Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Official RGIII Welcome Thread
Old 04-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Sachem

Default Official RGIII Welcome Thread

He might never venture onto this site. Let's just leave a welcome thread to our new QB. So, if he ventures here, he may be inspired like the greatest of artists. I'll start:

Robert - you have the brains, athleticism, and the overall football sense to become the ultimate sports hero of this city. I believe, ultimately, that you will be this man, but don't forget your ultimate goal. Just keep that mind-state in tact... learn what you can from the idiots in this league (of which there are many), and sharpen your mind into the ultimate NFL weapon. Let's do this.

-DaveKShape

Old 04-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Brave

RG3

We're all excited to have you here. All we ask is that you hate Dallas/Philly/Gints as much as us and finaly make us competitive! I'm so tired of losing. Just win baby!

JR

self proclaimed #1 Eagles team, fan, organization hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich
Ranking Eagle fans that high is similar to putting possums or weasels at the top of the food chain. It makes no sense, because while they serve a purpose -- being the majority of road-kill, along with the skunk, they also take care of the above water bottom feeding, so to say. They are nasty to confront but cowards at heart and will usually hide or play dead when challenged.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Spirit

Some of us exposed ourselves to public ridicule by supporting you very early on. We're glad we were right and look forward to you having a fantastic Redskins career!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 AM

Going to try and keep everything RGIII related here if we can.

I love this kid. How many draftees take the time to cater to the fanbase the way this guy has since we made the trade to move up to #2?

He sang the first two lines of HTTR last night when asked how he feels by Larry Michaels (intentional s on the end.....Eff Leisure Suit Larry).

Stein Blog Link

Plus he just says all of the right things. He told Susie Kolber (I wanted to kiss her last night, but unlike Broadway Joe, I was just ecstatic, not drunk off my ass) that he just wants to show the vets that he is ready to work. His attitude will be great for our lockerroom. Leadership from the QB position is something we have not had in a long long long time. (Though I would say Brunell displayed leadership)

RGIII - You are a breath of fresh air. Welcome to Washington. May you be the 2nd African American QB to win the SB.....soon.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Last edited by Keino : 04-27-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Ghost Dancer

Welcome to Washington, Mr. Griffin. Last night's draft was just another milestone on the path to a very successful life. You have our support and admiration. Stay true to yourself and your core values, and the rest will take care of itself. Avoid distractions, those who will seek to exploit you, and all of the negative influences & temptations that NFL players are exposed to. You can do great things, and your brand will be massively successful long after you hang up your cleats.

There are 4 stages of learning:

1. Unconscious incompetence: You don't know what you don't know
2. Conscious incompetence: You now know what you didn't know previously
3. Conscious competence: You know what you need to know, but you have to drilll and practice to get it right.
4. Unconscious competence: You have mastered what you need to know to the point where you don't even have to think about it.

Strive for level 4 and "Catch the Dream".

- Oddball

Old 04-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Runner

Welcome to town, just win and have some fun. We're behind you till the end.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Great Spirit

DeRo:

Ryan Zimmerman

http://twitpic.com/9e77qy

Strasburg:

http://twitpic.com/9e79z9

John Wall:

Quote:
"It's the same thing I kind of went through, but he got more. He won a bowl game, won the Heisman trophy. So, it's a lot he’s got on his shoulders, but I think he's willing to work hard and he's always going to keep working on his game, watching film and I think he’s going to get better as a player."

Old 04-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Chief

Always put god 1st,your family second,and your career 3rd! Welcome to The Greatest fan base in the world! HTTR!!!!!!

But as sure as God made black and white what's done in the dark will be brought to the light"

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 04-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Hunter

Love everything about this kid ..... Cant wait to see u in the burgandy and gold

Old 04-27-2012, 10:07 AM
hR Staff Writer

Robert I can't tell you how excited I am to have you as our QB. You are an impressive young man and an immense credit to your parents.

We are a demanding fan base who have been starved of success for a long time but you have given us immense hope.

If you continue to show the same work ethic, I am convinced you will be a huge success.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Great Spirit

(Skip ahead to 1:12, for some reason the site isn't letting me ebed to that specific point)

Old 04-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Great Spirit

STOP IT, CAL.

Last edited by RedskinsDave : 04-27-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Ghost Dancer

Dear RGIII:

Welcome to Washington. I think you are very nice. Please win so you can stay here.

~justinskins

Old 04-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Scalper

HTTR baby! Caps win last night in the closest playoff series in NHL history (against the defending champs no less!), and the Redskins get their new franchise QB!

What a day for Washington sports!

Old 04-27-2012, 12:34 PM
hR Staff Writer

Thank you for giving me hope. Succeeed here and you nwill never need to buy lunch again. Hell we made an a wased up qb like Shuler into a congressman, we cna make you president. Just dont hang with Fred Davis and Trent Williams in their all bean bag "Rec Room"

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan