Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Three Draft Scenarios from skinsfan36
Old 05-04-2014, 07:38 AM
hR Owner

Default Three Draft Scenarios from skinsfan36

skinsfan36 developed three mock draft scenarios. Use this thread to discuss.

Here is the link to his blog post Three Draft Scenarios

Last edited by hail2skins : 05-04-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Shaman

Good job skinsfan36, some things I like, some im not sure about. I think I like scenario #2 the best. Getting 4 picks for 1 is always good in my book, esp that you still came away with OT and FS with our 1st 2 picks. I need to look at ilb Stephon Robertson more, you obviously like him..or are just a JMU alum I get the feeling that more and more calls will be coming in this week on Cousins, regarding your scenario #3.

Overall, some of the players I really like throughout your 3 scenarios...I think Attaochu might be a real possibility. Joyner, Lawrence ( was in for a visit) , Brooks , Thomas, Sims , Urban ( hope we get him ) , Lyerla.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
Good job skinsfan36, some things I like, some im not sure about. I think I like scenario #2 the best. Getting 4 picks for 1 is always good in my book, esp that you still came away with OT and FS with our 1st 2 picks. I need to look at ilb Stephon Robertson more, you obviously like him..or are just a JMU alum I get the feeling that more and more calls will be coming in this week on Cousins, regarding your scenario #3.

Overall, some of the players I really like throughout your 3 scenarios...I think Attaochu might be a real possibility. Joyner, Lawrence ( was in for a visit) , Brooks , Thomas, Sims , Urban ( hope we get him ) , Lyerla.
Thanks Vegas. I actually haven't much of Robertson but he's local and they have shown some interest. A few of the guys in my mocks were in for visits. I think they will take an olb/ot/s with 34 or wherever they end up picking in 2nd

Old 05-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Ghost Dancer

Nice write-up, but I'm not crazy about some of the picks.

Morgan Moses is big, but his technique just looks sloppy. He doesn't look like he gets low enough to stay under a rusher's pads, and he was lumbering in the Senior Bowl. I would rather see Bitonio or Juann (sp?) James from Tennessee at OT.

Ahmad Dixon is Brandon Meriweather 2.0. Loves to launch his body at a target, but doesn't wrap up well. Unless he can change his technique, I predict fines and suspensions for this prospect. I would much rather have Lamarcus Joyner.

I have made it no secret that I'm a huge fan of C.J. Fiedorowicz at TE, but I could also live with Crockett Gilmore (6th), Jordan Navjar (7th/FA) or Lyerla.

In UDFA, I would target the punter from Miami, Carrington Byndom at CB and Eddie Lackey, the LB from Baylor. Byndom is a good cover corner who clocked a 4.37 on his pro day.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan36 View Post
Thanks Vegas. I actually haven't much of Robertson but he's local and they have shown some interest. A few of the guys in my mocks were in for visits. I think they will take an olb/ot/s with 34 or wherever they end up picking in 2nd
2 popular names you didn't list, and I think we should stay away from right now due in injury concerns...the T CK , and ilb Borland. Keep reading about lots of questions about Ck's knee and Borlands shoulder. Like Austin above, I am not convinced on either Moses or Dixon. FS,OLB are D priorities, be nice to add more youth to dline. On O , oline and TE would be my priorities, then a sproles-type back and possibly redzone receiver.

Last edited by VegasSkinsFan : 05-04-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Comanchero

As a JMU alum, I'm biased, but Stephon Robertson would be an amazing pick up. He was robbed of FCS defensive player of the year. Doesn't have eye popping numbers on combine drills, and is undersized, but he's a sure tackler, very instinctive, was always around the ball, and was usually a key component in a turnover/3rd or 4th down stop (VT fans will remember his forced fumble against Darren Evans). In my hopes and dreams, he could be a London Fletcher, but that might be too much to expect from someone. I do think he can be a solid contributor for a team, be it on special teams or spell duty for an ILB.

Last edited by Skaggsrules : 05-04-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaggsrules View Post
As a JMU alum, I'm biased, but Stephon Robertson would be an amazing pick up. He was robbed of FCS defensive player of the year. Doesn't have eye popping numbers on combine drill, and is undersized, but he's a sure tackler, very instinctive, was always around the ball, and was usually a key component in a turnover/3rd or 4th down stop (VT fans will remember his forced fumble against Darren Evans). In my hopes and dreams, he could be a London Fletcher, but that might be too much to expect from someone. I do think he can be a solid contributor for a team, be it on special teams or spell duty for an ILB.
That would be nice, so far I am 0-2 for potential Fletchers. I was hoping HB Blades was going to be that guy a couple years ago, and then last year we grabbed a guy I thought had that possibility...um, nope haha.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Shaman

Big fan of scenario 1 good job overall but scenario one answers a lot of my concerns we would all be dancing if we could get Moses at 34.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Firebuilder

I'm really weary of Moses at 34 although some don't think he'll make it out the1st rd. I'd go with the best value need if no trade down occurs. That could be OG, OT, DL or DB. Telvin Smith should be the LB pick if there in the 4th.. Really like this guy just needs some bulking up.. Wouldn't mind Tuitt, CK, or one of the 2 top OG's at 34. Love SS Buchanan also..

Old 05-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
2 popular names you didn't list, and I think we should stay away from right now due in injury concerns...the T CK , and ilb Borland. Keep reading about lots of questions about Ck's knee and Borlands shoulder. Like Austin above, I am not convinced on either Moses or Dixon. FS,OLB are D priorities, be nice to add more youth to dline. On O , oline and TE would be my priorities, then a sproles-type back and possibly redzone receiver.
Yeah I think ck injury concerns have him off a ton of boards and I've heard zero interest from skins. I agree no to Borland he is not good in space more of a two down linebacker and we have plenty

Old 05-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
Big fan of scenario 1 good job overall but scenario one answers a lot of my concerns we would all be dancing if we could get Moses at 34.
Thanks. Theres a chance he's there but I'm 50/50 he will be there. Lots of good tackle options through day 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath23 View Post
I'm really weary of Moses at 34 although some don't think he'll make it out the1st rd. I'd go with the best value need if no trade down occurs. That could be OG, OT, DL or DB. Telvin Smith should be the LB pick if there in the 4th.. Really like this guy just needs some bulking up.. Wouldn't mind Tuitt, CK, or one of the 2 top OG's at 34. Love SS Buchanan also..
I'm not sold on telvin smith strikes me as a 43 cover 2 type linebacker

Old 05-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Firebuilder

I'm not sold on telvin smith strikes me as a 43 cover 2 type linebacker[/quote]

Some see him as a guy that can play ILB in a 3-4 alot like Shazier, I tend to agree and he has good cover skills. He want come off the field.. Jmo.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath23 View Post
I'm not sold on telvin smith strikes me as a 43 cover 2 type linebacker
Some see him as a guy that can play ILB in a 3-4 alot like Shazier, I tend to agree and he has good cover skills. He want come off the field.. Jmo.[/quote]

Maybe a guy like Shembo in the 5th? ILB doesn't have me nearly as worried as OLB leading into 2015. Even if Bj takes Rak's spot, we would still need someone else to develop.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Shaman

Nice work.

Scenario 1: I have mixed feelings about Moses. He has all the physical attributes, but technically he is a project. If we decide to go tackle there are a lot of interesting options. They are both needs, but the question comes down to whether guard or tackle is more important. I still feel like Chester is more of a disaster than polumbus and undoubtedly we can get a great guard here. Jackson, Filo or Yankey all would be awesome.
Lawrence would be a good Orakpo replacement, but I am not sure why we bothered tagging orakpo if we are going to immediately replace him.
I tend to think if we draft safety we should only go with a FS simply because Rambo and Thomas are still viable options.
Personally I am not a fan of a RB so high. We have Helu, we have Morris. Probably good value here though.
Love the ikard pick.

I think the second scenario would give us some really great players. Brooks might actually be a real free safety. He has the speed. I also think Watkins might be a true FS too. Hopefully one of them is a solution.

I like the 3rd scenario in terms of the trade. I think the cousins trade is a real possibility though. I would rather pick oline higher though. I really like Turner. I think he could truly fill out RT spot. SH is a giant question mark. He is a great value pick that low but a lot of red flags. Him and williams might hang out too much
If you are looking for a TE you could also consider Fiedorowicz instead of Roberson in the 5th. I think there are some other great options you could then use in the 7th. Kerr, Pat O'Donnell, Ben Gardner, Brandon Thomas and maybe Copeland will fall.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Spirit

I think there are more questions about Moses than some other OL players that will be available then. I'd take Yankey (OG) Filo (OG) or CK (RT) over Moses. We don't need a project - we need a starter at #34!

Last edited by colkurtz : 05-06-2014 at 04:41 AM.