wouldn't be surprised if he went with Turbin in the third.

Ideally he falls to the 4th round and the 3rd is used on OL. I'm guessing Shanny will talk himself out of the o-line (Oh Jamaal Brown and Willie Smith can handle it!), secondary (Raheem's patchwork crew), and NT (Just find me another fat bastard in the 7th round again Bruce!).

Perhaps this will be the Skins superhero themed draft with Superman (RG3) first round, Spiderman (Mohamed Sanu) going third round, the incredible Hulk (Robert Turbin) going fourth round, and the Human Torch (Michael Egnew) going with the second fourth rounder.

The Skins got a great guy with their other Utah State third rounder Chris Cooley, why not Turbin?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Medicine Man

We do have needs along the lines and at CB, but we still need to grab BPA. That being said it will be hard to believe there won't be a lineman that's BPA out of the 3/4/4 picks. I don't mind drafting another RB as long as he can catch too.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Healer

Quote:
Can't agree with this. Currently they only have Helu, Royster and Tristan Davis, with the potential for Hightower to return but I have to wonder what the hold up is there if they are really interested in bringing him back. Helu is solid, Royster showed a little but Davis is just a body and so you're one injury away from a problem. I don't know anything about Turbin but I think a few RB's will be brought in and would be shocked if one of them isn't from the draft. Plus, back up RB's get a lot of special teams play.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Can't agree with this. Currently they only have Helu, Royster and Tristan Davis, with the potential for Hightower to return but I have to wonder what the hold up is there if they are really interested in bringing him back. Helu is solid, Royster showed a little but Davis is just a body and so you're one injury away from a problem. I don't know anything about Turbin but I think a few RB's will be brought in and would be shocked if one of them isn't from the draft. Plus, back up RB's get a lot of special teams play.
+1

we will draft a RB somewhere.. there are quite a few guys who could bring something different to what we have.. speed ? brawn ? good hands ??

Giants have shown the value of having a stable of RB's to choose from