Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Warrior

Thumbs up

All good news but this has to translate in W's during the season.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Hunter

Santana Moss is gonna have a big season, his deep speed will be back after trimming 15 lbs.

Good stuff.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkangiest View Post
Santana Moss is gonna have a big season, his deep speed will be back after trimming 15 lbs.

Good stuff.
Deep speed returning at age 32/33? I like the optimism, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Deep speed returning at age 32/33? I like the optimism, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
Yeah, but he is still pretty quick out of the slot. I can see him being productive for another year or two. He won't be charged with being the #1 receiver.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryHog View Post
Yeah, but he is still pretty quick out of the slot. I can see him being productive for another year or two. He won't be charged with being the #1 receiver.
I agree with this. What should help is that he should be covered by slower guys.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Spirit

Like the comment of "rg3 is our starter period" and he is going to get all 1st team reps and cousins and Rex will split second team 50/50.
Good news on Cooley and Paul.
Moss is probably gone as long as hankerson recovers. Like how he explained who would work in the slot probably interchange Morgan and hank.
Very excited for this season and can't wait to watch rg3

Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Brave

Blah, blah, blah, he also "staked his reputation" on those two losers last year and we all know what happened. I'm hoping more than anyone RG3 is our savior, but Shanny's blown smoke up are a$$'s before. I'll won't hold my breathe about this team until I see them on the field and their winning ball games. Prove me and my negative attitude wrong, coach.

self proclaimed #1 Eagles team, fan, organization hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich
Ranking Eagle fans that high is similar to putting possums or weasels at the top of the food chain. It makes no sense, because while they serve a purpose -- being the majority of road-kill, along with the skunk, they also take care of the above water bottom feeding, so to say. They are nasty to confront but cowards at heart and will usually hide or play dead when challenged.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRudy View Post
he also "staked his reputation" on those two losers last year and we all know what happened.
He did? That sounds made up.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRudy View Post
Blah, blah, blah, he also "staked his reputation" on those two losers last year and we all know what happened. I'm hoping more than anyone RG3 is our savior, but Shanny's blown smoke up are a$$'s before. I'll won't hold my breathe about this team until I see them on the field and their winning ball games. Prove me and my negative attitude wrong, coach.
Oh, I think it's going to happen. And it's not about Shanny. I honestly don't think RGIII is afraid of anything. In his mind, this isn't rocket science, and all challenges in front of him aren't unconquerable.

If you have that mindset, then Redskins fans will have a lot of fun.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkangiest View Post

Good stuff.
Grant Paulsen reported this AM that Moss might be #4 on the depth chart when all is said and done. Coaches have penciled in Garcon, Morgan and Hankerson (health assumed) ahead of him.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 AM
hR Staff Writer

Shanny is definitely saying all the right things. I hope he will actually DO all the right things. About this time of year in his first year here Shanny said alot of the same things he said about RGIII about McNabb. I hope to all holy hell that he learned a lesson in humility over the last two double digit loss seasons and actually looks to be making positive change instead of just image control.

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 AM

To me, this was the most encouraging thing said in the presser:

“We’re going to adjust our system to what he feels comfortable with, and we’ll watch him grow, and we’ll do what we feel like he does the best.”
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
To me, this was the most encouraging thing said in the presser:

“We’re going to adjust our system to what he feels comfortable with, and we’ll watch him grow, and we’ll do what we feel like he does the best.”
When you have nothing but mediocre talent at QB, I think it is reasonable to make the player fit your system. How do you adapt an offense to fully take advantage of Rex Grossman's special talents?

Shanahan has everything he needs to develop a franchise quarterback. He know that RGIII has rare talent, combined with the ability to learn quickly and command the respect of his teammates. He knows that RGIII will pickup the playbook quickly, and will be able to perform anything asked of him. Film will show where he is especially deadly, and game plans will be adjusted to fully utilize RGIII's strengths and exploit opponent's weaknesses. I also believe that Kyle will develop game plans, and RGIII will demonstrate that he is comfortable with the plan, but will also throw in a few suggestions, if he thinks the game plan can be fine-tuned. If it works, there will be a strong bond of trust between the coaching staff and RGIII.

In other breaking news, Rex Grossman has volunteered to take an afternoon to share everything he knows with Robert Griffin III.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/rex...teach-r,28090/

Old 05-07-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSkin View Post
When you have nothing but mediocre talent at QB, I think it is reasonable to make the player fit your system. How do you adapt an offense to fully take advantage of Rex Grossman's special talents?
I don't want to open up another McNabb debate, but to me, Grossman was selected, in part, because he would not ask for adjustments. He would run it the exact way Kyle wanted it ran, whether or not he had the skill level to run anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSkin View Post
Shanahan has everything he needs to develop a franchise quarterback. He know that RGIII has rare talent, combined with the ability to learn quickly and command the respect of his teammates. He knows that RGIII will pickup the playbook quickly, and will be able to perform anything asked of him. Film will show where he is especially deadly, and game plans will be adjusted to fully utilize RGIII's strengths and exploit opponent's weaknesses. I also believe that Kyle will develop game plans, and RGIII will demonstrate that he is comfortable with the plan, but will also throw in a few suggestions, if he thinks the game plan can be fine-tuned. If it works, there will be a strong bond of trust between the coaching staff and RGIII.

In other breaking news, Rex Grossman has volunteered to take an afternoon to share everything he knows with Robert Griffin III.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/rex...teach-r,28090/
I hope you are correct. It would be nice to see Kyle mature as a people-manager. That is a big part of his job and a big part of putting your players in position to be successful. For his part, I hope Papa Shanny has stressed the need to improve in this area for all of the coaches, including himself.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
I don't want to open up another McNabb debate, but to me, Grossman was selected, in part, because he would not ask for adjustments. He would run it the exact way Kyle wanted it ran, whether or not he had the skill level to run anything.
I believe that Grossman was brought in as the "system quarterback". His role was to teach the system to the other qb's and be the #2. Except for the fact that he can't execute the system, it was a solid plan.