Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

What Do You Think About Niles Paul Moving to TE?
  #1  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:33 PM
hogs86's Avatar
hogs86 hogs86 is online now
Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Harrisonburg
Posts: 2,666
Default What Do You Think About Niles Paul Moving to TE?

This comes from Niles Paul via Twitter. All i have to say is Shannon Sharpe. lets hope...

@Niles_Paul84
I got a secret for y'all but I'm going to let y'all find out for yourselves...

Last edited by hogs86 : 04-19-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:39 PM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogs86 View Post
This comes from Niles Paul via Twitter. All i have to say is Shannon Sharpe. lets hope...

@Niles_Paul84
I got a secret for y'all but I'm going to let y'all find out for yourselves...
Where does the tight end part come from?

(And Twitter should have a per-tweet cap on the word "y'all." No more than one.)
__________________
"Back up off me, bro."
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:42 PM
hogs86's Avatar
hogs86 hogs86 is online now
Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Harrisonburg
Posts: 2,666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Where does the tight end part come from?

(And Twitter should have a per-tweet cap on the word "y'all." No more than one.)

This comes from his tweet from Skins beat reporter Grant Paulsen.

@granthpaulsen
Interesting nugget from #Redskins workouts: I'm hearing that Niles Paul has been working / meeting with Washington's TE group this week.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:45 PM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogs86 View Post
This comes from his tweet from Skins beat reporter Grant Paulsen.

@granthpaulsen
Interesting nugget from #Redskins workouts: I'm hearing that Niles Paul has been working / meeting with Washington's TE group this week.
Thanks. That's very interesting.
__________________
"Back up off me, bro."
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:46 PM
hogs86's Avatar
hogs86 hogs86 is online now
Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Harrisonburg
Posts: 2,666
Default

I can not find it. But Paul a few weeks ago said.
He weighed 242 I believe........
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:53 PM
justinskins justinskins is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,127
Default

If he is really moving to TE (and who knows at this point), suggests that either the coaches think Cooley is close to done or they are preparing to lose Davis (either by suspension or by trade).
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:56 PM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinskins View Post
If he is really moving to TE (and who knows at this point), suggests that either the coaches think Cooley is close to done or they are preparing to lose Davis (either by suspension or by trade).
I hate to say it, but my guess would be the former.
__________________
"Back up off me, bro."
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 04-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Skins7ny's Avatar
Skins7ny Skins7ny is offline
Sachem
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montgomery County
Posts: 2,912
Default

I think Paul is only 6'1". That is really short for a TE. Are there any TEs playing in the league at that height?
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 04-19-2012, 08:21 PM
OCSKINSFAN OCSKINSFAN is offline
Brave
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins7ny View Post
I think Paul is only 6'1". That is really short for a TE. Are there any TEs playing in the league at that height?
Probably not, but I don't know how important that is. Paul can block, has good hands, and has WR speed and moves. If he is now about 240, he has large upside potential at TE. Think of a LB trying to cover him. It's also a wise move for him considering the other WR's now on the team (he might not make the final 5-6 at WR).
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 04-19-2012, 08:24 PM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins7ny View Post
I think Paul is only 6'1". That is really short for a TE. Are there any TEs playing in the league at that height?
Gronk's head is about 6-1. Does that count?
__________________
"Back up off me, bro."
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 PM
justinskins justinskins is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
I hate to say it, but my guess would be the former.
That is my intuition as well, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 04-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Skins7ny's Avatar
Skins7ny Skins7ny is offline
Sachem
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montgomery County
Posts: 2,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Gronk's head is about 6-1. Does that count?
He behaves as thought a different part of him is as well.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 04-19-2012, 09:42 PM
skinfanjon's Avatar
skinfanjon skinfanjon is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College Park
Posts: 4,049
Default

I like this idea, primarily because I think he's completely useless as a wideout. He's better suited for TE, despite his height.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 04-19-2012, 09:45 PM
wave6ten's Avatar
wave6ten wave6ten is offline
2008 hR Salary Cap Champ
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hammond, La
Posts: 571
Default

Aaron Hernandez 6'1" 245lbs I think is good comparison for what Paul could be.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 PM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave6ten View Post
Aaron Hernandez 6'1" 245lbs I think is good comparison for what Paul could be.
Paul will be great so long as we trade for Brady and Gronk, lol.
__________________
"Back up off me, bro."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
| Home | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Today's Posts | Search | New Posts |