Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #61  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:40 AM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
you do understand the irony in you continuing such a debate right?
I'm not complaining about the way anybody debates. To each his own.

Actual irony is taking a thread of track, then writing "back to the point of the thread which was taken off track"
__________________
"Back up off me, bro."
Reply With Quote

  #62  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:41 AM
akhhorus's Avatar
akhhorus akhhorus is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Monty Burns County
Posts: 61,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
you do understand the irony in you continuing such a debate right?
I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Or the firefighters can make a small effort to remain on-topic. Threads aren't destroyed because somebody isn't properly defending their opinion, they're destroyed because the debate police rolls in and turns the thread into a pile of pedantic rubble.
You can have that opinion if you want, but whether you like it or not(i'm going to guess not) if you post an opinion here it will be discussed, prodded and poked. If you're looking for a medium or forum where you or your..for lack of a better term..debate "style"..won't be questioned or criticized if someone disagrees with it, this isn't the place for you. Or you can always block those you don't like/agree with. Or do nothing. I honestly don't care, but condescending whiny self indulgent posts do little more then make me roll my eyes at the poster making them and wonder why they can't either "move on" or "grow backbone once in awhile" instead of dragging down every criticism or something they disagree with into a neverending discussion about semantics. The tap dancing and really poor attempts at snark get boring.

And thats my last word on the subject.
__________________
Thanks for everything Johnny White Guy.

Last edited by akhhorus : 04-26-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #63  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 AM
CNYSkinFan's Avatar
CNYSkinFan CNYSkinFan is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 27,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphy View Post
When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, "Come."
I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.
i know some of my detractors would love to paint me with a negative brush and thats fine, but I had/have the courage of my convictions and was willing to actually put them out to see. IMO there are three possibilities going forward:

a.) I was right about Shnany's arrogance, conflict comes with RGIII and Shanny and son are fired in favor of a coach willing to actually work with the talent given.

b.) I was wrong and Shanny starts winning again and I get to be proud to be a Redskin fan again after 20 years in the wilderness.

c.) I was right but it does not matter because RGIII sucks and the franchise is doomes so I start drinking and forget my woes.

I can live with a & B and if it is c at least I will have lots of company with me.
__________________
Yeah...it sucks to be right sometimes

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan
Reply With Quote

  #64  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 AM
CNYSkinFan's Avatar
CNYSkinFan CNYSkinFan is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 27,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
I'm not complaining about the way anybody debates. To each his own.

Actual irony is taking a thread of track, then writing "back to the point of the thread which was taken off track"
I did not take the thread off track (and your example is not irony at best it is hypocracy". I responded to your post and then predicted a path (in a funny way I might add that was obviously an attempt at a light hearted joke) and you have gone right down the path predicted.

And since I find that amusing it bothers me not the least.
__________________
Yeah...it sucks to be right sometimes

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan
Reply With Quote

  #65  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:49 AM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
And thats my last word on the subject.
If only this were true . . .
__________________
"Back up off me, bro."
Reply With Quote

  #66  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:51 AM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
I responded to your post and then predicted a path (in a funny way I might add that was obviously an attempt at a light hearted joke) and you have gone right down the path predicted.
What's great is I think you honestly believe this. Never change, CNY. This site is too much fun when you're on your game.
__________________
"Back up off me, bro."
Reply With Quote

  #67  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:56 AM
akhhorus's Avatar
akhhorus akhhorus is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Monty Burns County
Posts: 61,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
If only this were true . . .
In this thread. Don't worry sunshine, I'll still point out when you're pulling your song and dance routine in the future
__________________
Thanks for everything Johnny White Guy.
Reply With Quote

  #68  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:06 PM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
In this thread. Don't worry sunshine, I'll still point out when you're pulling your routine in the future
Thank goodness. Almost cancelled my account.

I have a request for you in the future:

After you go back-and-forth for three or four posts, can you break up the other person's posts into multiple points? (Not right away, mind you. Just after a few posts.) Also can you then make a point to reference how others at the site agree with your opinion, perhaps letting us know these "others" have noticed the same think you've noticed? And then towards the end of every discussion can you point out that continuing things would be "banging my head against the wall" and tell us you are now only willing to continue it the discussion via PM?

One more thing: Make sure at no point to ever concede even the smallest of points. I want you to you stick to your guns on the most unimportant, tangential aspects of the discussion so as to make it is as contentious and mind-numbing as possible. Thanks in advance.
__________________
"Back up off me, bro."
Reply With Quote

  #69  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:08 PM
syphy's Avatar
syphy syphy is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Maine
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
i know some of my detractors would love to paint me with a negative brush and thats fine, but I had/have the courage of my convictions and was willing to actually put them out to see. IMO there are three possibilities going forward:

a.) I was right about Shnany's arrogance, conflict comes with RGIII and Shanny and son are fired in favor of a coach willing to actually work with the talent given.

b.) I was wrong and Shanny starts winning again and I get to be proud to be a Redskin fan again after 20 years in the wilderness.

c.) I was right but it does not matter because RGIII sucks and the franchise is doomes so I start drinking and forget my woes.

I can live with a & B and if it is c at least I will have lots of company with me.
It was a joke dude.

But I'd hedge my bets and stockpile some canned goods just in case
Reply With Quote

  #70  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:09 PM
akhhorus's Avatar
akhhorus akhhorus is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Monty Burns County
Posts: 61,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Thank goodness. Almost cancelled my account.

I have a request for you in the future:

After you go back-and-forth for three or four posts, can you break up the other person's posts into multiple points? (Not right away, mind you. Just after a few posts.) Also can you then make a point to reference how others at the site agree with your opinion, perhaps letting us know these "others" have noticed the same think you've noticed?

If you're referring to when I said that with you several kyyle threads ago, I only brought it up because others...in that same very thread..pointed out the same thing I was saying. It was relevant then because, if memory serves, you made it into a valid point with some comment of yours. But its funny that that still pisses you off to the point where you have to mention it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
And then towards the end of every discussion can you point out that continuing things would be "banging my head against the wall" and tell us you are now only willing to continue it the discussion via PM?
The management here likes things to wrap up sooner rather then later and if things are intractable that they move to PM. When I say that I'm trying to stick to the right side of policy on this board. But work on your comedy material all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
One more thing: Make sure at no point to ever concede even the smallest of points. I want you to you stick to your guns on the most unimportant, tangential aspects of the discussion so as to make it is as contentious and mind-numbing as possible. Thanks in advance.
You're confusing my posts with yours. Thanks.
__________________
Thanks for everything Johnny White Guy.

Last edited by akhhorus : 04-26-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #71  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:30 PM
RedskinsDave's Avatar
RedskinsDave RedskinsDave is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)
Posts: 25,560
Default

I see the wet blanket brigade is out in force. Please get back to talking football. This is an exciting day.
__________________
The future is now.
Reply With Quote

  #72  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:31 PM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
This is an exciting day.
Couldn't agree more. I was more fired-up about Coach Joe coming back, but this is close.
__________________
"Back up off me, bro."
Reply With Quote

  #73  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 PM
CNYSkinFan's Avatar
CNYSkinFan CNYSkinFan is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 27,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Couldn't agree more. I was more fired-up about Coach Joe coming back, but this is close.
I was way more excited about Coach Joe, I was probably more excited in a naive way about the 2000 season, as for draft picks this is the most excited I have been about a draft pick since Lavar & Samuels.
__________________
Yeah...it sucks to be right sometimes

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan
Reply With Quote

  #74  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 PM
hail2skins's Avatar
hail2skins hail2skins is offline
hR Owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 34,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
oh wait let me finish this exchange to save time:

Cal: But that was because he had bad qbs

Me: Bad qbs that he picked.

Cal: Depends on your definition of picked....
LMAO.
Reply With Quote

  #75  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:37 PM
silverspring silverspring is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
I was way more excited about Coach Joe, I was probably more excited in a naive way about the 2000 season, as for draft picks this is the most excited I have been about a draft pick since Lavar & Samuels.
Just think of it as the excitement of 3 different 1st round draft days all combined into one. On that note, everyone should be consuming 3 times what they usually do when we have a 1st round pick.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
| Home | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Today's Posts | Search | New Posts |