Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Obstructed or Limited View seats @ FedEx Field?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Papoose

Default Obstructed or Limited View seats @ FedEx Field?

Hi all. I am looking to get tix for the 10/14 game vs. Minnesota. I am looking forward to bringing my son to his first Skins game! I have noticed tix for sale in sections 222 and 224 but they are listed as Obstructed or Limited View. I am wondering what that really means and if those tix are worth the cost. I've sat in several other sections but never ones in this level. It seems there isn't a bad seat in the house. Thanks for any help. HAIL!

Old 09-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou2144 View Post
Hi all. I am looking to get tix for the 10/14 game vs. Minnesota. I am looking forward to bringing my son to his first Skins game! I have noticed tix for sale in sections 222 and 224 but they are listed as Obstructed or Limited View. I am wondering what that really means and if those tix are worth the cost. I've sat in several other sections but never ones in this level. It seems there isn't a bad seat in the house. Thanks for any help. HAIL!
Got a feeling it may mean the overhang from the tier above, though there are one or two pillars down there.

Have sat in the 200s once before (The 36-30 OT win over the Jags) and it was actually a good view. It may actually be a good move as you're bringing your son thus avoiding the drunk and fighty knuckleheads in the upper bowls.

Based on where I sat (others here may have had different experience), try and get as near the front of the section and you should be ok.

On the other hand, if the skins' OL is as porous as it was on occasion in the pre-season, an obstructed view might be beneficial.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Papoose

yeah, i've done more checking and it appears the obstruction being referred to is the overhang from the 300 level. It seems starting at around row 15 they are labeled "obstructed view. So you are probably correct in saying the lower rows have less or no obstruction. I'm just wondering how much of the game is out of view. I could live without seeing the arc of the punts if that's all that will be blocked. I showed my son a picture of the new huge video screens and he is real excited to see a 100ft TV screen so if those are obstructed then i'd probably pass on those tix.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Papoose

"On the other hand, if the skins' OL is as porous as it was on occasion in the pre-season, an obstructed view might be beneficial."

Oh man, will there ever be a year where we all don't think this??

oh yeah and F off John Mara!!! He took away all our salary cap space and prevented Eric Winston from being the new RT.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou2144 View Post
I showed my son a picture of the new huge video screens and he is real excited to see a 100ft TV screen so if those are obstructed then i'd probably pass on those tix.
I'd take him to Best Buy and save yourself some money...

Old 09-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Shaman

I sat in seats labeled "obstructed view" that were bought for me and some others for a girls birthday. Never again. I spent the whole time behind a concrete pillar and watching the game on a small tube TV on tape delay. When I looked around the pillar, the overhang severely limited the view. Never again. Spent the entire day saying to myself that I should've just stayed home.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Papoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santheb View Post
I sat in seats labeled "obstructed view" that were bought for me and some others for a girls birthday. Never again. I spent the whole time behind a concrete pillar and watching the game on a small tube TV on tape delay. When I looked around the pillar, the overhang severely limited the view. Never again. Spent the entire day saying to myself that I should've just stayed home.
Thanks for the advice from experience. That is exactly what i am looking to avoid. Looks like i'll have to buck up for better seats or just watch it at home on Sunday Ticket. How can any stadium built in the last 25 years have any obstructed view seats at all?? That's just a poor job constructing a huge stadium like that.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDisorder View Post
Got a feeling it may mean the overhang from the tier above, though there are one or two pillars down there.

Have sat in the 200s once before (The 36-30 OT win over the Jags) and it was actually a good view. It may actually be a good move as you're bringing your son thus avoiding the drunk and fighty knuckleheads in the upper bowls.

Based on where I sat (others here may have had different experience), try and get as near the front of the section and you should be ok.

On the other hand, if the skins' OL is as porous as it was on occasion in the pre-season, an obstructed view might be beneficial.
We're going to the Vikings game!!?

In terms of the view, I prefer upstairs.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak View Post
We're going to the Vikings game!!?

In terms of the view, I prefer upstairs.
Well I figured by the time security have separated us all at the Falcons game, we might as well stay for the Vikings...

Old 09-03-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Well I figured by the time security have separated us all at the Falcons game, we might as well stay for the Vikings...
True. It could take up to 5 days for the bail to post.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Healer

I have sat in the "obstructed view" seats and I had a great time. Only thing I couldn't really see is the kickoffs or any high kicks..

There are pillars down there, so you just have to research what seats are blocked by them. And you don't want to get TOO high of a row or you will be tucked under that section a little too far.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:42 PM

Two main types of obstructions .... Overhang and Pillars. If the 200 seats are in the corners then its overhang but as you move towards the middle of the field it the pillars come into play for rows higher than 12.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Healer

Now I think about it, there was a Giants fan behind me last season who kept complaining when I stood up during plays.

So that there obstruction could well be me...

Old 09-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Healer

Quote:
Now I think about it, there was a Giants fan behind me last season who kept complaining when I stood up during plays.

Well worth it.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:21 PM
HR's Mom

Quote:

I've met this man, he's not lying.

My seats have obstructed views too, from the grinning nosehairs that are the opposing team fans that take their "peace out" pics in front of me since we are right in front of the visiting team. It gets old, thank God for the jumbo trons