Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Your FedEx Stadium Experience...
Old 09-15-2012, 07:05 AM
Healer

Default Your FedEx Stadium Experience...

Thought this might be a good idea bearing in mind the recent posts on obstructed views and any other FedEx-related shenanighans...

Anyway, I need a bit of advice - Anyone bought tickets in the Standing Room Only sections up in the 400s...?

I was looking to pick-up a ticket on the internet for both the Atlanta & Minnesota games. I normally stand through a game at the very back of the 400s anyway, so tickets for the standing only areas are ideal as they are half the price of a seat ticket.

Has anyone watched a game from these areas - just wanted to know what the experience is like (ie, is it full of pissed-up knuckle-draggers looking for a tear-up...? Fans of the visiting team...? People like Smoak...?)

(Mods - I know this is probably better placed in the Blackfoot Ticket section, but I needed some quick feedback and didn't want my question lost out of sight where no-one goes...)

Old 09-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDisorder View Post
Thought this might be a good idea bearing in mind the recent posts on obstructed views and any other FedEx-related shenanighans...

Anyway, I need a bit of advice - Anyone bought tickets in the Standing Room Only sections up in the 400s...?

I was looking to pick-up a ticket on the internet for both the Atlanta & Minnesota games. I normally stand through a game at the very back of the 400s anyway, so tickets for the standing only areas are ideal as they are half the price of a seat ticket.

Has anyone watched a game from these areas - just wanted to know what the experience is like (ie, is it full of pissed-up knuckle-draggers looking for a tear-up...? Fans of the visiting team...? People like Smoak...?)

(Mods - I know this is probably better placed in the Blackfoot Ticket section, but I needed some quick feedback and didn't want my question lost out of sight where no-one goes...)
Since this section is new, there's no real way of knowing what kind of crowd to expect. Since you are looking at the Atlanta and Minnesota games, I wouldn't expect to be in a crowd of thuggish, opposing team fans. Now if this is the Philly game, all bets are off. lol

Here's a review I found on this section, if it helps:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2010/8/27/1...-standing-room

- Oddball

Old 09-15-2012, 08:08 AM
Chief Moderator

My guess is that the 1/2 priced tickets in this section will attract the type of crowd that typically frequents the preseason games. Younger, looking to drink, likely more interested in socializing than the game itself, maybe a vomit incident or two....etc. I believe the Skins originally were going to call them "Party Decks" but detracted for fear of a bad atmosphere.

Austin is right....ATL and MIN don't have raucous fanbases so I highly doubt there will be any fisticuffs. (Unless you want to be the one who starts one. lol)

The pictures I've seen online show a decent visibility of the field...and if you are planning on standing anyway, might as well do it for half price and be closer to the field.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:10 AM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

Wait, the SRO section is club level? I thought it was upper deck.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
They're on both apparently. Guess I'll wait until after the Bengals game before shelling out. Thanks chaps...

Old 09-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSkin View Post
Since this section is new, there's no real way of knowing what kind of crowd to expect. Since you are looking at the Atlanta and Minnesota games, I wouldn't expect to be in a crowd of thuggish, opposing team fans. Now if this is the Philly game, all bets are off. lol

Here's a review I found on this section, if it helps:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2010/8/27/1...-standing-room
Looking at the photos in that review, it reminds me of the good old days before all-seater terracing became mandatory over here in the UK. They're right about the noise as well - one of the complaints in the EPL about being forced to sit is that noise/atmosphere tends to get diluted...

Old 09-15-2012, 10:06 AM

I think standing room only is perfect for an Aussie. . Kidding aside, that is what I am considering... I hate sitting still.

Otherwise I may tailgate and then go to Tom's place.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:36 AM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

Weird. I always thought standing was frowned upon in the club section.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak View Post
I think standing room only is perfect for an Aussie. . Kidding aside, that is what I am considering... I hate sitting still.

Otherwise I may tailgate and then go to Tom's place.
What - standing upside down...?

I love the idea of going in mob-handed. Does two people count as a mob...?

Old 09-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
Both end zone areas have had standing areas on the club level for a couple of years now. The band was in one of them though. Those are not the party deck which is in the upper deck.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:48 PM
hR Owner

The upper-level SRO section is on riser stands and they aren't deep at all. The view should be good. My seat was in 447 which is now standing room only and I loved the view. I will probably get a couple during the season too. My seat for the Bengals, I just bought, is in 453 row 1.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Sachem

I'm looking into playoff tickets - does anyone know which sections are standing room only? I wouldn't really mind standing but my friend wants seats.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Healer

Anybody have a first hand account with these?

Thinking about grabbing a pair for the game...the price is definitely right. A buddy of mine scored a pair in the 300's from our office and loved them, but since that's club level I'm guessing the experience is a little different from the 400 level SRO. For the 300's at least, he told me there are 2 rows per riser, and the even number row gets the front while the odd number row gets the back. Anyone know if that holds true in the 400's?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoalie29 View Post
Anybody have a first hand account with these?

Thinking about grabbing a pair for the game...the price is definitely right. A buddy of mine scored a pair in the 300's from our office and loved them, but since that's club level I'm guessing the experience is a little different from the 400 level SRO. For the 300's at least, he told me there are 2 rows per riser, and the even number row gets the front while the odd number row gets the back. Anyone know if that holds true in the 400's?
I sit in the 400's but I don't follow your question?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
I'm looking into playoff tickets - does anyone know which sections are standing room only? I wouldn't really mind standing but my friend wants seats.
it looks like from the seating chart they are sections 410 to 418 on one end and 437 to 445 on the other. There are also standing on the club level 329-335 and 308-314.